ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Dollar shave club? Yes or No?****

From my experience: Yes. I use the 5-blade cartridge, but to each their own on that preference. DSC blades seem to last longer then the Gillette comparables. Quality, substantial handle. I have the cartridges shipped every two months vs. every month and I'm so far ahead I had to suspend service for a couple months. Good customer service, too... I had one minor issue and contacted them more as an fyi than a true complaint, and they responded with a regular order freebie - way more value than the issue I brought up.
It is inexpensive enough to give it a try and quit if you don't like it. Little money invested up front if not satisfied.

The people marketing razors are geniuses who excel at making people waste their money. All I want is something to get rid of whiskers without butchering my face. Disposables work fine for me and they last awhile if you take care of them. Maybe they're not environmentally friendly but I don't care.

No way--don't do any of the shave clubs.

Try Dorco--you buy your own stuff at super cheap prices, and they often have coupons of up to 50% off their already cheap prices.

Both the wife and I have been extremely happy with them--and the shipping is quick too, almost Amazon-like.

http://dorcousa.com/

Been a dsc member for 3+ years now and love it. I get them every other months because I had a back log of razors. I looked at dorco but the best part of DSC is you don't have to remember to reorder. I like the fact that every two months they send me an email asking if I need anything else. No reordering or anything. They just show up in the mail box. That to me is worth paying a dollar or two more a year. The customer service is great. I replaced the handle after 2 years and dropped the new one. The button fell off and I shot them an email. They sent a new one free.

Last edited:
The people marketing razors are geniuses who excel at making people waste their money. All I want is something to get rid of whiskers without butchering my face. Disposables work fine for me and they last awhile if you take care of them. Maybe they're not environmentally friendly but I don't care.

Agreed / they're just freaking razors. Package of 50 Gillette throw aways and dry them after each use.

I also use Dorco. I gave four of my friends the Dorco Pace 7 as a gift. They all love it and will not go back to using Gillette. I use the Pace 6 Plus and its a great shave at a very reasonable price.

I actually just started using the same razor after switching from electrics.

Had a Braun Series 7 that cost about $300--it couldn't clean itself for shit, although it shaved relatively closely. The finish on the shaving head also started peeling, so I gave up on it.

Bought the top of the line Norelco with Sensotouch around the holidays, and this thing doesn't shave closely at all. Total garbage.

The wife has been using Dorco for years, so I switched and am done with electrics.

Do you really need any razor with more than two blades? I see that razor "technology" has increased the number of blades to 3, 4, 5, 6 or even 7 blades!!! Crazy. The twin-bladed disposables from Target have the gel strips, last a long time and cost about $5 for 10 razors.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Do you really need any razor with more than two blades? I see that razor "technology" has increased the number of blades to 3, 4, 5, 6 or even 7 blades!!! Crazy. The twin-bladed disposables from Target have the gel strips, last a long time and cost about $5 for 10 razors.

FWIW, a 7-blade cartridge pack of 4 on Dorco is $9.49, and there's often coupons for 20% off. If you order in bulk, you can take the price down to $7.50 or less for 10.

I got tired of paying for cartridge razors and switched to a good old fashioned double edge safety razor. Blades can be had for 12 cents a piece and I use one for 2 weeks. I'll never go back. ....give it a try.
And the shaves are better and more comfortable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT