ADVERTISEMENT

OT: does our 'White Out' experience make the brass reconsider future seat capacity?

Doubtful. Not when they have to pull gimmicks to sell tickets to all but one of the other games.

Why would you build it to the point that you can only fill it once a year?

Infrastructure cannot handle traffic and parking demand as it is. Going bigger or even staying the same is not good from that aspect.

Reactions: mcgunns
They can still have white outs with 90k stadium.

$$$$$$$$, not white outs will determine future stadium plans

true......I was just talking in regards to having that amount of people in the stadium and how electric it is. I'm wondering how potentially chopping out 20K fans affects the atmosphere. But as well all know, $$ drives everything.

I am for individual seats with backs and enough individual space for everyone at the game.

Really tired of having the guy in front of me leaning back on me and the guy in back of me kneeing me in the kidney cause I won't move over and give him my space to stretch out. Or coming into my row and having 4 " of bench available to sit due to too many people sitting in sections they are not ticketed for.

you are basically forced to but those seat cushions with backs to try to at least ID and preserve the space you purchased.

Are they considering anything? Right now, the 20 Year Master Plan is looking like a 25, or more, year plan.
Take heart Art. Sandy stood on the field last night with a couple who were announced as 7 figure donors. :D

I'm all for the elimination of the benches. The benches take away from an otherwise great game experience. I feel like I'm forced to stand or ball up into the fetal position to sit during the game.

They can still have white outs with 90k stadium.

$$$$$$$$, not white outs will determine future stadium plans
I don’t think they are planning to reduce the stadium below approximately 100,000 seats. They will likely not make all the seats stadium backs, and keep the bleachers for the students who stand anyway, and maybe the north end zone. My guess is that differential pricing for the comfortable seats vs the bleachers will take care of the revenue issue caused by the reduction in capacity. They are selling out most big ten games now and I expect this will continue. None of this should effect the annual white out game.

I don’t think they are planning to reduce the stadium below approximately 100,000 seats. They will likely not make all the seats stadium backs, and keep the bleachers for the students who stand anyway, and maybe the north end zone. My guess is that differential pricing for the comfortable seats vs the bleachers will take care of the revenue issue caused by the reduction in capacity. They are selling out most big ten games now and I expect this will continue. None of this should effect the annual white out game.

I could see the student section and the upper deck in the North staying bleachers, and then the rest of the lower bowl being all seat-backed, which would keep things in the 98,000-100,000ish range

Reactions: Nitwit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT