ADVERTISEMENT

OT: David Feherty's son OD's

So sad. I posted this in psuro's mount Rushmore thread. I really like ferhity and would like to see him get a major talk show. He is so open about his struggles with depression and drugs. Hopefully these stories help others. Joey J comes to mind.

Horrible news obviously. I think back to even the worst stuff we did in, and after college, and it looks harmless now. The deaths in our youths usually came in the form of car accidents, not pills and needles.

Feherty on ANY major network @ 11:30 would be a major league upgrade.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
For those of you who do not know, my wife Linda and I were staying at Marina Del Rey on Jan2, 2017 excited about the upcoming Rose Bowl for which we had seats. It was a homecoming of sorts for my wife who lived their with her Oscar and Emmy Award winning Husband until he passed away a few years before. At about 7AM Pacific time I received a phone call that my middle son John passed away just hours before in Washington DC from an apparent opioid overdose.

Can you imagine the pain we felt. Had to go back home to Pa. we could not get a flight until after the game. Never felt so low. So alone. But my wife, best friends and a couple USC fans gave me such an outpouring of emotions that they enabled me to get through that day.

I still see my son's beautiful face, his great smile, his athletic skills which enabled him to be a walk on at Wake Forest and a student at Case Western and Columbia University.

I can only imagine the pain David is feeling
It won't go away however it will subside.

I am looking at John's photo as I write this response and think of his last few days at the house. A photo of my ex wife, my 3 kids and me. The last one as a complete family. His ashes now on the mantle piece. Can't let go just yet as I receive solace by thinking about what they represent: clay, and divine presence.

John will be with me this season. He was with us at the Michigan State game last year. He loved it.

So sorry David for your loss

No words Rag. You sharing can help though, and w/ no other solutions on the horizon, well... Thanks and God Bless.

Reactions: rag195
For those of you who do not know, my wife Linda and I were staying at Marina Del Rey on Jan2, 2017 excited about the upcoming Rose Bowl for which we had seats. It was a homecoming of sorts for my wife who lived their with her Oscar and Emmy Award winning Husband until he passed away a few years before. At about 7AM Pacific time I received a phone call that my middle son John passed away just hours before in Washington DC from an apparent opioid overdose.

Can you imagine the pain we felt. Had to go back home to Pa. we could not get a flight until after the game. Never felt so low. So alone. But my wife, best friends and a couple USC fans gave me such an outpouring of emotions that they enabled me to get through that day.

I still see my son's beautiful face, his great smile, his athletic skills which enabled him to be a walk on at Wake Forest and a student at Case Western and Columbia University.

I can only imagine the pain David is feeling
It won't go away however it will subside.

I am looking at John's photo as I write this response and think of his last few days at the house. A photo of my ex wife, my 3 kids and me. The last one as a complete family. His ashes now on the mantle piece. Can't let go just yet as I receive solace by thinking about what they represent: clay, and divine presence.

John will be with me this season. He was with us at the Michigan State game last year. He loved it.

So sorry David for your loss
Like MtNittany, no words. May God comfort you and your family.

One step, one day at a time brother.

Burying a child -- I can't think of anything worse. So sad for David Feherty, and we now see this close to home with board poster rag195, so courageously sharing his grief with this particular circle of friends. Utmost sympathy to those loving parents who have suffered such a loss.

Reactions: rag195
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT