ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dark matter mysteries. We only see 20% of all matter in the universe

As J.B.S. Haldane said (and I'm paraphrasing), the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we're capable of imagining. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's a great line.

Reactions: Zenophile
As J.B.S. Haldane said (and I'm paraphrasing), the universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we're capable of imagining. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's a great line.
Here's something on the Double Slit Experiment. Richard Feynman called this the fundamental mystery of quantum mechanics.

I would speculate that it is true.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Here's something on the Double Slit Experiment. Richard Feynman called this the fundamental mystery of quantum mechanics.

It's amazing is that the the polymath Thomas Young first performed this experiment around 1800. He used it to support the wave theory of light against the Newtonian corpuscular theory of light.

Not according to our resident "Humanist" - his arrogance and hubris is boundless...even if he hasn't the slightest clue or understanding, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to pedantically lecture you about how it's proof of his gibberish "word salad" theories.

Actually, Dark Matter is only 23% of the universe, not 80%. The Matter we do see, which is all the stars, planets, galaxies, etc is only 4%. The rest of the universe is Dark Energy which makes up about 73%

Reactions: mn78psu83

Apparently you missed the part about the electrons behavior being impacted by merely observing them (e.g., "intelligence" does impact the universe and "matter") -- this same rule applies to "entangled particles" (or "Spooky Action at a Distance" as Einstein called it.....or the EPR Paradox)...the entangled particles communicate at speeds that far exceed the speed of light when observed, but act randomly when not. Again, intelligence clearly plays a role in the "rules of the universe" and given that the language of the universe is math, which is absolute and binary, it is not unreasonable to believe that the universe has an absolute and binary "morality code" as to right and wrong...good and evil....The Golden Rule and the Anti Golden Rule.

Actually, Dark Matter is only 23% of the universe, not 80%. The Matter we do see, which is all the stars, planets, galaxies, etc is only 4%. The rest of the universe is Dark Energy which makes up about 73%

Nothing like the comforting pitter-patter of little matter around the universe.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT