ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DA no criminal charges for Deshaun Watson *

These accusations are too recent.

Has to be 20 or more years ago where the defendent doesn't even recall the woman.

Then they will press charges.

Another high profile athlete beats the charges. Our legal system is getting worse by the day.
Really? The prosecution was presenting evidence to a grand jury which only has to find that there is enough evidence for the charges to proceed. This is an extremely low bar for the prosecution to meet and there is an old saying that you can persuade a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.

Really? The prosecution was presenting evidence to a grand jury which only has to find that there is enough evidence for the charges to proceed. This is an extremely low bar for the prosecution to meet and there is an old saying that you can persuade a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.
You have more faith in our new WOKE legal system then me for sure.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Another high profile athlete beats the charges. Our legal system is getting worse by the day.
The problem is that none of us can know.

Our legal system is ridiculous, of that, there can be little doubt.

Alec Baldwin is getting away with manslaughter, and nothing anyone says will make that untrue.

But in this case, we don't know if DeShaun Watson did it or not. Sure it isn't an orchestrated campaign to get $$$$?

Did these women file police reports when it happened?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying that it isn't clear at all that it did happen.

You have more faith in our new WOKE legal system then me for sure.
I am as anti-woke as anyone, but Watson not getting indicted by a grand jury is not “woke”. They chose to try to prosecute him but didn’t have the evidence. Woke is releasing criminals with lengthy records on no or little bail, choosing not to prosecute certain types of cases, etc.

Alec Baldwin is getting away with manslaughter, and nothing anyone says will make that untrue.

But in this case, we don't know if DeShaun Watson did it or not. Sure it isn't an orchestrated campaign to get $$$$?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying that it isn't clear at all that it did happen.
Totaling confusing post. I despise Alec Baldwin but he is entitled to due process in this country (at least so far). One of the real threats to this country is “convicting” people based on media reports and opinions from talking heads.

Also, what is "it", as in did "it"? Personally, I think there are far worse crimes than requesting a little extra TLC during a massage session.

I am as anti-woke as anyone, but Watson not getting indicted by a grand jury is not “woke”. They chose to try to prosecute him but didn’t have the evidence. Woke is releasing criminals with lengthy records on no or little bail, choosing not to prosecute certain types of cases, etc.
There’s a long line of people that do not understand what a grand jury is and how it functions.

Woke is much more than just releasing criminals.

True, Watson proved to be a scumbag hypocrite, but I was skeptical from the very beginning on whether he actually committed a crime. These women most likely jumped at the chance to give a rich, handsome NFL QB a happy ending, and only “felt violated” when he didn’t call them back.

In fact, the whole MeToo “consensual sex isn’t really consensual if there is a power difference” theory is likely why these women believed they had a case against Watson at all.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Also, what is "it", as in did "it"? Personally, I think there are far worse crimes than requesting a little extra TLC during a massage session.
I’m not even sure he requested the TLC. The women likely gave it to him voluntarily. This is a NFL quarterback we are talking about, not Harvey Weinstein!

I’m not even sure he requested the TLC. The women likely gave it to him voluntarily. This is a NFL quarterback we are talking about, not Harvey Weinstein!
Good observation. Hideous freak Weinstein couldn’t get any woman to be attracted to his ugly self.

Deshawn Watson probably has to push women away.

That in itself, while unfair, casts doubt on the claims of DW accusers and lends credibility to HW accusers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT