ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Classic movie series, next 7 films . . .

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
Just bought my discount pack for the next 7 films TCM is running in their Classic Movie Series.

all I gotta say is . . . wow:

Blade Runner (1982)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Seats: General Admission
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) presented by TCM
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Blazing Saddles (1974)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
To Catch A Thief (1955)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Pretty in Pink 30th Anniversary
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
The Maltese Falcon 75th Anniversary (1941) presented by TCM
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,

Just bought my discount pack for the next 7 films TCM is running in their Classic Movie Series.

all I gotta say is . . . wow:

Blade Runner (1982)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) presented by TCM
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Blazing Saddles (1974)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
To Catch A Thief (1955)
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
Pretty in Pink 30th Anniversary
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,
The Maltese Falcon 75th Anniversary (1941) presented by TCM
2:00 PM | Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Digital Cinema
1 Matinee,

I still have yet to see Blade Runner. Which version? I heard there were quite a few. I know "To Catch a Thief" is not Hitchcock's best but you have to admit Grace Kelly is smoking hot!

Tom

I still have yet to see Blade Runner. Which version? I heard there were quite a few. I know "To Catch a Thief" is not Hitchcock's best but you have to admit Grace Kelly is smoking hot!

Tom

I believe this is the theatrical release. The director's cut is pretty awesome though.

TCM has been slowly working their way through Hitchcock's films. so far I have seen (in the theatre) Psycho (twice), Vertigo, and Rear Window

hopefully they will run North by Northwest before too long . . .

Grace Kelly is amazing, but I always thought Eva Marie Saint was the hottest Hitchcock lady

My 3 favorite Hitchcock films are 1. Foreign Correspondent 2. Rebecca 3. The 39 Steps. Stage Fright got terrible reviews, but I liked it very much. They said that Hitch's favorite was Shadow of Doubt.

Reactions: simons96
I believe this is the theatrical release. The director's cut is pretty awesome though.

TCM has been slowly working their way through Hitchcock's films. so far I have seen (in the theatre) Psycho (twice), Vertigo, and Rear Window

hopefully they will run North by Northwest before too long . . .

Grace Kelly is amazing, but I always thought Eva Marie Saint was the hottest Hitchcock lady

No complaints there my friend! Eve Marie Saint was a looker and quite spectacular in North By Northwest.

Tom

I wonder if Blazing Saddles will be the censored version.....

TCM has run it before, uncensored.

a great comedy classic that would NEVER get made today

legend has it the studio refused to cast Pryor in the lead role, and many studio execs walked out of the studio screening

Pryor assured Mel Brooks the "people" would get it . . .

Ahhhh Grace Kelly in Rear Window! Jimmy Stewart must've been soaking up every scene in that movie!

TCM has run it before, uncensored.

a great comedy classic that would NEVER get made today

legend has it the studio refused to cast Pryor in the lead role, and many studio execs walked out of the studio screening

Pryor assured Mel Brooks the "people" would get it . . .

I don't know I just saw The Hateful 8 and it got made so I don't think Blazing Saddles would have any problem.
What a run Mel Brooks had. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety all classics. Yea I know I left out Silent Movie but thats not one I liked.

I will go with North by Northwest. My favorite from Hitch.

Picking a favorite Hitch film for me is like me trying to pick my favorite Bowie song.
I guess I'd have to go with Notorious or maybe Rear Window.
I love the umberella scene in Foreign Correspondant.

I don't know I just saw The Hateful 8 and it got made so I don't think Blazing Saddles would have any problem.
What a run Mel Brooks had. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety all classics. Yea I know I left out Silent Movie but thats not one I liked.

I think the issue is using the N word as a punch line, as opposed to QT using it as colorfully historic language

one of Brooks' hidden classics is 12 Chairs . . .

Mel Brooks' original, The Producers was great. Especially for the time it came out. Zero Mostel was incredibly gifted, even though I heard he was hard to work with. A few years later I saw Peter Sellers doing the German scene where he compares Hitler to Churchill. I think he thought the bit was genius. I believe Estelle Winwood thought her scene was disgusting, but she gave a great performance (I guess she needed the money - lol). At the time, I thought it was the funniest thing I ever saw. The remake sort of killed a lot of it for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT