ADVERTISEMENT

OT - But well worth the open

Jaded Steeler fan here (not a fan of the QB or coach), waiting and hoping for a housecleaning.....Question for Eagles fans. Anybody considering the possibility that they're just a better team with Foles at QB?

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Jaded Steeler fan here (not a fan of the QB or coach), waiting and hoping for a housecleaning.....Question for Eagles fans. Anybody considering the possibility that they're just a better team with Foles at QB?
I thought it was laughable as I've seen him look like sh*t, but I am open to the possibility. You can't deny that he's unbelievably clutch when it counts.

Speaking of clutch:

Just because that video makes me feel about as good as the one in the OP.

While I think Wentz is better, if I could get 2 first round picks for him and keep Foles.... I’d have to seriously think about that

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
As a life long Vikings fan, this thread makes me sad and disappointed. :(

In other words: status quo for this time of year.

Reactions: dwkeller
I know this is an imperfect comparison, but this is like saying the Yankees were a better team with Mariano Rivera on the hill.

Point being that as great as Rivera was, he never had to start for a full season.

Neither has Foles -- max 11 games started, and a lot of injuries.

They're definitely playing better for him this year. (To be completely fair: they were 11-2 for Wentz last year.) I wouldn't bet on him being more than the best relief pitcher in the game. But if you have to go to the bullpen, you feel real good about your chances.

Any Steelers fan who doesn’t think Big Ben is worth his weight in gold, needs to catch the same bus out of town that’s carrying Mike Tomlin.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: backdrft76
My problem with Tomlin is I believe he is a good coach, but not a great coach.
Ben screws the pooch way too often.

The biggest problem the Steelers have is there is nobody in the organization capable of recognizing and then drafting great defensive talent. Shazier is the only All Pro defensive player drafted by the Steelers since Tomlin's first draft when they took Woodley and Timmons.

The entire defense is made up of a bunch of players who range from way below average to average.

Reactions: diggerpup

The biggest problem the Steelers have is there is nobody in the organization capable of recognizing and then drafting great defensive talent. Shazier is the only All Pro defensive player drafted by the Steelers since Tomlin's first draft when they took Woodley and Timmons.

The entire defense is made up of a bunch of players who range from way below average to average.
Point taken, but I wouldn’t call Watt or Heyward average.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

Main point is that they have had too many #1 defensive draft choices ended up being a bust. Ben is good but not great. He does a lot well - like stay on his feet. Over the years he has missed a lot of passes and doesn't put teams away as a result. I still go back to his rookie season and look at a series of plays that still hold true to this day - playoff game with Pats - Brady looks off a DB for a key first down and before that the NE safety fakes Ben out for an interception. Ben threw way too many interceptions this year and was stubborn on his first reads. Then, when he went to his second read it appeared he didn't look before he threw...
I like Tomlin's talk but it has worn thin. He team is not very disciplined regardless of his preaching it. Oh well, another golden opportunity gone. Let's Scuffle!!

Main point is that they have had too many #1 defensive draft choices ended up being a bust. Ben is good but not great. He does a lot well - like stay on his feet. Over the years he has missed a lot of passes and doesn't put teams away as a result. I still go back to his rookie season and look at a series of plays that still hold true to this day - playoff game with Pats - Brady looks off a DB for a key first down and before that the NE safety fakes Ben out for an interception. Ben threw way too many interceptions this year and was stubborn on his first reads. Then, when he went to his second read it appeared he didn't look before he threw...
I like Tomlin's talk but it has worn thin. He team is not very disciplined regardless of his preaching it. Oh well, another golden opportunity gone. Let's Scuffle!!
I would go so far as to say Ben is a great quarterback but he has been misused in the Tomlin regime. Ben is at his best when he's not throwing the ball 40 to 50 times a game. He is NOT Tom Brady. If he throws it 50 times a game you can expect a pick or two or three.
Agree totally on missing on too many defensive draft picks. I also think they've wasted too many high (3rd roundish) picks on that endless supply of 3rd receiver toys for Ben.
I've seen/heard some of the Pittsburgh radio blowhards contend that they use their short passing game as their running game and it is the same. It's not the same. Those receivers aren't going to wear on a defense the same as a power running game would and it's more prone to turnovers.
Tomlin's time should be up.

If you look at Tomlin only by the numbers he seems pretty successful but that doesn't tell the whole story.

His teams always seem to play down to and sometimes lose to much lesser teams, lack discipline, always seem less prepared the beginning of the season compared to others and always seem to under perform in the post season.

I can't tell you what coach that is available might be better but I do see some issues that need to be addressed.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT