ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bourbon recommendations...

From the Wilmington De Total Wine, a bottle you can actually buy ...
Knob Creek 15 year

Never mind...I thought the title was Barbour recommendations. Was going to recommend that Sandy resign.

Last edited:
or Total Wine Cherry Hill
Blanton's
I would call before driving to make sure they actually have it, as Blanton's doesn't sit long in most retailers

I’ll be at @tgar s tailgate with @PSUHarry33 eating peach pie and weed.
Me and @garw have been drinking Manhattans made with Double Oaked Sagemore Rye which is delicious. Whispering Angel is fine but I prefer Yellow Spot Whiskey from Ireland which gets finished in American Bourbon casks then Sherry Butts and Malaga Sherry casks as well. Sweet, smooth, delicious.

All the Buffalo Trace is completely gone in PA, at least in my area.

Most of the high end stuff in the BT lineup only exists in theory it seems. Love the Weller 107 personally (used to find it in Texas during my travels) but never in the northeast.
Yeah it is all very hard to find. Found it somewhat helpful to try to become buddy buddy with a worker at the FWGS stores and ask them to call you when they get anything rare or hard to find. Sometimes it works, most of the time you don't hear anything and have to get lucky.

Reactions: diontechristmas
Me and @garw have been drinking Manhattans made with Double Oaked Sagemore Rye which is delicious. Whispering Angel is fine but I prefer Yellow Spot Whiskey from Ireland which gets finished in American Bourbon casks then Sherry Butts and Malaga Sherry casks as well. Sweet, smooth, delicious.

I really want to like Rye so I can hang with the kids that are too cool for school but I haven't been able to get there. Tastes mediciney to me.

I really want to like Rye so I can hang with the kids that are too cool for school but I haven't been able to get there. Tastes mediciney to me.
So does pharmaceutical grade cocaine but that never stopped anyone😬

Reactions: odshowtime
St. Augustine Bourbon. Small batch, small distillery bourbon about $50 a bottle. The only bourbon my wife will drink and it is her go to alcoholic drink. Prior to trying this bourbon she hated all bourbons and whiske. However, I do not know if you can get this out of the state of FL.

All the Buffalo Trace is completely gone in PA, at least in my area.

Most of the high end stuff in the BT lineup only exists in theory it seems. Love the Weller 107 personally (used to find it in Texas during my travels) but never in the northeast.

I wish I knew the reason stores in Bucks County always have it. The store in Feasterville currently has 152 bottles of 750ml and six 1.75L bottles.

Reactions: diontechristmas
Dylan’s bourbon, Heaven’s Door, is a nice sipper.

heaven_s-door-straight-tennessee-bourbon-1.jpg

and Jefferson’s Ocean too

Bottle-Shot-Jeffersons_large.jpg

From the Wilmington De Total Wine, a bottle you can actually buy ...
Knob Creek 15 year
J Henry and Sons single barrel 7 year (or the 5 year) or even the regular 5 year depending on much you like the recipient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT