ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Blehar's back with a vengeance . . . The "Luck" of The Second Mile

Ray again does some really good work here. One point he brings up that I had not considered before is:

(from Part 3)

"Friend Fitness is among the programs that was transferred to Arrow Ministries.

Jerry Sandusky utilized that program to legitimize his workouts (a.k.a., grooming activities) with victims. Apparently, it is just another lucky coincidence that no one breathed a word about the Friend Fitness program at his trial.

On the first day of his trial, the charity's program director, Mark McCann testified (for the prosecution) that Sandusky was operating outside the charity's guidelines by establishing specialized programs for the purpose of contacting young men he was mentoring. McCann didn't bring up the Friend Fitness program in his testimony. Had he done so, that would have undermined the government's preferred narrative that Sandusky was a "rogue" member of the charity who operated outside the charity's (non-existent) guidelines.

When it came time for cross-examination, attorney Joseph Amendola not only didn't bring up the fact that Sandusky was using a sanctioned program, Friend Fitness, when contacting children -- he didn't cross-examine McCann at all.
Amendola is not an incompetent attorney. He successfully defended former PSU running back Austin Scott against rape allegations resulting in prosecutors dropping the charges. Al Lindsay, Sandusky's appeal attorney -- who contends that Amendola was incompetent -- didn't bring up the Amendola's Friend Fitness blunder either.

The most logical reason for the willful blindness of all involved, and especially the prosecutors, is that they knew that the Friend Fitness progarm had the potential to open a can of worms for not only for TSM Directors but for a lot of other people."

So the question i have [and I want to believe what Ray has to say] is Sandusky is gone for life and i think is just about out of appeals, so why hasn't he opened up about "the others" involved in this scandal? Why does he stay silent?

So the question i have [and I want to believe what Ray has to say] is Sandusky is gone for life and i think is just about out of appeals, so why hasn't he opened up about "the others" involved in this scandal? Why does he stay silent?
I do not believe he is out of appeals.

A good question.

Couple of possibilities occur to me:

1) Sandusky knows all these people and knows they were involved with TSM, but has no idea about their relative financial/political involvements, hence doesn't appreciate what happened during the trial(s). (if Ray is correct)

2) Sandusky truly believes that he (and others) didn't do anything wrong and hence there isn't anything (in his mind) to "open up about."

I realize this is a rather extreme theory but I think JS is insane. He lives in a different reality.

A good question.

Couple of possibilities occur to me:

1) Sandusky knows all these people and knows they were involved with TSM, but has no idea about their relative financial/political involvements, hence doesn't appreciate what happened during the trial(s). (if Ray is correct)

2) Sandusky truly believes that he (and others) didn't do anything wrong and hence there isn't anything (in his mind) to "open up about."
Probably right on both counts.

If Sandusky threw TSM, his organization under the bus, it wouldn't make him less guilty.
Of course not, but why not take down some of the big shots who are walking the streets and left him high and dry after covering for him for so many years.

Either there's no there there (real or imagined), or there are threats to family and others that are preventing him from doing so.
I can't get completely over the theories that include the name 'Genovese', and all that potentially implies. I expect that I'm wrong, but still....

Reactions: step.eng69
Ray again does some really good work here. One point he brings up that I had not considered before is:

(from Part 3)

"Friend Fitness is among the programs that was transferred to Arrow Ministries.

Jerry Sandusky utilized that program to legitimize his workouts (a.k.a., grooming activities) with victims. Apparently, it is just another lucky coincidence that no one breathed a word about the Friend Fitness program at his trial.

On the first day of his trial, the charity's program director, Mark McCann testified (for the prosecution) that Sandusky was operating outside the charity's guidelines by establishing specialized programs for the purpose of contacting young men he was mentoring. McCann didn't bring up the Friend Fitness program in his testimony. Had he done so, that would have undermined the government's preferred narrative that Sandusky was a "rogue" member of the charity who operated outside the charity's (non-existent) guidelines.

When it came time for cross-examination, attorney Joseph Amendola not only didn't bring up the fact that Sandusky was using a sanctioned program, Friend Fitness, when contacting children -- he didn't cross-examine McCann at all.
Amendola is not an incompetent attorney. He successfully defended former PSU running back Austin Scott against rape allegations resulting in prosecutors dropping the charges. Al Lindsay, Sandusky's appeal attorney -- who contends that Amendola was incompetent -- didn't bring up the Amendola's Friend Fitness blunder either.

The most logical reason for the willful blindness of all involved, and especially the prosecutors, is that they knew that the Friend Fitness progarm had the potential to open a can of worms for not only for TSM Directors but for a lot of other people."
The problem with raising this at trial is, how does it serve as a defense for Sandusky? Testimony has to relate to the charges, otherwise it's not admissible. While I agree this issue should have been explored. It should be done in the context of an investigation into TSM.

@Chris92 - do you know if any of the filings of the PCRA appeal for Superior Court are available online? Is there a link similar to the one on the Centre County web pages?
I don't know of a site that the filings would be available on. But, If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Reactions: francofan
????
Sandusky’s position is that he is 100% innocent of any crimes.
Whatever one wants to feel about the veracity of that claim, that most certainly is his position.

So, why - in any corner of God’s Green Earth -would he have ANY reason to consider “implicating” anyone else of anything?
I get that but at some point if I am JS and I am not getting out I say what about these other guys.
Or he could still maintain innocence and says” listen this guy and this guy and this guy knew full well what I was doing and they were okay with it. If I was so obviously guilty why did JR simply say wear swim trunks why did xxx take on a private jet with kids. We were out in the open and no one seemed object. Why the silence now?

I get that but at some point if I am JS and I am not getting out I say what about these other guys.
Or he could still maintain innocence and says” listen this guy and this guy and this guy knew full well what I was doing and they were okay with it. If I was so obviously guilty why did JR simply say wear swim trunks why did xxx take on a private jet with kids. We were out in the open and no one seemed object. Why the silence now?

I believe that JS believes he will eventually get out. He has a very strong PRCA appeal currently in Superior Court. If Superior Court denies his appeal, he can appeal that decision to the Pa. Supreme Court. Given that judges are elected in Pa., it would not be surprising if that the Pa. judges makes their decisions more on public opinion as opposed to the merits of the case and the law. If and when Sandusky exhausts his state appeal, he will file a habeus corpus appeal at the federal level.

I have said this for many years, There are people being protected and we don't know the half of it.

I believe the key people being protected are the ones who are made the fiasco happen in the first place by the firings of Joe Paterno and Graham Spanier, namely Governor Tom Corbett, John Surma and the old guard Penn State BOT.

Reactions: BBrown and Bob78
All of this may well be true, but realistically, what could be so big and so bad that the entire PA criminal justice system is not only involved in some kind of massive deception, but also there's not a single person who says anything about it?

I'm just not getting it. Am I to believe that every single state senator or all of our ex-governors are pedophiles? That the entirety of the BOT was involved enough in some of these shenanigans that not a single one of them took one step out of line? Or is it that some huge financial mob deal is somehow implicated here? Some DA gets knocked off a decade before the lid blows off. I mean, it's so improbable.

I just don't see how anything so bad could have been going on that the entire state machinery is involved, and not a word leaks out anywhere. As a rule, no state agencies are this proficient.

All of this may well be true, but realistically, what could be so big and so bad that the entire PA criminal justice system is not only involved in some kind of massive deception, but also there's not a single person who says anything about it?

I'm just not getting it. Am I to believe that every single state senator or all of our ex-governors are pedophiles? That the entirety of the BOT was involved enough in some of these shenanigans that not a single one of them took one step out of line? Or is it that some huge financial mob deal is somehow implicated here? Some DA gets knocked off a decade before the lid blows off. I mean, it's so improbable.

I just don't see how anything so bad could have been going on that the entire state machinery is involved, and not a word leaks out anywhere. As a rule, no state agencies are this proficient.

No kidding.

Zig & I agree on this at least.

Less than zero percent chance someone like Frazier risks all he has to protect TSM, which could only be laundering $10's of millions (at best). The guy had a salary of 10s of millions regardless! There is zero chance he risks all for some dumb & small time (to him) scheme.

Reactions: BBrown
The problem with raising this at trial is, how does it serve as a defense for Sandusky? Testimony has to relate to the charges, otherwise it's not admissible. While I agree this issue should have been explored. It should be done in the context of an investigation into TSM.
I'm not an attorney (perhaps you are and can correct me), but this clarification (that JS's role with these children was part of a sanctioned program of TSM) is not, in of itself, exonerating. But it paints a very different picture of the one on one time spent in the gym for workouts (i.e. this wasn't a rogue activity; this was something encouraged by the charity, and in fact done by other mentors). The fact that it wasn't brought up at trial at all is very, very odd.

Ray is a complete kook whose theories are often Alex Jones like. I think a lot of Penn Stater's are drawn to him because they like the idea of Joe doing nothing wrong, but do not want the stigma of believing that Jerry is innocent. But Blehar's theories often make no sense at all.

First, the airplane story. It was reported by radaronline.com, which is a fake news/gossip publication. Ray absurdly claims that Sara Ganim and no other mainstream media even mentioning it is because they were hell bent on protecting these 2nd mile board members. On the other hand, maybe not even Ganim would publish a story so absurd. Anyway, I thought these 2nd mile board members were huge Corbett supporters, and therefore Republicans. I highly doubt that these newspapers, that are mostly run by liberals, had any motivation to protect powerful Republicans.

Ray also implies in his latest piece that Victims 9 and 10 are
legitimate. In the past he acknowledge they are both full of shit, but has apparently pussed out in recent years.

Ray also believes that Allan Myers is not the "real Victim 2". This is completely absurd. The OAG had SIX years to find the "real V2" for the Spanier trial. Having that young man testify to abuse would have been the only way to get the felony charges against Curley, Schultz, and Spanier to stick. But they never produced the boy despite the fact that there were only two or three boys who had one-on-one contact with Sandusky during the relevant time period. They know damn well the boy was Allan Myers and know damn well he was not abused.

Ray has also theorized that regarding the summer 2011 golf foursome of Jerry Sandusky, Bruce Heim, Ryan McCombie, and Allan Myers, that Heim planted the idea in Myers head that he had quit the Second Mile in 6th grade, so that Myers would not be a "Second Mile kid" at the time of the McQueary episode and therefore the Second Mile could avoid liability. This theory, crazy to begin with, gets even more absurd when you consider that Ray doesn't even believe Myers is the "real Victim 2",

Finally, regarding the fact that Jerry and Dottie took their (at the time) foster son Matt to multiple psychiatrists after his suicide attempt as a teenager. That fact makes no sense whatsoever if Jerry really was abusing Matt. Instead Ray has theorized that since one of the psychiatrists was Jack Raykowitz, that proves Jerry had Jack on-call to convince his victims they were not really abused.

Last edited:
Somehow despite being incompetent, Ray became the FBI’s leading profiler of serial sex abusers.

FIRE. RAY. :eek:

Ray is a complete kook whose theories are often Alex Jones like. I think a lot of Penn Stater's are drawn to him because they like the idea of Joe doing nothing wrong, but do not want the stigma of believing Jerry innocent. But his theories often make no sense.

First, the airplane story. It was reported by radaronline.com, which is a fake news/gossip publication. Ray absurdly claims that Sara Ganim and no other mainstream media even mentioning it is because they were hell bent on protecting these 2nd mile board members. On the other hand, maybe even Ganim has standards. Anyway, I thought these 2nd mile board members were suppoosed to be huge Corbett supporters, and therefore Republicans. I highly doubt that these newspapers, who are almost always run by liberals, had any motivation to protect powerful Republicans.

Ray also implies in his latest piece that Victims 9 and 10 are
legitimate. In the past he acknowledge they are both full of shit, but has apparently pussed out in recent years.

Ray also believes that Allan Myers is not the "real Victim 2". This is completely absurd. The OAG had SIX years to find the "real V2" for the Spanier trial. Having that young man testify to abuse would have been the only way to get the felony charges against Curley, Schultz, and Spanier to stick. But they never produce the boy despite the fact that there were only two or three boys who had one-on-one contact with Sandusky during the relavant time period. They know damn well the boy was Allan Myers and know damn well he was not abused.

Ray has also theorized that regarding the summer 2011 golf foursome of Jerry Sandusky, Bruce Heim, Ryan McCombie, and Allan Myers, that Heim planted the idea in Myers head that he had quit the Second Mile in 6th grade, so that Myers would not be a "Second Mile kid" at the time of the McQueary episode and therefore the Second Mile could avoid liability. When you consider that Ray doesn't even beleive Myers is the "real Victim 2", this theory gets even more absurd.

Finally, regarding the fact that Jerry and Dottie took their (at the time) foster son Matt to multiple psychiatrists after his suicide attempt as a teenager. That fact makes no sense whatsoever if Jerry really was abusing Matt. Instead Ray has theorized that since one of the psychiatrists was Jack Raykowitz, that proves Jerry had Jack on-call to convince his victims they were not really abused.
Ganim has standards? Now that’s funny. She consistently reported one side of the story even when she had evidence to the contrary. The OAG couldn’t find any other victims and it took the mother of one victim to find what 5 or six? Seriously?

Ganim has standards? Now that’s funny. She consistently reported one side of the story even when she had evidence to the contrary. The OAG couldn’t find any other victims and it took the mother of one victim to find what 5 or six? Seriously?

You took my comment out of context. I believe Ganim is a joke. What I was saying is the "Sandusky molesting kids on an airplane" story is so absurd, not even Sara Ganim would report on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT