ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baby daughter w/HIE brain injury. Please help!

I don’t have words to express the sorrow I feel for you and your wife. You are in my family’s prayers. My stepdaughter Sophie was born under similar conditions in 2001. Sophie was born with severe CP from lack or O2. When my wife Donna didn’t feel Sophie moving she immediately went to the Obstetrician. They ran some test and sent her home. About 4/5 hours later my wife went to the ER. They ran some tests and immediately rushed her into surgery for an emergency c-section. Unfortunately for Sophie precious time was lost. The obstetrician nurse misread one of the graphs. Turns out Sophie was in fetal distress. The case against them was indisputable. Neither the doctor nor their insurance company put up a fight.

I’m not sure how much I can help. But I will gladly ask my wife questions on your behalf. If your wife is up to it I can put her in contact with my wife. You all have suffered some serious mental trauma. Talking to someone who’s been thru this may do some good. My wife will be able to offer advice with helping find government assistance. Here’s my email address tlbaker@charlottenc.gov.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT