ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any sardine fans out there?

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
Can't get my brand anymore. Some suggest King Oscars. Mine came from a place in Russia and the store closed. Tried Net-Cost but they didn't have it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nittany Ned2
At Costco, Season Brand sardines. Skinless, boneless and packed in olive oil. Certified Kosher, product of Morocco and distributed by Manischewitz Co. Species: Sardina Pilchardus. 1700mg omega 3 per serving. Never knew so much information was available on such a little container

Last edited:
My greyhound loves them. Gotta hold my nose when opening the can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Smoke
Try Veleta and you'll be supporting a Nola, a good person, even if she does live in Ohio.

Reactions: Mr. Potter
Can't get my brand anymore. Some suggest King Oscars. Mine came from a place in Russia and the store closed. Tried Net-Cost but they didn't have it

You seem like a sophisticated gentleman of means.

MV5BMTk0OTM3NTY3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzY1MzM0MjE@._V1_.jpg

I don't often eat sardines but when I do, mustard or hot sauce on crackers. Great value from Walmart work just fine.

On rye bread with mustard and a slice of onion.
Delicious.

Also, use the Alton Brown recipe that mashes avocado on toast, topped with sardines and some shavings of onion.

You can get really good Portuguese sardines on Amazon, like NURI or Porthos. But you can't do wrong with Costco.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
My wife picked up some Chicken of the Sea sardines packed in water. She doesn’t eat them, so I guess to her they sounded pretty mild. I’ll report back after I try them.

Reactions: Mr. Potter
My wife picked up some Chicken of the Sea sardines packed in water. She doesn’t eat them, so I guess to her they sounded pretty mild. I’ll report back after I try them.
Packed in oil is my preference, especially the Mediterranean version with some olives.

Reactions: Nitwit
Used to love sardines as a kid. But now they kinda turn my stomach. Same thing with Moon Pies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT