ADVERTISEMENT

OT: An Exhaustive Breakdown of "Road House"

Oh, no! Do you mean country doctors don't look like this?

Road-House-1989-movie-Patrick-Swayze-4.jpg

I was literally in tears reading this breakdown. Man, I love that movie. Definitely near the top of the "if you come across it changing channels you just can't turn it off" list. It's just so damned preposterous!

https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/22/16040720/road-house-patrick-swayze-good-bad-movies-5670135550c
This is awesome. My favorite clip from the article...The cops accept the “I didn’t see nothing” story and treat the scene of bloody corpses scattered about as a big misunderstanding.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I was just grinning through the article, but finally lost it at, "Shooter McGavin School of Dishing Out Insults That Sounded So Much Cooler in Your Head."

Reactions: mn78psu83
Greatest Lines in Movie History:

"Here's looking at you, kid." Casablanca
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Gone With The Wind
"There's no place like home." Wizard of Oz

Drum roll, please . . .

"Pain don't hurt." Road House

You don't care we choot the nice soft woman?
Mexican bandit in hombre with Paul Newman.
I know lets have a spelling bee.
Doc holiday to Ike Clanton tombstone

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
This is awesome. My favorite clip from the article...The cops accept the “I didn’t see nothing” story and treat the scene of bloody corpses scattered about as a big misunderstanding.

"A big bear fell on me."

Reactions: brupsu
I saw this movie for first time when I was 13 years old. I never seen anything quite like it before. The fights, the amazing quotes , nudity and of course how bad ass Patrick Swayze was. Thought it was greatest movie ever made. 25 years later I still think greatest movie ever made, but of course like article says in a good bad way.

There is a good Christmas movie with him in it. Prancer. I thought it was a good movie. Use to watch it with the kids every year.

He’s good in everything! But, he’s always Sam Elliott in everything too (like Jack Nicholson).

Wedding Crashers is a great movie.

So is Swingers, Old School, The Break-Up, and Clay Pigeons. His schtick is perfect for certain roles. Like Elliott. Elliott did shave for Justified, and that was super weird.

But that’s just it he is the same in every role-goofy middle aged suburban guy.

His acting depth wouldnt fill a saucer.

I don't disagree, but he did try to do different things early in his career. He has his thing and it's worked for him, like a lot of actors. But, he's never going to win an Oscar or anything. Jack did, but it's because everyone in Hollywood loves him for being him.

So is Swingers, Old School, The Break-Up, and Clay Pigeons. His schtick is perfect for certain roles. Like Elliott. Elliott did shave for Justified, and that was super weird.

I've read a couple of articles about Sam Elliot's performance in "A Star is Born" and and people are talking about possible Oscar nomination for him. That was a surprise. Almost makes me want to see a movie in which I have no interest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT