ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 85,000 COVID cases and Barkley is Partying maskless in NYC

JoeBot409

Nov 5, 2017
I expected better from him. This is unacceptable and the league should take action. I thought he was a sure thing, great guy and great player, but I’m not so sure anymore.

Reactions: Sproul
He was at a private party. How is that any different than me attending a gathering at friend's house (which I have)?

He's not on the active roster. I'd do the same thing if I were him (enjoy being young and rich, living in NYC)

I expected better from him. This is unacceptable and the league should take action. I thought he was a sure thing, great guy and great player, but I’m not so sure anymore.

Miss the days when Snowflake would only whine about the Saints uniform colors and the SECs patches.

He's gone from a net worth of nothing to a net worth of 50 plus million in 18 months. He's 22? a stud and set for life. So he slips. Big deal. In his mind he's invincible. mask - smask - party on... did I mention he's 22?
remember those days? Fun, fun, fun!

Check your facts dipshit...

"Jones and a few of his teammates and friends had dinner in a private room at a restaurant in the city. After dinner, the group was invited to have a drink in a bar that is closed to the public"

Check your facts dipshit...

"Jones and a few of his teammates and friends had dinner in a private room at a restaurant in the city. After dinner, the group was invited to have a drink in a bar that is closed to the public"
So out in NYC at a bar no mask. Check. Thanks Eric “Short Bus” Stratton.

• Haha
Reactions: N&B4PSU
Pump the hate breaks there Nancy. Oh my god someone doesn’t have a mask on he’s going to kill us all. Good thing we have people like you to keep things in perspective so why don’t you get back to worshipping all things Paterno Which is normally fine but not in the weird way you are doing it.

And so is everyone elss his age. Very little chance of his getting serious ill from covid.

Reactions: KanePoster
I bet no Joe Paterno coached player would ever do this...

And so is everyone elss his age. Very little chance of his getting serious ill from covid.
It is not about him, it is about others. The front line workers who are exposed every day, the first responders, the healthcare workers, heroes, etc.

"COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%"
220,000 deaths is also true but that's the number that have died "with covid" or were presumed to have covid, not necessarily "because of covid". Many would have died from pneumonia or other preexisting conditions.

Round numbers:
70k deaths > 85 years
60k deaths > 75 years < 85 years
50k deaths > 65 years < 75 years

I'm going to take some guesses that 90% of those over 85 would have dies within 6 months anyway and that 50% of those over 75 would have died shortly anyway. That would mean that half of the 220,000 deaths would have occurred within 6 months anyway. The bigger concern is people in the 55-70 range.

This is a serious disease but I don't think we should shut down the economy. Social distancing, washing hands, and wearing masks in crowded spaces makes sense. Older people should be especially cautious. Hopefully we can achieve a level of herd immunity and come up with a vaccine quickly.

Last edited:
It is not about him, it is about others. The front line workers who are exposed every day, the first responders, the healthcare workers, heroes, etc.

Again, STOP WATCHING THE NEWS!

Go to the library and read science books. Analyze the data yourself.

You're getting your information from sources that have impure motive, and you're using that information to formulate your (inaccurate) opinions. And finally, your opinions are making you look like an idiot.

Let me put it in a way I think you'll be able to understand... Remember when the media was reporting on the Sandusky situation? And the media was spinning - and in some cases flat out lying - about Joe Paterno's role/responsibility in the whole mess, because they realized that made people more emotional and drove more clicks?

Well, Covid data/science is getting the Joe Paterno treatment from the media.

You are the Covid equivalent of those who read about the Sandusky situation, then went around preaching what an awful person Joe Paterno is because he turned a blind eye to child rape in order to win more football games.

That is you now.

Baaaa! Baaa! Baaaa!

There are so many sheep in this world.

Nothing, nothing is without risk. There is always some risk and some benefit for taking the risk.

Even those recommending masks and isolation take THEIR masks off as soon as possible, and violate isolation when they think they're not on video. See Fauci, Dr, and Ferguson, Neil and hot chick.

Who knew that making apocalyptic predictions could get you hitting way, way above your weight class:

facebook-j-idea-ferguson-1120.jpg
It is not about the risk, it is about the rules. Law and Order. Follow the rules, he is not exempt because he got 16 yards on 18 carries against the Steelers.

He was at a private party. How is that any different than me attending a gathering at friend's house (which I have)?

He's not on the active roster. I'd do the same thing if I were him (enjoy being young and rich, living in NYC)

so once you get hurt and are out of the season, you never have to interact with the team or show up? Just get to collect a paycheck and rehab?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT