ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 5 drugs in Tiger Woods' system at time of arrest

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Tiger Woods had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in his system when he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in May, according to a toxicology report released Monday.

On Wednesday, Woods pleaded guilty to reckless driving and agreed to enter a diversion program that will allow him to have his record wiped clean if he completes the program. Now that there is no longer an active criminal investigation, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office made the toxicology results available, and a copy was obtained by ESPN.

According to the report, the drugs in Woods' system were:
  • Hydrocodone, the generic form of a painkiller branded as Vicodin.

• Hydromorphone, a strong painkiller commonly known as Dilaudid.

• Alprazolam, a mood and sleep drug commonly known as Xanax. (The report also listed Alpha-Hydroxy Alprazolam, which is what Xanax becomes when it breaks down in the system.)

• Zolpidem, a sleep drug commonly known as Ambien.

• Delta-9 carboxy THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...n-dilaudid-xanax-ambien-thc-system-dui-arrest

Still remember the 1997 Masters, now 20 years ago. WTF happened to this guy? He may not even be alive in 20 more years

Reactions: m.knox
Tiger Woods had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in his system when he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in May, according to a toxicology report released Monday.

On Wednesday, Woods pleaded guilty to reckless driving and agreed to enter a diversion program that will allow him to have his record wiped clean if he completes the program. Now that there is no longer an active criminal investigation, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office made the toxicology results available, and a copy was obtained by ESPN.

• Alprazolam, a mood and sleep drug commonly known as Xanax. (The report also listed Alpha-Hydroxy Alprazolam, which is what Xanax becomes when it breaks down in the system.)

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...n-dilaudid-xanax-ambien-thc-system-dui-arrest

All of this was obvious from the time of his first "accident" when covered his rehab stint with sex addiction.

People don't just crash their car and pass out. One of his mistresses mentioned Ambien as well.

Perhaps now more people will understand he was roiding and on several other meds while playing golf which gave him an advantage.

LdN

What's interesting is that sleep walking, sleep eating, and even sleep driving are common side effects of Ambien. You have to wonder if that's why he was out driving around in the middle of the night?

What's interesting is that sleep walking, sleep eating, and even sleep driving are common side effects of Ambien. You have to wonder if that's why he was out driving around in the middle of the night?

Not that I have kept up with this story but I thought he had just flown back from California to Florida and was driving home at 230 am.

Still remember the 1997 Masters, now 20 years ago. WTF happened to this guy? He may not even be alive in 20 more years
Well a few things happened to this guy. Back surgery for starters x3-4 for a pro golfer is a death sentence for a career. Sounds to me like he is an opiate victim. Some ppl
Get hooked on that shit after a surgical procedure or 2. Can't shake it, seems to me he was predisposed as we already know he was addicted to the horizontal mambo.

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Not being a golfer or one who follows the PGA with any interest I haven't paid as much attention as some here to Tiger's dilemmas in recent years. However, as a man with a long history of chronic back pain (due to a helo crash as a young man while serving my country) I can sympathize with Tiger's seemingly desperate use of pain medication. Back pain is an endless and frustratingly exhausting condition. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. So try to keep that in mind before condemning him. (As for his philandering with a steady stream of women during his marriage, no comment)

Is that a good thing then, that he had a 5 drug cocktail going on? I wasn't one of those who opined as to his sobriety but under the influence is under the influence.
Of course it isn't, but then again the few that were almost giddy about it wanted to see him crash and burn so they assumed it was the bottle. Then again as a PSU fan I know about the media and haters loving to tear down any type of celebrity.....but only the ones we like matter I guess.

Of course it isn't, but then again the few that were almost giddy about it wanted to see him crash and burn so they assumed it was the bottle. Then again as a PSU fan I know about the media and haters loving to tear down any type of celebrity.....but only the ones we like matter I guess.

Yeah, that last statement is appropriate for all manners of celebrity tear downs....

All of this was obvious from the time of his first "accident" when covered his rehab stint with sex addiction.

People don't just crash their car and pass out. One of his mistresses mentioned Ambien as well.

Perhaps now more people will understand he was roiding and on several other meds while playing golf which gave him an advantage.

LdN

Gave him an advantage ????? I assume you are joking ??? He has been taking these drugs because of pain. If you have not had such pain you have no idea what it can be like.
The back problems ended his career, not sex or the fact he is a minority. He was the greatest golfer EVER. If you know the game then you would know such. His leaving the game has now regulated the sport to "no one cares".

Reactions: NJPSU

Geez. I didn't know Dilaudid was still being prescribed, its stronger than Oxy. They gave it to my dad with stage 4 brain cancer.
He's probably luck he was just past out and not OD'd.

Dilaudid's an IV drug, not a pill.

It's certainly a weird cocktail for Tiger, but it does fit the profile of a chronic pain guy. The Ambien is probably not, but we already know that Tiger (and others) have used that to enhance sexual experiences. Start mixing all of that stuff together and bad shit happens, as he has found out.

It's certainly a weird cocktail for Tiger, but it does fit the profile of a chronic pain guy. The Ambien is probably not, but we already know that Tiger (and others) have used that to enhance sexual experiences. Start mixing all of that stuff together and bad shit happens, as he has found out.

Yea they gave it to dad in an IV but that was over 15 years ago so I was surprised when I saw it was listed in his system. I wasn't sure if it was available in pill form.
Maybe its me being over dramatic but honestly I'm surprised he's alive.

Unfortunately....5 less than the national average.

Dilaudid most certainly comes in pill form. 20 years post back surgery, I took 12mg extended release Dilaudid for the better part of a year until I decided that pain was better than being a walking corpse. Back pain can be unbearable and I was taking a hospice care dose to get on my feet every day. The next time I take Dilaudid will be when I am in hospice care and not before. It took a complete lifestyle change to alleviate the pain enough that Vicodin as needed a couple of times a week is enough. And, I live again -- just with a lot less physical activity.

Does the presence of the Delta -9 THC mean that he had been smoking MJ or are there other ways (I.e. Ingestible pill form) to introduce it into your body?

Does the presence of the Delta -9 THC mean that he had been smoking MJ or are there other ways (I.e. Ingestible pill form) to introduce it into your body?

Probably impossible to tell without asking Woods.
Yes there are ingestible pills or mints in sublingual forms.
My best friend has been fighting cancer for 3+ years now and one of the side effects of the Opdivo treatment is back pain.
He is using a form of Muscle rub with CBN and CBD. not sure how that would show up in the blood stream but it could offer a reason as to why its there.

Wow. Dilaudid is very serious business on its own.

QUOTE="Lion8286, post: 2920160, member: 11018"]Tiger Woods had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in his system when he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in May, according to a toxicology report released Monday.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...n-dilaudid-xanax-ambien-thc-system-dui-arrest[/QUOTE]

Dilaudid most certainly comes in pill form. 20 years post back surgery, I took 12mg extended release Dilaudid for the better part of a year until I decided that pain was better than being a walking corpse. Back pain can be unbearable and I was taking a hospice care dose to get on my feet every day. The next time I take Dilaudid will be when I am in hospice care and not before. It took a complete lifestyle change to alleviate the pain enough that Vicodin as needed a couple of times a week is enough. And, I live again -- just with a lot less physical activity.

Dilaudid oral bioavailability is extremely poor. It's available, but I've literally never seen it. There are far better choices.

You know it's funny. They used to say legalize drugs......they don't say that so much anymore because for all intents and purposes, drugs are legal and provided by your local pharmacy.

The opioid story is only in it's beginning stages. There was an entire industry and structure of pushers and providers from drug companies and pharmacies right down to local Dr.'s who were complicit in this and it will all come out eventually........and I don't want to hear some MD come on here and defend the industry. I mean, OxyContin........really?? Take the most addictive drug known to man and make it available at your local pharmacy with a script? And that's just the tip of the iceberg, pretty much anything you could get on the streets 10 years ago can be had in higher pharmaceutical grades under various brand names drugs.

When did it all change? When the Doctors decided to start working for the pharmaceutical companies instead of the other way around.

No I don't blame the patients, the practices employed here were predatory and the people who knew about it, knew what they were doing. The Medical Community has tried to get ahead of it with a feeble attempt to self regulate, stop writing scripts, require patients to pick up controlled substances in person. Who knows, maybe they are trying to enact legislation to protect themselves from the thousands of law suits that are undoubtedly coming their way (think the tobacco industry debacle but 10Xs worse). They certainly have the lobbyists in place to give it a shot.

I would not want to be in that industry right now......it's damage control time and it's going to get ugly.

Last edited:

LdN
Jump to conclusions much? The great irony here is I'd bet you disagree with many of the unfounded conclusions reached by the media about JVP and Penn State. There is a big difference between highly addictive pain meds post back surgery, anxiety medication, meds to help one stay awake or fall asleep, and marijuana, and steroids or other PEDs.

Medicinal Weed is legal in Florida. Some states, like PA, exclude the smoking variant and only allow edibles. He may or may not have had an RX for the Devil's Lettuce.

Probably impossible to tell without asking Woods.
Yes there are ingestible pills or mints in sublingual forms.
My best friend has been fighting cancer for 3+ years now and one of the side effects of the Opdivo treatment is back pain.
He is using a form of Muscle rub with CBN and CBD. not sure how that would show up in the blood stream but it could offer a reason as to why its there.

I use "weed cream" (my term) on every pain my body ever experiences. You woukd be surprised 1) how often it works; and 2) on the types of pains where it works. I'm almost convinced that this weed cream is why the drug companies keep the pockets of the politicians lined to not only keep MJ illigal, but keep it as schedule 1. Amazing stuff.

Reactions: BBrown
How long does that stuff last in the bloodstream? Are we talking hours, days, weeks?

So we learned Tiger was taking heavy pain meds...we knew that already based on the major back issues.

Tiger is taking Xanax and Ambien...Not uncommon among athletes to take them down from their amphetamine high.

He smokes weed.

Nothing here that is 'shocking' to me. Probably just 'proves' to some doubters now that Tiger does have some real drug addiction issues versus the 'rumor's that were out there.

Dilaudid? How in the world did he get someone to prescribe Dilaudid to him? I don't know a lot about the world of prescription drugs, but isn't that sort of like the strongest thing in the world you can take?

I use "weed cream" (my term) on every pain my body ever experiences. You woukd be surprised 1) how often it works; and 2) on the types of pains where it works. I'm almost convinced that this weed cream is why the drug companies keep the pockets of the politicians lined to not only keep MJ illigal, but keep it as schedule 1. Amazing stuff.

You don't have to convince me I've seen the results and my friend swears buy it.
He says its the only thing thats helped his back and shoulder muscles.

How long does that stuff last in the bloodstream? Are we talking hours, days, weeks?

So we learned Tiger was taking heavy pain meds...we knew that already based on the major back issues.

Tiger is taking Xanax and Ambien...Not uncommon among athletes to take them down from their amphetamine high.

He smokes weed.

Nothing here that is 'shocking' to me. Probably just 'proves' to some doubters now that Tiger does have some real drug addiction issues versus the 'rumor's that were out there.

I don't think anyone would know unless Tiger would say.
I'm not sure how CBD and CBN show up or how long it would stick around if at all.
All I know is that my friend swears by it and after the shit I've seen him go through I'm a believer.
JMO but I think the dr. that gave him the script for the Dilaudid needs to be checked out.

I think there are a lot of reasons why the drug companies want Weed to stay illegal.:mad:

I don't think anyone would know unless Tiger would say.
I'm not sure how CBD and CBN show up or how long it would stick around if at all.
All I know is that my friend swears by it and after the shit I've seen him go through I'm a believer.
JMO but I think the dr. that gave him the script for the Dilaudid needs to be checked out.

I don't know about CBN, but CBD does not have THC in it. At least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. The "weed cream" that I like the most has CBD, plus a very small amount of THC.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT