ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 World Cup Thread

This ref sucks. He can't be the best they could have come up with for this match.
The Turkish ref in England vs Croatia was well worse. This may be part of the appeal
problem with soccer In the US,
calls like that and flopping are equated to WWE stuff by most Americans.

and Croatia with an equalizer at the 28 minute mark, 1-1. Great score on a FK that got headed 3 times, then a pass and a rip. It appeared to glance off a French defender.

wow, VAR awards a PK to France. Ball went off the France player's head into the arm of the Croatian defender.

I disagree with the call.

France scores on the PK at the 38 minute mark, 2-1.

Finishing up the Wimbledon final (which was better than I thought). Rooting for France but have a soft spot for Croatia - spent some time there and the place is gorgeous and the people are wonderful. No losers for me here.

Buttttt......

Croatia with a corner, and France a man down due to injury, but the header off the corner goes wide. 3 minutes of stoppage time added to the 1st half

wow, great shot by Croatia at the 47 min mark, and a nice save by the France GK. Croatia doesn't get much out of the ensuing corner.

all the security at the match, and Croatia gets stopped by a whistle on an attack, as there were 3 or 4 spectators that ran onto the field.

wow, France with a sweet goal at the 58 minute mark to take a 3-1 lead. Mbappe's speed was critical, but then some nice passing after he created the play

Reactions: LionJim
Mbappe with a laser shot at the 64 minute mark from about 25 yards out for a goal, 4-1, France

Wow. So Mbappe scores a goal in the World Cup Final at age 19. The last teenager to do that was Pele in 1958.

Croatia with a goal at the 68 minute mark, as the attacker picks the pocket of the French GK for the score. 4-2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT