ADVERTISEMENT

OT - 2 All knowing board inquiries

scottpsurules

Gold Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mohnton PA
It is late, but anyone have any insight on house rentals for PSU graduation weekend May 3, looking for multiple bedrooms for family.

Second question, my younger son will be wrapping up his second service project trip in Nepal in June and my wife and I are considering going over to meet up with him when his work is complete. Anyone been there and have any tips on things to do/see? FYI, he is working on re-building an irrigation system in the small Himalayan village of Dhumba. The system was heavily damaged in a major 2015 earthquake.

Thanks all!!!

No idea about #1

#2-lots of temples to see. Don’t expect much in the way of fancy resorts in Nepal. If you are adventuresome there are some white water rafting opportunities in the Himalayas.

You can take a scary flight into the base of Nepal. And maybe climb a few hundred feet of it.

People are humble and friendly. But you may see heart wrenching poverty. So be prepared for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: scottpsurules
It is late, but anyone have any insight on house rentals for PSU graduation weekend May 3, looking for multiple bedrooms for family.

Second question, my younger son will be wrapping up his second service project trip in Nepal in June and my wife and I are considering going over to meet up with him when his work is complete. Anyone been there and have any tips on things to do/see? FYI, he is working on re-building an irrigation system in the small Himalayan village of Dhumba. The system was heavily damaged in a major 2015 earthquake.

Thanks all!!!

As it happens, a friend is currently in Nepal - I'll hit him up for sightseeing tips.

I was in Nepal about 20 years ago for a few days (side trip from a conference in Delhi). I recommend a short tourist flight to see Everest and other nearby mountains. I used Buddha Air but I am not sure they still do it. There are probably other options (plane or helo). It is mind-blowing to fly past at 20,000 - 25,000 ft and have to look up to see some of the highest peaks in the world. If your timing is just right you may be able to see climbers heading for the top of Everest.

I was in Nepal about 20 years ago for a few days (side trip from a conference in Delhi). I recommend a short tourist flight to see Everest and other nearby mountains. I used Buddha Air but I am not sure they still do it. There are probably other options (plane or helo). It is mind-blowing to fly past at 20,000 - 25,000 ft and have to look up to see some of the highest peaks in the world. If your timing is just right you may be able to see climbers heading for the top of Everest.
My son on his first trip did the flight from Kathmandu around Everest. It will definitely be on the list. Seeing climbers would be unreal, trip will be in June, not sure when they summit.

Reactions: Leo Ridens
No idea about #1

#2-lots of temples to see. Don’t expect much in the way of fancy resorts in Nepal. If you are adventuresome there are some white water rafting opportunities in the Himalayas.

You can take a scary flight into the base of Nepal. And maybe climb a few hundred feet of it.

People are humble and friendly. But you may see heart wrenching poverty. So be prepared for that.

Will definitely look into the base camp flight, sure not climbing to it.....thanks

Reactions: Leo Ridens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT