OReilly says

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Illegals are going to get in one way or the other?

Blacks are going to shoot each other one way or the other?

People are going to commit crimes one way or the other.

People are going to get abortions one way or the other.

So screw it, let's just have anarchy.
That’s not anarchy. That’s normal. Par for the course. It’s just the way it is. You could add a whole bunch statements that would be true to your list.

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
The pos you voted for has zero balls, zero honesty, and blames Republicans for gas prices. Is he not the president? Did I miss something? Y'all control 3 houses, yet blame everyone else. Lmao, and you, you hold Franklin accountable, but not the lying pos in the WH. LMAO.
Where did I say the president should not be held accountable for a number of things that are less than ideal in the current state of the country?

You seem to have a bit of a problem acknowledging that when you shut down one route or all routes, as long as here is demand the smugglers and dealers figure it out. They always do.

But yes, to your declaration ( which has nothing to do with the original post ) the president hasn’t done a good job regarding several aspects of how the country is currently running.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
So Cheeto threatened the Mexican president with the prospect of our sending drones into Mexican airspace to drop a bunch of bombs in his country. How could he ever have been in the slightest way opposed to that? Did Cheeto also tell him he would have to send money for The Wall?

Thank God that Orange complected moron was booted out of office.
I’m trying to figure out why anyone, including you, would be against such a policy.

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
Look at @psuted laughing. Maybe such a bright light bulb like him could explain to a dimwit like me how supply and demand are not intertwined.

The drug dealers have always figured out how to keep delivering no matter what barrier is put up and what challenges they face.

Come on @psuted back up that giggle with something to refute my observation. You are a really bright guy after all.

Your turn.

I'm not sure why you are focusing on a wall here. Border security overall will reduce the flow of drugs.

That will reduce drug use by the laws you claim to understand

A good friend of mine is the best organized crime researcher/historian in the USA. I, along with him, may or may not know certain people in "the life.'

When I tell you my friend knows his sh1t, trust me on it. The most powerful organized crime group in the world today is called 'NDRANGHETA. They are not Sicilian Cosa Nostra but very similar from Calabria in southern Italy. They control ALL the heroin and coke coming from Europe, Australia and other parts of world. They are in cahoots with the Mexican cartels and get all their drugs from the South American cartels. My friend says cartels manufacture more than distribute anymore. That is not to say cartels don't traffic drugs across the southern border anymore, because they still do. But the majority of heroin and coke come from 'NDRANGHETA in Europe, not southern cartels.

So while I do think a wall may help a little, Tgar is right when he says cartels will always find a way. But I do agree people living on the border should have a wall for security and privacy.

This first short video is one shipment worth $120 million sent to a port in Calabria that 'NDRANGHETA controls. One container was shipped from Chilie, while another from Brazil.

In this video in the very beginning shows 80% of cocaine shipped to 'NDRANGHETA comes from Brazil. Guess where 'NDRANGHETA reships most of it to????.....AMERICA!

Last edited:

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
A good friend of mine is the best organized crime researcher/historian in the USA. I, along with him, may or may not know certain people in "the life.'

When I tell you my friend knows his sh1t, trust me on it. The most powerful organized crime group in the world today is called 'NDRANGHETA. They are not Sicilian Cosa Nostra but very similar from Calabria in southern Italy. They control ALL the heroin and coke coming in from Europe and Australia and other places and other parts of world. They are in cahoots with the Mexican cartels and get all their drugs from the cartel. My friend says cartels manufacture more than distribute. That is not to say cartels don't come across. But the majority of heroin and coke come from 'NDRANGHETA in Europe.

So while I do think a wall may help a little, Tgar is right when he says cartels will always find a way. But I do agree people living on the border should have a wall for security and privacy.

This first short video is one shipment worth $120 million sent to a port in Calabria that 'NDRANGHETA controls. One container was shipped from Chilie, while another from Brazil.

Dude, I not only have lived near the border, have friends on the border, I have close friends in LE on the border. I told this very board over a year and a half ago, fentanyl was no longer a Chinese issue, it was a true manufacturing issue, because Mexico no longer needed China. Mexico now makes it themselves, the entire product.

The only people that downplay the border are nothing but ignorant fools. They've never lived in a border state. Hell, these are the same elitist whites that have zero Mexicans as friends. Hell, they don't even know one. These are the same liars that believe Biden when he says his policies are working. The dumbass doesn't even know what state Rick Scott is from. Maybe you can ask them what "ultra maga" means?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

When I tell you my friend knows his sh1t, trust me on it. The most powerful organized crime group in the world today is called 'NDRANGHETA. They are not Sicilian Cosa Nostra but very similar from Calabria in southern Italy. They control ALL the heroin and coke coming from Europe, Australia and other parts of world. They are in cahoots with the Mexican cartels and get all their drugs from the South American cartels. My friend says cartels manufacture more than distribute anymore. That is not to say cartels don't traffic drugs across the southern border anymore, because they still do. But the majority of heroin and coke come from 'NDRANGHETA in Europe, not southern cartels.

In this video in the very beginning shows 80% of cocaine shipped to 'NDRANGHETA comes from Brazil. Guess where 'NDRANGHETA reships most of it to????.....AMERICA!

What's your point?

Does supply and demand exist? Yes.

The more complex the system needed to get drugs in, the more expensive they become.

The more expensive they become, the less they are used.

Supply and Demand.

LdN

Reactions: Ski

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
What's your point?

The more complex the system needed to get drugs in, the more expensive they become.

Supply and Demand.

LdN
I'm not arguing supply and demand.

You guys always think everything has to be argument. I am telling you I am NOT disagreeing with you about securing our southern border and doing what we can to stop cartels. On that part I am agreeing with you. My point is that I'm sure most people don't realize a good majority of southern cartel drugs do not come across the southern border.

While I understand your supply and demand point, we are not talking about a family making like $80K not buying as many groceries because of supply and demand. These are organizations with billions of dollars. So the manufacturers (cartels) and distributors ('NDRANGHETA) do not have to raise their prices. And from my understanding this process of cartels shipping drugs to 'NRANGHETA and them shipping and selling them to the US has been going on for quite a some time.

In fact one the most famous old time mob bosses Lucky Luciano was doing this in the 1920s-1930s and they use the same shipping routes today. I'm sure it's a little different and bigger today but it's nothing all that new.

Reactions: tgar

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021
Dude, I not only have lived near the border, have friends on the border, I have close friends in LE on the border. I told this very board over a year and a half ago, fentanyl was no longer a Chinese issue, it was a true manufacturing issue, because Mexico no longer needed China. Mexico now makes it themselves, the entire product.

The only people that downplay the border are nothing but ignorant fools. They've never lived in a border state. Hell, these are the same elitist whites that have zero Mexicans as friends. Hell, they don't even know one. These are the same liars that believe Biden when he says his policies are working. The dumbass doesn't even know what state Rick Scott is from. Maybe you can ask them what "ultra maga" means?
Like I said I have no issue with securing the southern border. However, I do have a heart and as a Christian would like to see good honest hard working Mexican families not have to live in danger or poverty. So, I have no issue with Mexican families like that get vetted quicky and come to America through the legal process.

I don't think the majority of dems honestly think Biden is doing a good job. They are just like everyone else that picks a side and never admits their side (Biden in this case) is ever wrong. In politics people would rather try and defend their side when they are wrong, then admit their side was wrong. Just look at this board. How often did you see a rightwinger call out Trump when he was wrong with things he said or did? Very rare. I don't think there is one dem on the board that ever holds Biden or their party accountable.

Last edited:

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You didn't answer.
Answer what? Your question asking why we have a stockpile of nuclear and conventional weapons? Surely your answer is not "So we can drop them all over Mexico."

On second thought, it probably IS. Lemme guess. You brought on ASU Scholar as your foreign policy advisor. Have you guys scheduled a houseboat trip? :cool:

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
So Cheeto threatened the Mexican president with the prospect of our sending drones into Mexican airspace to drop a bunch of bombs in his country. How could he ever have been in the slightest way opposed to that? Did Cheeto also tell him he would have to send money for The Wall?

Thank God that Orange complected moron was booted out of office.
Yup Biden has completed ****ing up the southern border just like the left wants. We even got the highest inflation and gas prices In over 4 decades as bonsai prizes. It's so good having leftists that are willing to **** up the country even more because we can't have the snowflakes read or hear things they don't like.

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001

Nobody ever downplayed the border. I downplayed the notion that a border wall will slow or stop the flow of drugs. Your comprehension and conversational abilities seem to be in decline.

Regarding a wall specifically, put one up. Do it properly so that it will remain effective to a certain extent for a long time because it’s going to cost billions to erect. Along with the border wall put together comprehensive immigration reform to ensure workers are available as many jobs I assume everywhere go unfilled ( certainly in western and central Pa. )

Enforce E Verify, make it a level playing field and collect taxes On all documented workers. Do away completely with undocumented workers. Building a wall and continuing to have an economy based on the use of undocumented workers means those folks desiring to earn and support their families will find a way here.

It really all needs to go hand in hand.

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
What's your point?

Supply and Demand.

LdN
His point is build a border wall and combine that effort with a comprehensive immigration policy to do away with undocumented workers. Put in a system where all the labor we need comes here legally. We, the consumer, will pay a lot more for the things they build and pick but that’s the way it needs to be as they are needed. A wall ( one that actually works, something better than he former guy or anyone else was building ) is Only going to work if everything else is addressed. A wall BTW, is not going to slow the flow of drugs but if it makes people feel secure build it. And institute a real federal E Verify system simultaneously. Those folks will not come if they know they cannot work.

Reactions: Gorki224

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Why wouldn't a wall slow the flow of drugs? Please explain to my simple mind what I am missing. I do realize a wall can't stop an airplane.

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
The wall is never going to reduce drug use. Never. The dealers are always one step ahead, always. It’s been that way since the beginning of the war on drugs.

The demand for meth and heroine, in this country will continue to be a problem Wall or no wall. With the profits to be made, dealers will always figure a way around a barrier.

Well, now we know why you guys hate prisons and love the no bail laws.

Hey, the bad guys are going to just kill and steal anyway, so why try to slow it down or stop it? Funny thing is, it usually affects minorities the most, so you White elitists don’t give a crap.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Hey, the bad guys are going to just kill and steal anyway, so why try to slow it down or stop it? Funny thing is, it usually affects minorities the most, so you White elitists don’t give a crap.

Tgar does not understand economics.

He keeps using the word demand without understanding how restricting supply will affect the equilibrium.

LdN

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001

I said I am fine with building the wall. I also said don’t expect it to reduce drug use. It won’t.

Arrest all the Drug Traffickers from overseas you find. Legalize as many drugs that are safe to take as possible as well. Look at social community solutions to contain anyone putting a needle in their arm to live in a area close to each other to reduce policing and make ambulance runs easier, have a Narcan response team nearby.

Look at comprehensive solutions that are currently not being tried. It’s going to take a lot more than a wall to stop drug use.

Why is it none of you guys can have a discussion without throwing aspersions? Is it some for, of insecurity, weakness, or tribal identity?

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Tgar does not understand economics.

He keeps using the word demand without understanding how restricting supply will affect the equilibrium.

LdN
My point is no wall is going to restrict supply. It’s pretty simple if you have been following the war on drugs for 50 years.

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Why wouldn't a wall slow the flow of drugs? Please explain to my simple mind what I am missing. I do realize a wall can't stop an airplane.
I think you answered your own question along with boats, cargo, trucks, drones, tunnels, trains, etc. etc.

you can fit an awful lot of heroine inside a little Buddha statue or bobblehead of Ringo Starr made in China.

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
My point is no wall is going to restrict supply. It’s pretty simple if you have been following the war on drugs for 50 years.
How do you know the wall won't reduce supply. I think it would, however they will find other ways to get the drugs in. The wall will reduce the supply. If there is a wall how do they get through it? It would be a start.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
How do you know the wall won't reduce supply. I think it would, however they will find other ways to get the drugs in. The wall will reduce the supply. If there is a wall how do they get through it? It would be a start.
Ummmm your line that starts with “ however” sort of answers your question.

Think of it this way. ( and again, I AM FINE WITH A WALL If it makes everyone feel safer ) in the 50 plus years of rhe war on drugs, have they ever not been able to transport drugs into this country? Ever?

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

Think of it this way. ( and again, I AM FINE WITH A WALL If it makes everyone feel safer ) in the 50 plus years of rhe war on drugs, have they ever not been able to transport drugs into this country? Ever?
we haven't had a wall in the 50+ year war on drugs. It is foolproof? heck no. But is it a deterrent? Of course, it is. By your line of reasoning, why have checkpoints, drug inspections and drug sniffing dogs? Why have TSA?

In fact, it is a message "we don't want you and will work to keep you out unless you gain access within the approved channels".

Reactions: Dzapper and bdgan

Dzapper

May 5, 2019

You pretty much set out the Soc/Dem approach to handling the nation's problems.

Shrug, giggle and ignore them.....but make sure you emote a bit and tell everyone how much you CARE about the issue.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
LOL. No it will not if you understood anything about drug dealing.

Your argument is very dumb.

Any deterrent will reduce the flow of drugs.

Each time a shipment is caught, that reduces supply by increasing the cost.

You do not have a leg to stand on here yet you keep arguing.

LdN

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Nobody ever downplayed the border. I downplayed the notion that a border wall will slow or stop the flow of drugs. Your comprehension and conversational abilities seem to be in decline.

Regarding a wall specifically, put one up. Do it properly so that it will remain effective to a certain extent for a long time because it’s going to cost billions to erect. Along with the border wall put together comprehensive immigration reform to ensure workers are available as many jobs I assume everywhere go unfilled ( certainly in western and central Pa. )

Enforce E Verify, make it a level playing field and collect taxes On all documented workers. Do away completely with undocumented workers. Building a wall and continuing to have an economy based on the use of undocumented workers means those folks desiring to earn and support their families will find a way here.

It really all needs to go hand in hand.
If you eliminate undocumented workers, coastal elitists will never meet any Mexican or Hispanic immigrants. Gardeners and drywall hangers must be illegals just like interior decorators must be gay. (Cheers reference) Hence, our class stratification will get worse.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
If you eliminate undocumented workers, coastal elitists will never meet any Mexican or Hispanic immigrants. Gardeners and drywall hangers must be illegals just like interior decorators must be gay. (Cheers reference) Hence, our class stratification will get worse.
i honestly feel that is the key to our economic prosperity. supply and demand kicks in and pay will go up. with that will come careers for American that start in entry level jobs. hiring illegals is simply an easy way to get around the system and make profits. "jobs American won't do" is BS. It really is "jobs American won't do at that pay".

Reactions: Ski and lurkerlion

Steve G

May 29, 2001
because the drugs come in at commercial scale through legal, legitimate ports of entry, hidden in legitimate shipments of agricultural and commercial products. In tractor trailers rail cars and shipping containers not on individuals hiking through the dessert who will be stopped by a wall or fence. And as pointed out above transshipped from S America to other points and then re routed through US ports of entry like Baltimore and Long Beach. Its an industrial operation, basically manufacturing and shipping chemicals across the border

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
because the drugs come in at commercial scale through legal, legitimate ports of entry, hidden in legitimate shipments of agricultural and commercial products. In tractor trailers rail cars and shipping containers not on individuals hiking through the dessert who will be stopped by a wall or fence. And as pointed out above transshipped from S America to other points and then re routed through US ports of entry like Baltimore and Long Beach. Its an industrial operation, basically manufacturing and shipping chemicals across the border

So are are there drugs coming across the border aside from ports of entry?

LdN

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
So are are there drugs coming across the border aside from ports of entry?

LdN
not Really. The drugs flowing into this country come from many different directions. You guys bought the wall will stop them argument.

as posted yesterday ( and there is a lot more info out there )

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
not Really.

You know there's a wall at the southern border of California, right?

And about 10% of the illegal narcotics that are seized come across the open border.

Note the word 'seized'. Pretty difficult to stop something when you dont have anyone to see it.

So again, a wall and stronger border security would definitely slow the supply of drugs into this country. Denying that is denying a fact.

You slow the drugs and make it more difficult to import you shift the supply curve. Drugs become more expensive and less quantity is bought/used.

Denying these facts imply you have a 2nd graders understanding of economics.

But even second graders know that hiding their toys, while not flawless, does slow their use by other kids.

LdN

bdgan

May 29, 2008
i honestly feel that is the key to our economic prosperity. supply and demand kicks in and pay will go up. with that will come careers for American that start in entry level jobs. hiring illegals is simply an easy way to get around the system and make profits. "jobs American won't do" is BS. It really is "jobs American won't do at that pay".
I think "jobs that Americans aren't willing to do" us absurd. If people don't want to work they shouldn't get food stamps, section 8 housing, medicaid, cell phones, etc.

To the extent we need immigrants they should be here legally based on merit.

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001

It's not about feeling safer with the wall. The wall will reduce the drugs HOWEVER, they will find new ways.
If you don't build the wall then you are just letting them it. I think you can see my logic.

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
It's not about feeling safer with the wall. The wall will reduce the drugs HOWEVER, they will find new ways.
If you don't build the wall then you are just letting them it. I think you can see my logic.
Ummmm your logic appears to agree with my logic. The wall will do nothing to stem the flow of drugs. ( however they will find new ways….your words )

Reactions: Fac

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
You know there's a wall at the southern border of California, right?

And about 10% of the illegal narcotics that are seized come across the open border.

Note the word 'seized'. Pretty difficult to stop something when you dont have anyone to see it.

So again, a wall and stronger border security would definitely slow the supply of drugs into this country. Denying that is denying a fact.

You slow the drugs and make it more difficult to import you shift the supply curve. Drugs become more expensive and less quantity is bought/used.

Denying these facts imply you have a 2nd graders understanding of economics.

But even second graders know that hiding their toys, while not flawless, does slow their use by other kids.

LdN
Drugs never become more expensive because they are always available. Addiction and economics are two different animals.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

As Queen Nancy says.....people will do what people do.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Drugs never become more expensive because they are always available. Addiction and economics are two different animals.

Lol. This is the dumbest post I have read... ever.

How much does cocaine cost to produce per ounce? How much does it cost to buy in the US?

Why do you think that is?

LdN

tgar

Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Lol. This is the dumbest post I have read... ever.

How much does cocaine cost to produce per ounce? How much does it cost to buy in the US?

Why do you think that is?

LdN
Why don’t you educate me on this.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Why don’t you educate me on this.

Cocaine costs about $900 per kilo to produce. That's with all of the overhead of hiding and cartel overlords.

Wholesale in the US it costs between 10k and 20k per kilo.

Or 10x to 20x.

That's before any dealers are touching it.

Why do you think it is valued at 10x to 20x wholesale in the US?

LdN

Jerry

May 29, 2001
The drugs are going to get in one way or the other, they always have. The Port of Baltimore probably has as much traffic as the border, same for the Port of Los Angeles.

Until you tackle the demand side which to be even slightly effective will be a generational effort the drugs will find their way to this country.

Drugs have flowed into this country under every administration including the Trump administration. Why? Because the demand is there And the dealers are very skilled at creating markets.

Why is there so much demand for heroine in this land of plenty?

Last year in the first year of Senile Joe's administration, overdose deaths in the U.S. went over 100,000...an all-time record.

At the same time, the amount of Fentanyl seized in south Texas alone jumped by 1,000%.

This is a crisis. It is devastating entire communities.

If you don't see any connection at all between the above two facts and Dem-Media's policy of open borders, I've got some cheap oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.