ADVERTISEMENT

Only Redfield kicked off ND. Haha.

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
That's it. Just Redfield. Butler survives "indefinite suspension" that of course will be lifted for their first test game. Everyone else rolls over on Redfield and gets benched for first quarter of their opener most likely.

Hilarious.

That's it. Just Redfield. Butler survives "indefinite suspension" that of course will be lifted for their first test game. Everyone else rolls over on Redfield and gets benched for first quarter of their opener most likely.

Hilarious.
No one can fix hate 21 guns, but ND has a strong record or harsh discipline on their players. Redfield was the best player by far of the group and at a position where they are thin. He is gone. The Alabama player who had very similar if not slightly worse charges will not win a game. You jump to Butler will play the first game. Just how did you arrive at that? Certainly not data. In recent years ND has suspended their starting QB and their starting RB for the year.
You can hate their coach for being an A-hole or for stealing our recruits, but to say ND is soft on players who have legal or academic issues is certainly not based in fact or recent history.

Reactions: jham65
No one can fix hate 21 guns, but ND has a strong record or harsh discipline on their players. Redfield was the best player by far of the group and at a position where they are thin. He is gone. The Alabama player who had very similar if not slightly worse charges will not win a game. You jump to Butler will play the first game. Just how did you arrive at that? Certainly not data. In recent years ND has suspended their starting QB and their starting RB for the year.
You can hate their coach for being an A-hole or for stealing our recruits, but to say ND is soft on players who have legal or academic issues is certainly not based in fact or recent history.
PRINCE SHEMBO

That's it. Just Redfield. Butler survives "indefinite suspension" that of course will be lifted for their first test game. Everyone else rolls over on Redfield and gets benched for first quarter of their opener most likely

Hilarious.

Redfield was the only player of that group that will impact ND on the field. He was their starting safety for the last 23 games. Seriously, you need to think before you post. They kicked the starting senior safety off the team! Not a suspension...he was dismissed within 36 hours of the incident. How many other Top 25 programs would do that?(besides Stanford)
His loss will hurt a very young defense and probably cost them a game at some point.

Last edited:
Redfield was the only player of that group that will impact ND on the field. He was their starting safety for the last 23 games. Seriously, you need to think before you post. They kicked the starting senior safety off the team! Not a suspension...he was dismissed within 36 hours of the incident. How many other Top 25 programs would do that?(besides Stanford)
His loss will hurt a very young defense and probably cost them a game at some point.

BS and you know it.

Hilarious.
I am guessing that Redfield is gone because of past mistakes and the very real possibility that the gun was his. I think further action relative to the others who were involved may come once the matter has been investigated. Since most would say that ND's first test game is the opener at Texas it's unlikely you will see Butler. His case is separate from the others and from what I have read somewhat murkier. I'd suggest a wait and see approach when it comes to the extent of the action taken by the university.

I am guessing that Redfield is gone because of past mistakes and the very real possibility that the gun was his. I think further action relative to the others who were involved may come once the matter has been investigated. Since most would say that ND's first test game is the opener at Texas it's unlikely you will see Butler. His case is separate from the others and from what I have read somewhat murkier. I'd suggest a wait and see approach when it comes to the extent of the action taken by the university.

No problem waiting for the facts.....as long as the university investigates quickly and explains the reasoning behind the decisions.

Keep in mind that,as Kelly was quoted in his statement, these are the punishments are being applied by him, and the players still must await the punishments doled out by the University.

Keep in mind that,as Kelly was quoted in his statement, these are the punishments are being applied by him, and the players still must await the punishments doled out by the University.

Exactly right. When ND's university judicial group convenes extra punishments may be doled out and to more players than just Redfield and Butler.

It's simple, Kelly has always recruited thugs ever since he got the head coaching job in order to win more games, and that won't change until he gets canned. There's very few, IF ANY, FBS college football programs that recruit the student athlete who is focused on going to class and getting a quality education, as well as doing well on the field. Very few programs uphold the success with honor motto like James Franklin does. Brian Kelly certainly does not. I would be ashamed to be a Notre Dame fan.

It's simple, Kelly has always recruited thugs ever since he got the head coaching job in order to win more games, and that won't change until he gets canned. There's very few, IF ANY, FBS college football programs that recruit the student athlete who is focused on going to class and getting a quality education, as well as doing well on the field. Very few programs uphold the success with honor motto like James Franklin does. Brian Kelly certainly does not. I would be ashamed to be a Notre Dame fan.
Your post fails the rational statement test. Lets see "Kelly has always recruited thugs." First question is it true? No real evidence to support the proposition. There has not been a rash of thug behavior at Notre Dame and the vast majority of Kelly's recruits have stayed out of trouble. By the way if you count smoking grass as thug behavior this country has an awful lot of thugs. second statement, 'There's few if any, FBS college football programs that recruit the student athlete who is focused on going to class and getting a college education, as well as doing well on the field." Is it true? Probably not. Even if its a minority of programs it would still number more than a few. Statement 3 "Very few schools uphold the success with honor motto like James Franklin does. Brian Kelly does not." Is it true? Not so based on graduation rates. Kelly has done a fine job in that area. Statement 4 I would be ashamed to be a Notre Dame fan? Is there another explanation? Yes, you are not a Notre Dame fan.

What makes you think the 'Furd has some elevated sense of moral rectitude?! Their football program (particularly its S&C program) has generated plenty of suspicion concerning steroid use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT