ADVERTISEMENT

One of the FIRST things New Penn State OC Kirk Ciarrocca should be asked to do at Penn State...

LAToner1

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2008
One of the FIRST things New Penn State OC Kirk Ciarrocca should be asked to do at Penn State?

I think Franklin should get his Defensive Coordinator and Defensive coaches into a room, and ask Kirk Ciarrocca to explain what the Offensive game plan was to BEAT Penn State... I'm SURE he will say, attack the Defensive Backs... attack them with precision timing passes, where if the DB's are NOT positioned right, and NOT keeping an eye on the ball. and NOT playing good. fundamental pass coverage... Their taller recievers would win more of the balls than not !!

THEN, he should make the same speech to the Defensive Backs as well.. bottom line? PRETENDING that there is no problem with the way Penn State has FUNDAMENTALLY played pass defense, MUST come to an end... and the ENTIRE Defense needs to be challenged to IMPROVE... with:

1) Better fundamentals in playing pass defense,
2) Position and NOT losing site of the ball is CRITICAL, and
3) Better recruiting... need taller, faster athletic DB's

IF Franklin wants to "Improve" to become an elite program... THAT is the BIGGEST flaw I see !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News