ADVERTISEMENT

On the night the pacino/Paterno movie opens...

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
...Penn State alumni chapters across the country should hold airings of The Joe We Know. It would be a great show of solidarity and a stand against the false narrative. Two issues I see are that 1) Showings of The Joe We Know have been limited in the past and 2) Some chapters may be afraid to "rock the boat" with the alumni association. Still, I would love to see it happen.

Thoughts?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Wrong. The best thing to do is ignore it. If you create controversy, it will attract viewers. Any publicity is good for HBO. What we want are poor ratings. It's all about ratings and subscriber money. The public is bored with this stuff. The press will have their one day of below the fold reviews, and then everyone will forget about the film.

Wrong. The best thing to do is ignore it. If you create controversy, it will attract viewers. Any publicity is good for HBO. What we want are poor ratings. It's all about ratings and subscriber money. The public is bored with this stuff. The press will have their one day of below the fold reviews, and then everyone will forget about the film.

I'm not saying we have to have a national ad campaign over it. However, we shouldn't allow the false narrative to continue unchallenged.

Fabulous idea. If I recall correctly the rights of ownership are somewhat convoluted and would likely be the biggest obstacle to accomplishing this.

Another option might be The People's Joe.

Thanks. The People's Joe would work, too.

dont even bring it up...best thing for us for this film to be released and no one knows about it or watches

Yeah. With Al Pacino in the lead role. Pretty sure it gets ignored. :rolleyes:

True. In addition, HBO will have Bill Maher plugging the film, and he's likely to have his pathetic pal Keith O. on with him to trash Paterno. I don't have HBO, but I guess they do promos during other shows, like GOT.

I agree with you that this movie will be anything but ignored.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT