ADVERTISEMENT

Olbermann segment on Onward State

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
and, if you can stand to watch it, is pretty interesting. Olbermann looks like he is about to throw up. The bile is coming up and is caught in his throat, onto his tongue and oozing between his teeth. His jaw in clenched and you can tell that he and Letterman are very uncomfortable. Olbermann, like an old guy, says that Twitter is a sign that society is disintegrating...nobody laughs, untill Letterman repeats it (which is a sign to the audience to laugh). It falls flat...the audience gives a tepid laugh and light applause.
I actually enjoyed watching it...because he is very, very uncomfortable and looks like a fool. This is clearly Letterman giving his buddy an assist in, again, trying to get his career out of the ditch.

He looks emotionally upset throughout the whole thing--like he's coming apart. Interesting that he didn't actually mention us. Don't quite get his concept that real people aren't behind the tweets--sounds delusional.

The thing with satirical humor is that it is based in part on some truth. If Olberman said that twitter is a sign that society is disintegrating, he said it 'tongue in cheek', but he also feels it to be somewhat true ... in his opinion. If Olberman feels that strongly about twitter, then why was he even on twitter? I am against it. I think it is foolish. Guess what ... I do not use it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT