ADVERTISEMENT

OL is positively staggering towards the finish line. So on Sat, I will

BobE

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
have my roster and a pen in hand, marking the number of players who see PT. Who will they be? Is that a fire behind the bench? ( of redshirts burning...?) I will also be saying a prayer that the guys on the field stay healthy, and the guys who used to be on the field get well asap. This truly has been a team accomplishment.

CJF is absolutely doing it with mirrors at this point. And the fact that we have done so well despite this incredible injury bug speaks volumes about Coach Limegrover and Coach MOJO. We have seen a major upgrade in OL play - by everyone, starters and backups, in the short time they have been here.

And for a team whose OL was so heavily criticized for the past two years as having no talent, those guys are really coming on. We should hoist a glass in THEIR honor (individually of course) . And then hoist another one in honor of the freshmen/redshirt freshmen who are coming up fast on the outside rail. Then we should hoist a glass to each of the new coaches CJF has brought in ( 3 more glasses). Then a glass to our new DC who is doing a helluva job under similarly challenging conditions. Then we should probably take a nap.....

I mean, each of our coaches should be in the running for Coach of the Year at their particular position.

2016 is the year when things came together for CJF after two years of incredibly hard work, GOOD planning, and pure guts. His strategy and talent selection, together with some good luck, has discovered McSorley as a QB who makes things happen, even under serious duress, and allowed SB to grow into the player he is ( do I hear Heisman consideration?) Team chemistry is outstanding, and the transition of who recruited who, is about complete.

No matter the outcome of our remaining games, this has been a year for the record books. And if indeed we cobble together a functioning OL and finish the year as we all wish to, it there will be no way to understate the importance of what has happened during 2016. The fans who stuck by the team, and attended the games, or watched from afar deserve to feel good about nearly everything Penn State. And for THIS team, the upcoming holiday season will be joyous for yet another reason.

Welcome back, Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News