ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma-Georgia Rose Bowl Thread

The SEC is always going to get that kind of hype. I like seeing the Big XII and ACC exposed as weaker conferences. The Pac XII as well. The Big Ten should have had two teams last year just like the SEC should have had two teams this year. I'm not going to root against Bama because the media likes them. I want Georgia to win the whole thing. And I'd like to see Smart beat Saban. I'm not a fan of Dabo or Mayfield. I have lots of reasons. You root against the Big Ten. I can root for the SEC.

Also, Bama fans have great respect for our program. I give that respect back
They will always get the hype especially if they get two teams in the finals. And let's see how much Bama fans respect us if we play them. My guess is the pedo enablers signs would be out in full force.

They will always get the hype especially if they get two teams in the finals. And let's see how much Bama fans respect us if we play them. My guess is the pedo enablers signs would be out in full force.

You'd be wrong. Went to the last two games we played against Bama. The majority of their fans are classy. Not all but the majority. I know a lot of people won't watch Georgia-Bama if it happens. Personally, I think that's the best possible matchup given the four teams in the playoffs.

If we expand the field a lot of teams, a lot of teams, would have had a chance this year

I doubt that. Bama fans have exhibited a great deal of respect for Penn State, especially through the scandal.

Great program with fantastic tradition.

Reactions: 78SweetRevenge
You'd be wrong. Went to the last two games we played against Bama. The majority of their fans are classy. Not all but the majority. I know a lot of people won't watch Georgia-Bama if it happens. Personally, I think that's the best possible matchup given the four teams in the playoffs.

If we expand the field a lot of teams, a lot of teams, would have had a chance this year
So next year be ready for three SEC teams in the playoffs....then who knows, maybe four. Since they're not expanding any time soon, we might as well get ready for all SEC all the time.

Reactions: Eph97
As a supposed PSU fan, I'm not sure why you would want two SEC schools to make the championship....all that will do is solidify the media's love affair with that conference, which would hurt Penn State.
Don't worry AWS, I believe it is going to be Clemson & Oklahoma. Which i don't give a rats a$$ about...final game on during the week..f' that, I'm going to work.

Reactions: crm114psu
So next year be ready for three SEC teams in the playoffs....then who knows, maybe four. Since they're not expanding any time soon, we might as well get ready for all SEC all the time.

Awesome--how about we schedule them in the non-conference slate and actually beat them instead of playing Pitt. We know the SEC teams schedule one real opponent--play them.

Bama and Georgia are two of the top 4 teams this year. They earned it based on this system. I hate the system but I deal with what is.

Don't worry AWS, I believe it is going to be Clemson & Oklahoma. Which i don't give a rats a$$ about...final game on during the week..f' that, I'm going to work.
Unfortunately you're wrong on Oklahoma, now if Bama wins we will all see the SEC love fest get even worse.

Reactions: step.eng69
Awesome--how about we schedule them in the non-conference slate and actually beat them instead of playing Pitt. We know the SEC teams schedule one real opponent--play them.

Bama and Georgia are two of the top 4 teams this year. They earned it based on this system. I hate the system but I deal with what is.
Won't matter if we beat them, because then we have to play a tough conference schedule. If we lose one or two in conference, we're done. You can't seem to come to terms with the fact that it's a beauty contest and nothing else.

Reactions: nittnee
Won't matter if we beat them, because then we have to play a tough conference schedule. If we lose one or two in conference, we're done. You can't seem to come to terms with the fact that it's a beauty contest and nothing else.

Right--the SEC is a joke. The only real football is played in the Big Ten despite your attacks on those schools.
If we beat Bama in the non-conference schedule and then lose a game in conference play we'd make the playoff-like Ohio State when they beat OU last year. Simple

Right--the SEC is a joke. The only real football is played in the Big Ten despite your attacks on those schools.
If we beat Bama in the non-conference schedule and then lose a game in conference play we'd make the playoff-like Ohio State when they beat OU last year. Simple
But what if we lose two in conference. If we only lost one game in the last two years we probably would have been in without playing Bama. But that was when the SEC wasn't considered the God-like conference that they're back to being now...especially if they get both teams in the finals. You're so transparent it's actually funny....you post about how the Big doing well in the bowls is a good thing but then you cheer for two SEC schools to get in the finals and say it's all about the OOC games.

But what if we lose two in conference. If we only lost one game in the last two years we probably would have been in without playing Bama. But that was when the SEC wasn't considered the God-like conference that they're back to being now...especially if they get both teams in the finals. You're so transparent it's actually funny....you post about how the Big doing well in the bowls is a good thing but then you cheer for two SEC schools to get in the finals and say it's all about the OOC games.

I did root for the Big Ten. Don't think for a second that Michigan State and Ohio State getting shut out (I'm sure you were thrilled when Ohio State) didn't hurt the Big Ten this year.

I do think the SEC is better than the Big XII and the ACC. And the Pac XII.

Again--I don't like Mayfield and I don't like Dabo. If it was TCU & .... (can't think of an ACC team I like--Georgia Tech? or Virginia Tech?) then I wouldn't be rooting for the SEC. Bama is classy and I really like Kirby Smart. I love Georgia's offensive scheme. Can't even imagine what Saquon could have done in that.

Georgia and Bama could have lost today and it wouldn't have any impact on the SEC. The SEC's reputation is solidified until Saban retires. Bama alone carries them

I did root for the Big Ten. Don't think for a second that Michigan State and Ohio State getting shut out (I'm sure you were thrilled when Ohio State) didn't hurt the Big Ten this year.

I do think the SEC is better than the Big XII and the ACC. And the Pac XII.

Again--I don't like Mayfield and I don't like Dabo. If it was TCU & .... (can't think of an ACC team I like--Georgia Tech? or Virginia Tech?) then I wouldn't be rooting for the SEC. Bama is classy and I really like Kirby Smart. I love Georgia's offensive scheme. Can't even imagine what Saquon could have done in that.

Georgia and Bama could have lost today and it wouldn't have any impact on the SEC. The SEC's reputation is solidified until Saban retires. Bama alone carries them
I agree with you about Bama but not the rest of the SEC. if Georgia would have lost along with Auburn, it would have hurt the SEC's image.

I think we're as good (and so is Ohio State).

Maybe--probably but we both lost twice and neither of us had a non-conference win on the level of ND.
I would have liked our chances and Ohio State's chances in a playoff. Hell, even Wisconsin could have made a run

Maybe--probably but we both lost twice and neither of us had a non-conference win on the level of ND.
I would have liked our chances and Ohio State's chances in a playoff. Hell, even Wisconsin could have made a run
I think we would have had the same record (or better) if we played Georgia's schedule. I don't think they have the offense to keep up with us....and I don't think Oklahoma has the defense to stop us enough.

I think we would have had the same record (or better) if we played Georgia's schedule. I don't think they have the offense to keep up with us....and I don't think Oklahoma has the defense to stop us enough.

I think Georgia would have ran over us. Roquan Smith would have followed Saquon all day--would have loved to have seen that matchup. Not sure what our record would have been playing their schedule. Road games at ND and Auburn would have been challenging to say the least. Any team that runs the triple option makes me nervous as well.

I agree with you about OU. though that may have been a 56-52 type game.

Maybe the can change the CFP so that it is more like the LLWS - with two SEC teams in one semi-final the the other semi-final for all non-SEC teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT