ADVERTISEMENT

OK folks....what to do in....

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
Nashville? I just booked a trip for July 4 weekend. Yes, I know its going to be hot as blazes. In on the 4th and leave on the 7th.

I don't care for country music, so no chance of seeing any "up and coming country music act". The only thing that would be "up and coming" would be lunch if I was forced to listen to this music.

One of the travelling party just went through a long, bitter, contested divorce from his wife.

So, let's hear some non country music ideas.

Nashville? I just booked a trip for July 4 weekend. Yes, I know its going to be hot as blazes. In on the 4th and leave on the 7th.

I don't care for country music, so no chance of seeing any "up and coming country music act". The only thing that would be "up and coming" would be lunch if I was forced to listen to this music.

One of the travelling party just went through a long, bitter, contested divorce from his wife.

Theme music for the trip!

If you don't like country, do you like western?

I always enjoyed the dueling piano bar on the main street upstairs.

https://www.thebigbangbar.com

There are some talented people in Nashville. This isn't country music either (typically).
For a few dollars you can request almost anything.

LdN

Most of the honkey tonks play classic rock and covers as well (sometimes even more than) country. If you're not going 'up and down Broadway' I'd recommend going someplace other than Nashville

If you don't like country, do you like western?
tumblr_inline_nvmruyO6DE1qh8qgw_500.gif

I don't like country music either, you can find stuff even in the touristy honky-tonks that will be tolerable. Find a decent band, grab a seat, tilt back a few and watch the 10 million bachelorette parties make fools of themselves.

I believe what is called country today we called Southern Rock in the 70’s.

OL

Hmmmm. I consider The Allman Brothers the epitome of Southern Rock, and have never considered them anywhere near country music, or C&W. I could listen to Allman Bros music all day, but would need to join Ro in the mens room (well.... you know what I mean) if I had to listen to country, or country/western, or whatever that noise is! ;)

There are a ton of music shops in Nashville, you can buy me a '58 Les Paul if you want to, if you really need something to do.

Drink, hit the bars, listen to live music,...what else is there to do? I’m not a huge country/western music fan but that’s like ground zero in the US for that kind of music - worth digging into IMO even if not a huge fan. Sort of like checking out jazz in New Orleans.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's an old joke among guitar players about not being too cocky if you decide to try it in Nashville because chances are the cabdriver who picks you up at the airport is a better player than you are- like everything that's funny, it's rooted in truth

Check out The Parthenon - Full scale replica of the one in Athens - it is rather interesting
Also, whether you like C&W or not, a visit to Nashville is not complete without a visit to The Grand Ole Opry or Ryman Auditorium, or The Country Music Hall of Fame.

The Bluebird Café is really neat, as is Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
find out where Maggie Adams is singing/playing...
https://www.oliviamanagement.com/news/2016/10/11/meet-the-team-maggie-adams
she is the one on the left, as kid several years ago.....

Several months ago, I stumbled onto Foxes and Fossils cover of "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" I was immediately hooked and have listened and watched a lot of that group's work on YouTube.

Unfortunately the girls have grown up, off to college (probably out of college) and the group is no more.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Hey ‘ro right now on the cooking channel Duff goes to Nans(?) hot fried chicken. Looks like something to do in Nashville. 7:38 pm Thursday

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Several months ago, I stumbled onto Foxes and Fossils cover of "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" I was immediately hooked and have listened and watched a lot of that group's work on YouTube.

Unfortunately the girls have grown up, off to college (probably out of college) and the group is no more.
Yea they are both in Nashville!!! I love their videos as well

Hey ‘ro right now on the cooking channel Duff goes to Nans(?) hot fried chicken. Looks like something to do in Nashville. 7:38 pm Thursday
Dam actually he’s at howlin rays in Vegas but is making Nashville hot fried chicken. Oh well pretty sure it’s Nans in Nashville

If you want a nice restaurant....Husk. For super casual....The Silly Goose

I'm think of going to the football hall of fame, but I don't like football. Any suggestions of what I can do.

As a wise country singer once said ..I'm gonna get me a bottle of tequila and find me one of them Keno girls that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and just kinda kick back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT