ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Folks; Outside of Family, Religion, and Penn State, what is your favorite thing in life?

Hunting. Period. Doesn’t matter what game with what tool, being in nature providing for your family on a hunter/gatherer level. Nothing better. Plus the relaxation and ability (for me) to be that close to the big man. Who needs therapy in an office with a couch. I get my therapy 30ft up a tree with my Prime Rize in my hand and a face full of paint listening to the sweet sounds of nature.

Food. I'm a foodie and love to cook.My shrimp scampi made with whole wheat pasta. Heavy on the garlic and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

56496834272-D7-A8-A35-D-4-E0-D-43-EC-904-E-86-E7-A6-B89617.jpg

Last edited:
Softball,hunting, fishing and going to sporting events.I'm a season ticket holder in both football and basketball.I also go to most of the local HS games.Throw in my grand kids games,hell I'm never home.I'm lucky my wife also loves sports and goes with me 90% of the time.

Hanging out with my best friends and rehashing jokes and stories from 30-40 years ago for the umpteenth time. Somehow it never gets old.

Especially given that, as we age and memory capacity fades, there’s always a good chance that an “old” story will be “new” again for one or more of us.

Anything outdoors.

Cooking.

Travel that challenges me.

Flying airplanes.

Charity/service work.

Watching sports.

BEER.

Often, combinations of these things.
This is awesome, but please forgo combining the flying with the beer...we’d all like to keep you around for as long as possible.

Chess. I love the game. I started playing when I was 7 or 8, played our high school team, and became pretty good through my Penn State years. After that I played sporadically, mostly because none of my friends played. I don't think I've had a game in 10 years. Until your post I rarely even thought about playing. Now I've got too much on my plate to get back into it. I do miss it though.

Chess. I love the game. I started playing when I was 7 or 8, played our high school team, and became pretty good through my Penn State years. After that I played sporadically, mostly because none of my friends played. I don't think I've had a game in 10 years. Until your post I rarely even thought about playing. Now I've got too much on my plate to get back into it. I do miss it though.

My neighbor, a school teacher, taught me chess when I was in the 9th grade. He beat me consistently, sometimes in 6 moves or less a few times more than I would like to remember.
I finally got a draw on him for the first time in probably 60 games. He continually beat me with me getting more draws until that one day when I won a match. I like the game but the same problem I have is no one I know plays. I do play the computer and we share victories.

Reactions: Ski and fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT