ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State at Virginia Tech

We have seen this act before. Wait until he gets to the pros and has to read defenses and execute complicated passing schemes. Urban's style of offense is not a pro style offense. How many running quarterbacks have we seen fail/get hurt as pros? In all likelihood, Cardale (who is dummer than a hammer) will be no different. Great athlete, strong arm, but not a pro QB.

Yea, he doesn't "read defenses" like a book the way good ole Hack does (kinda like the awesome INT that gave Temple the lead on a 2nd-&-2 from our own 40)....LMAO.

We have seen this act before. Wait until he gets to the pros and has to read defenses and execute complicated passing schemes. Urban's style of offense is not a pro style offense. How many running quarterbacks have we seen fail/get hurt as pros? In all likelihood, Cardale (who is dummer than a hammer) will be no different. Great athlete, strong arm, but not a pro QB.
Maybe. Could be a Cam Newton type, but I suspect he is not quite as fast (4.9 vs. 4.6?) and arm is probably not (yet) quite as good, though he is stronger. If he tried that power running up the middle in the pros he would not last long. Newton is only 3 years older.

Yea, he doesn't "read defenses" like a book the way good ole Hack does (kinda like the awesome INT that gave Temple the lead on a 2nd-&-2 from our own 40)....LMAO.
It's one thing to be deluded and blame everything on one player, but no real PSU fan would dump on an unpaid 20 year old kid like you do.
43 year old coaches making $5M a year are fairer game, but even his critics think Franklin deserves another year or two before we give up on him.

Desmond Howard is the worst commentator on the face of the planet -- just freaking awful.....completely un-listen-able. How this mush-mouthed moron keeps his job is rather baffling - he's awful; worse than chewing on tinfoil while someone shaves your head with a cheese-grater!
He's sort of the Bushwood of the airwaves.

It's one thing to be deluded and blame everything on one player, but no real PSU fan would dump on an unpaid 20 year old kid like you do.
43 year old coaches making $5M a year are fairer game, but even his critics think Franklin deserves another year or two before we give up on him.

Really, is that why you incessantly dump on the unpaid OL? LMFAO at you a$$wipe hypocrites.

Cardale Jones...1st Round pick in 2016 for the Cleveland Browns.

We know how that will end up...

How 'bout those SEC refs! TWO holding calls in just 30 minutes of play. That's 200% more than the BIG TEN called the entire season last year! I wonder if we can hire them?

Hell, I bet if we passed the hat we could cover their expenses and then some.

Multiple holding calls is shocking I tell you, against such a well coached team. There will be an investigation! Delany may file an official complaint to King Emmert.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Multiple VaTech defenders running free in backfield yet again and sack QB....this tO$U OL sucks.....

Multiple holding calls is shocking I tell you, against such a well coached team. There will be an investigation! Delany may file an official complaint to King Emmert.

On the one play, the SEC crew called both the LT and LG for holding on a QB option play! Then they played the replay and it wasn't even close OBVIOUS HOLDING on both players (looked like they had switched the game to a Greco-Roman Wrestling Match), saddest part is that it is SOP in b1g and is not called except on PSU when playing a "traditional b1g turd" opponent.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Another run for a TD by the QB off a shotgun snap.... Me thinks the Hokies have a lot of defensive assets stacked at the LOS and tO$U is making them pay with QB runs (2nd designed QB run for a TD against an overly-aggressive VaTech defense). PSU doesn't have that play in their playbook because it would be a wasted play.....

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeDidntKnow
Another run for a TD by the QB off a shotgun snap.... Me thinks the Hokies have a lot of defensive assets stacked at the LOS and tO$U is making them pay with QB runs (2nd designed QB run against an overly-aggressive VaTech defense). PSU doesn't have that play in their playbook because it would be a wasted play.....
Hack may not be suited for that play. Too slow

Jones avoids another sack by throwing it away despite a VaTech defender making a free run at him and absorbing a hit. Weird how Jones can avoid sacks when defenders are running untouched at him by simply throwing it away, but it is supposedly impossible - he's so good he breaks the laws of physics according to the Hack-cuse makers.....

That's the 3rd designed QB run for a TD by tO$U. Because VaTech has so many assets stacked at the LOS, once the QB breaks past the LOS, there is just simply nobody home....that's why they call that defense "high risk".

Really, is that why you incessantly dump on the unpaid OL? LMFAO at you a$$wipe hypocrites.
Wrong jerkoff. I am blaming the coaches for not developing an OL not the kids who they are failing. For that matter the same is true of the rest of the O including Hack who thrived under OB. Perhaps that is due to receivers. But it is interesting that none of the O players seem to have improved under the current staff.

Hack may not be suited for that play. Too slow

Ummmm yea, precisely, that's why I said it would be a wasted play if PSU had it in their playbook. Oh yea, tO$U just scored their 3rd TD off a designed QB run against a VaTech defense that had everybody stacked at the LOS and nobody home beyond that. These 3 designed QB runs that accounted for 3 of tO$U's 5 TDs also accounted for ~140 yards of offense.

Wrong jerkoff. I am blaming the coaches for not developing an OL not the kids who they are failing. For that matter the same is true of the rest of the O including Hack who thrived under OB. Perhaps that is due to receivers. But it is interesting that none of the O players seem to have improved under the current staff.
OB's a helluva QB coach, no doubt, but opposing teams figured out Hack was very vulnerable to the blitz...the second game last season, IIRC...and from then on it's been pretty much downhill. We all have our opinions, but IMO that explains a lot about his 2013 vs 2014/Temple performances.

Here's the biggest difference I see between OSU's playcalling and PSU's. When Ohio State sees single coverage on the outside - even when VT's secondary is among the best they'll see this year - they have enough confidence in their quarterback and their receivers to coach them to throw the ball downfield and allow their playmakers to make plays. It opens up everything else for them, and makes their entire offense so much fun to watch and so difficult to defend.

Tell me when on Saturday - or at any time post-UCF in 2013 - where we routinely saw the kind of confidence in our quarterback and receivers by our staff through the playcalling that OSU places in theirs. I love Cardale Jones as a quarterback, but I didn't see a throw that Jones made yesterday that Hack can't also make. The difference is that one QB is afforded the opportunity to try and make plays, and the other, for whatever reason, isn't.

He's decent but Hack is better. Just needs that level of protection. Hack will cash in at the next level. Jones won't

I would have tended to agree with you if you were talking about Miller or Barrett. Jones, however, has a pretty good arm. And it remains to be proven if Hack actually can play at the next level. Some of what is happening is on him.

Here's the biggest difference I see between OSU's playcalling and PSU's. When Ohio State sees single coverage on the outside - even when VT's secondary is among the best they'll see this year - they have enough confidence in their quarterback and their receivers to coach them to throw the ball downfield and allow their playmakers to make plays. It opens up everything else for them, and makes their entire offense so much fun to watch and so difficult to defend.

Tell me when on Saturday - or at any time post-UCF in 2013 - where we routinely saw the kind of confidence in our quarterback and receivers by our staff through the playcalling that OSU places in theirs. I love Cardale Jones as a quarterback, but I didn't see a throw that Jones made yesterday that Hack can't also make. The difference is that one QB is afforded the opportunity to try and make plays, and the other, for whatever reason, isn't.
Give credit where credit is due...Jones made a lot of opportunities himself last nite by scrambling out of trouble. Kid's not all that quick, but he's strong...a load to bring down.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT