ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason Chatter

Yeah. If they can snag a great coaching staff, there’s a LOT of talent to pick through there.

No offense to ASU, but if USC can put together a good staff, it’s a no brainer to go to USC over ASU. To me, at least. Hell, both USC and UCLA over ASU.

Yeah. If they can snag a great coaching staff, there’s a LOT of talent to pick through there.

No offense to ASU, but if USC can put together a good staff, it’s a no brainer to go to USC over ASU. To me, at least. Hell, both USC and UCLA over ASU.
Academically and career-wise, generally yes. Though as always, both answers depend on major.

Financially, no. USC tuition > ASU non-resident tuition by $30k/yr. And major edge to ASU for campus location within the metro area.

For my career path, UCLA would be a better choice than either.

USC as a private school provides a lot of support services (academic and athletic) that the public schools don't. Still, a 50% ride at USC gets me even with ASU walk-on.

Considering California has more HS wrestlers than any other state I am not certain I would assume Maryland will initially be superior to new UCLA or USC teams.
Maryland would not be, just right now, since neither UCLA or USC has a team, Maryland would win.

Reactions: nitlion6
USC is ghetto-adjacent. Like cross the street off campus and you are in south central. I was uncomfortable there during daylight hours. UCLA is idyllic. Tempe is my favorite college town, bar none.
Same here with Tempe. Been to all three - Tempe a couple times - and it's not just the climate that makes it our favorite. Small town vibe and compact layout (but with convenient light rail acccess to Phoenix).

"Lindland was informed by USA Wrestling Executive Director Rich Bender of the organization’s decision, which had reportedly been made at the recommendation of newly-installed Greco-Roman General Manager, Ivan Ivanov."

We're gonna need more on this. Weird timing. I think Ivan being involved will be a huge positive, but this is a lot at a poor time, ooof.

"Lindland was informed by USA Wrestling Executive Director Rich Bender of the organization’s decision, which had reportedly been made at the recommendation of newly-installed Greco-Roman General Manager, Ivan Ivanov."

We're gonna need more on this. Weird timing. I think Ivan being involved will be a huge positive, but this is a lot at a poor time, ooof.
Maybe related to the availability window of a desirable replacement?

Definitely, the timing says there must be something rotten somewhere....

good fit all around. has a cenzo to sunkist/asu announcement been made yet or did i just miss it?

I would guess we don't have good data based on the last two years - who is moving in and out...
Used to be a partner in a moving/storage company that was National. Best data to look at that is real time is inflow/outflow of U-Haul trucks.

California is 50th in 2021.

Last edited:
Ok, it's been 2 weeks. What about McGowan, a decision was near in March?
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: backdrft76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT