ADVERTISEMENT

Official Score Predictions: at Minnesota

mickey_PSU

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
NEPA
Hope everyone survived the second bye week of the season. Personally, I don’t like them but this year their timing seems to be perfect. What a season thus far, eh? … and now we have to travel to Minneapolis to face the undefeated Minnesota Golden Gophers. Other than @RyanSnyder, did anyone else think Minny would be undefeated? I know I sure didn’t. Anyway, after a week off to recharge, it’s now time to make your expert predictions on the Nittany Lion Golden Gopher game.

For me, I just can’t get past Minnesota’s schedule. They really haven’t, imo, played anyone all that difficult. I think their run, which has been impressive, will come to a resounding end on Saturday. I think with two weeks to prepare, the Nittany Lion offense will be humming (ala Maryland style) and the defense, which has been superb to this point, will continue its dominance. We’ve done well this year against ranked and tough opponents, even on the road, and this Saturday will be no different.

A salty Clifford will start the game on fire… I know, what else is new?, but this week he won’t let up. A little more diversity on offense will result in us leading at the half, 24-3. We won’t take the foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter, going up 38-3 going into the final 15 minutes. Minny will get a cheap TD late but not before Levis leads us to one more score, giving the Lions 45 points on the day and with Minny’s late cheapie, they’ll put up 10. Final score: Penn State 45 Minnesota 10. Yes, I’m aware Minnesota had a bye, too; yes, I’m aware the game is at their place; and yes, I’m aware we’re a mere 6.5 point favorite at the time of this post—throw it all out, we’re going to dominate!

In case anyone was wondering or even cares, 109 folks made a pick versus Iowa, that’s the high water mark through two thirds of the season. No other week reached or exceeded one hundred picks. The next closest was 94 picks versus Michigan followed by 88 picks versus Pitt. Let’s go, let’s shatter that Iowa record this week. Let’s get your picks out there. Anyone dare to risk winning the DA award this week? Minny is undefeated… for now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News