ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

Heisman and playoff buzz was nice while it lasted. Never predicted the collapse like this. Guess we didn't have as much depth as I thought. Injuries matter.

Injuries to some extent but seems to me that the talent is good, but not championship good...and the coaching is good, but not championship good. People seemed to think that Franklin was the nazz after last year, and that the rebuilding was over. At this point I'm not sure either holds. At least, I think, expectations should be tempered going into next year. The best you can say about today was that PSU didn't get blown out like OSU did.

You can't talk about issues unless you're qualified to coach d1 football.

Only true for posters here who can't take any criticism aimed at PSU. ;) It's not difficult to see the issues that killed the team today.

The officials had zero to do with the loss. Winners make plays when they are required. Losers blame the refs. This loss is on the coaches and every veteran on the team. No leadership out there today. Barkley is either injured or Joe Moorehead has found a way to shackle him that no defensive coordinator has been able to do until recently.
Blaming the coach in every loss is kind of a loser trait as well.

Yes it was. 2 pass rushers converging and taking the the QB down backwards right after the ball was released. No high hit to the head. Just a bullshit call they felt like making since they called one on MSU.
Bullshit.
Watch again. The call was on Allen who came in low and late. Much later than the one they called on Trace on our last series.

He'd be crazy to risk that. Besides, we're probably going to be no better next year.

It is a process getting to be a top team in the trenches, as we PSU fans are seeing with our OL. Bring in top talent, which CJF is, and develop it. And for all but the very few top players, that takes a few years, playing as RS Juniors and Seniors. I'm as dissappointed as everyone here, but last year was a great year with some signature come from behind close wins. That magic is hard to replicate every week, which we have seen the last two weeks, losing 2 games by a total of 4 points..... Godwin making unbelievable catches can erase those deficits. We had key drops by Thompkins and others tonight, and MSU receivers made some very difficult catches. That's football.

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
We have our weak spots and they hurt us today. I'll also say that when interceptions are happening because your pulling a guy back by the hips or shoulder pads it should be called. We had a guy get held by his pants running downfield with a ref in position to see it...I've never seen that. No call, mind blown.

oh we can talk about it..guess your were seeing something different???

Bottom line all the happy 'we are having a good season folks' can enjoy their el paso bowl or whatever and have faith that PSU wont lose two next year. Keep on livin the dream as they say
I guess Ohio State fans ought to hang it up too.

The fun thing here in Columbus was that, with 4 minutes to go, tOSU's flagship radio station cut away from the football game for a tOSU hockey game. Yeah, it's schadenfreude--but it's all I got right now. Glad I missed the game. Mrs. KG wanted to go to dinner.

The fourth down incomplete pass is being debated a lot. Should the receiver caught it probably. However you are throwing a short slant that pass should be thrown into the receivers gut. A big time QB makes that throw. It is about moving the chains. Tough catch if he makes it but it should never come to the receiver having to make a tough catch. He was open.

Reactions: grinagrin
I guess Ohio State fans ought to hang it up too.

They'll clearly be upset but it will be tempered by Penn State's loss. That basically gave OSU a pass today. As long as they beat MSU (? next week?) then they still go to the big ten championship game IIRC. In terms of the playoff, I think the big ten is out this year unless Wisconsin runs the table.

The fourth down incomplete pass is being debated a lot. Should the receiver caught it probably. However you are throwing a short slant that pass should be thrown into the receivers gut. A big time QB makes that throw. It is about moving the chains. Tough catch if he makes it but it should never come to the receiver having to make a tough catch. He was open.
Did you see the catches the MSU receivers were making? That one wasn't nearly as tough as many they pulled off.

Meanwhile, Iowa shows the world how crappy Ohio State really is. Something we should have been able to do a week ago. Whatever. At least we are past the sanction years and had a real shot at being relevant the past two years. It will get better.

This one is on Trace and the coaching staff.

He throw the darn ball way too high many times.

Watch the tape again yourself!!! Watch the tape of the entire game if it helps you better!!
Yeah dingle berry, it's all on Trace. He did an awful job covering the MSU Wr's and an even worse job run blocking not to mention his poor pass rushing effort. Keep Stevens sack moist, it's what you do best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT