ADVERTISEMENT

Official "PSU gets no respect" whine thread

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
Every time some TV announcer says something nice about someone else's quarterback, someone's got to start a "so and so obviously hates PSU" thread. Same thing every time someone dares to predict 4 teams not named Penn State in the playoff.

Or someone makes a joke about Beaver Stadium being an erector set. Or anybody who forgets that the Creamery Ice Cream is the greatest frozen confection in the history of the world. Or forgets that Joe Paterno was the best coach of any sport, ever, at least back to the glory days of Sparta and Athens. Or someone dares to rate one of our recruits three stars when an obviously inferior player for Ohio State gets four stars.

Clearly the world is out to get us. All 6.5 billion non-Penn-Staters (and more disrespectful people being born every day!). You'd think they would be worried about war, terrorism, floods, etc. but instead they just keep sitting around thinking of ways to say disrespectful things about our school and our team. It's so annoying!

So why not a pinned thread just so we can keep all the hourly updates of lack-of-respect news in one place! I'm sure if we all do our part, we can make this thread 200 pages in no time.

Every time some TV announcer says something nice about someone else's quarterback, someone's got to start a "so and so obviously hates PSU" thread. Same thing every time someone dares to predict 4 teams not named Penn State in the playoff.

Or someone makes a joke about Beaver Stadium being an erector set. Or anybody who forgets that the Creamery Ice Cream is the greatest frozen confection in the history of the world. Or forgets that Joe Paterno was the best coach of any sport, ever, at least back to the glory days of Sparta and Athens. Or someone dares to rate one of our recruits three stars when an obviously inferior player for Ohio State gets four stars.

Clearly the world is out to get us. All 6.5 billion non-Penn-Staters (and more disrespectful people being born every day!). You'd think they would be worried about war, terrorism, floods, etc. but instead they just keep sitting around thinking of ways to say disrespectful things about our school and our team. It's so annoying!

So why not a pinned thread just so we can keep all the hourly updates of lack-of-respect news in one place! I'm sure if we all do our part, we can make this thread 200 pages in no time.

Here you go - Penn State the most embarassing powerhouse program in college football, according to the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-2017-grid-of-shame-1504194945

Seems more like the tboyer is a moron and is going to prove it thread. Some pretty dumb shit you posted.

Reactions: lionroar88
New ESPN Animated 'Who's In?' spot is out. See if the #6 team in the country is represented:

espn-cfb-playoff-PAGE-2017-840x460.jpg

New ESPN Animated 'Who's In?' spot is out. See if the #6 team in the country is represented:

espn-cfb-playoff-PAGE-2017-840x460.jpg
Gotta be a legitimate reason that all the other teams are there, just not PSU. I'm sure tboyer has an explanation.

Reactions: tboyer
Gotta be a legitimate reason that all the other teams are there, just not PSU. I'm sure tboyer has an explanation.
Well, not Wisconsin, Auburn, Stanford, Georgia ... basically A LOT of teams better than ND

requires subscription

I hate to ask, but what do they say?

I could view without a subscription but it's basically a grid - Penn State is in the lower right hand part of the grid signalling the most embarrassing powerhouse program in CFB.

Herbstreit said nice things about Dickey LaGow last night. Clearly, this is a direct result of his deep hatred for all things Penn State.

Reactions: tboyer
Seems more like the tboyer is a moron and is going to prove it thread. Some pretty dumb shit you posted.

Geez, Bud, lighten up. College football is supposed to be fun. Some people on this board get so dark and angry all the time. This should be the happiest time of year for a lot of us, why spend it being perpetually outraged?

Herbstreit said nice things about Dickey LaGow last night. Clearly, this is a direct result of his deep hatred for all things Penn State.

Yes, that Herbstreit, the guy who had to move his family out of Columbus, Ohio because they weren't physically safe from the more fanatical Bucknuts.

requires subscription

I hate to ask, but what do they say?
I believe is was just a 2 axis graph, with the x being wins/losses and the y being acclaimed to embarrassment or at least along those lines. It was awhile ago.

Success with Honor has added and continues to add incredible value, achievement, influence and has served and continues to serve to deliver positive results in a multitude of areas that goes way beyond PSU. Occasionally it receives a modest level of respect from the media but generally their perspective falls way short of receiving the respect it's earned and deserves and sometimes seems to shamefully precipitate ridiculous and totally unwarranted animosity. In my opinion, the root cause of the disdain is envy and jealousy fueled by deliberate ignorance (lack of knowledge and facts) and misperceptions that it's nothing more than a "holier than thou" attitude. How regretful that this is polar opposite from the truth as it truly is an inspiring, motivating, timeless platform that is helping to bring out the best in thousands of people. Thank you JoePa for instilling it into our culture and to CJF for continuing to support and uphold it's principles.

Reactions: green2623

Well I dunno, for me my whine started during pre-game last night when Joe Tessitore and some other ESPN guy walked behind the Ahia defense, which was lined up at the goal line, and started whiffing @sses. Then my whine capped off with Herbie's incessant bloviating over "Ahia State this and Ahia State that." Other than that I've no complaints. Let's take it to 400 pages if need be.

Watch out if penn state wins and is In championship game could you imagine the protesting that will happen leading up to the game as well as outside at game time. It will be fun to watch! Beat Akron!

Geez, Bud, lighten up. College football is supposed to be fun. Some people on this board get so dark and angry all the time. This should be the happiest time of year for a lot of us, why spend it being perpetually outraged?

Well, you are the one who started this idiotic thread, so you tell us.

I wish I could answer the question. Why are so many PSU fans always so angry and bitter with the rest of the world? Endlessly seeing slights and picking fights?

Is it one of those low-self-esteem Pennsylvania things? I love Pa, grew up here, spent a lot of my life here, but geez, sometimes I wish the whole state could just get electroshock therapy. That dark depressive quality that Philadelphia Eagles fans are known for (not entirely unjustifiably) is also in a lot of PSU fans. Maybe they could put some Prozac in the water.

I remember last time Akron played PSU at the Beav, I was there, PSU had a hard time winning the game and it felt like a whole stadium full of people grumbling and complaining. And I was thinking -- why spend all that money to go see a game to just be angry about it. If being a PSU football fan isn't fun, why do it?

I never realized how many whiners and complainers there were in the PSU fan base until I got on this site. The refs, announcers, media, BigTen, and almost everyone else are in on one big conspiracy against PSU.

Reactions: WDLion
I never realized how many whiners and complainers there were in the PSU fan base until I got on this site. The refs, announcers, media, BigTen, and almost everyone else are in on one big conspiracy against PSU.
What really sucks is it's true.

oh god, if they get off to a slow start , as they just might, this place will be on suicide watch.

I wish I could answer the question. Why are so many PSU fans always so angry and bitter with the rest of the world? Endlessly seeing slights and picking fights?

Is it one of those low-self-esteem Pennsylvania things? I love Pa, grew up here, spent a lot of my life here, but geez, sometimes I wish the whole state could just get electroshock therapy. That dark depressive quality that Philadelphia Eagles fans are known for (not entirely unjustifiably) is also in a lot of PSU fans. Maybe they could put some Prozac in the water.

I remember last time Akron played PSU at the Beav, I was there, PSU had a hard time winning the game and it felt like a whole stadium full of people grumbling and complaining. And I was thinking -- why spend all that money to go see a game to just be angry about it. If being a PSU football fan isn't fun, why do it?
Where have you been for the past 6 years?

Its about the drama. Romans went to the colosseum and no doubt saw their favorite gladiator struggle or fall. Think Mich fans were not grumbling when Appy State was lighting them up? Why did the Greeks go see Greek Tragedy plays.

I don't really think there's some vendetta by individuals like Herbstreit against PSU, but it's clear from watching Gameday this morning (so far) that Penn State isn't getting the respect that a #6 team usually gets. They went through a list of games at noon involving ranked teams and had no mention of PSU. And it's not just because we're playing a cupcake, there were plenty of top 10 teams they mentioned with a cupcake today.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I don't really think there's some vendetta by individuals like Herbstreit against PSU, but it's clear from watching Gameday this morning (so far) that Penn State isn't getting the respect that a #6 team usually gets. They went through a list of games at noon involving ranked teams and had no mention of PSU. And it's not just because we're playing a cupcake, there were plenty of top 10 teams they mentioned with a cupcake today.
Many people didn't like PSU before the scandal for no reason. Now they have a reason. If people don't see a bias against PSU, they're deliberately not looking. Many of the talking heads obviously don't like PSU and do not want to associate their network or show with what happened there. That's why they won't even be bothered to dig deeper to get more of the truth. They don't care about anything more than having more reasons to hate Penn State. If you didn't follow PSU, you wouldn't think they were even ranked based on the coverage.

Gee, another post from Eeyore hamering PSU and PSU fans (and defending the biased LIAR, duhO$U homer-spinner "traditional b1g" poor-loser, classless douche, unprofessional Herbie the Homer - go figure! According to Eeyore here, Herbie The Homer was being perfectly "unbiased" and simply "reporting" when he spouted his spew of LIE afteer LIE that DEMEANED PSU Student-Athletes and their accomplishments last year after PSU DEFEATED duhO$U in a highly unprofessional attempt to "build up" duhO$U's candidacy for the sham "invitational" fraudulently labeled a "playoff" between BCS Conference Champions. Eeyore's notion that Herbie The duhO$U Shill's claims last year after the PSU - duhO$U game are anything other than made-up bull$hit lies or even remotely represent reality just because scumbag, typical classless b1g poor-loser Herbstreit said them is about as laughable as Eeyore claiming he's a big PSU fan and thinking it has us all fooled....LMAO!).

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Many people didn't like PSU before the scandal for no reason. Now they have a reason. If people don't see a bias against PSU, they're deliberately not looking. Many of the talking heads obviously don't like PSU and do not want to associate their network or show with what happened there. That's why they won't even be bothered to dig deeper to get more of the truth. They don't care about anything more than having more reasons to hate Penn State. If you didn't follow PSU, you wouldn't think they were even ranked based on the coverage.

All the hate based on a completely bull$hit "False Narrative" made-up crap by corrupt, unethical, power-abusing, immoral, hypocritical scumbag PA Lawyers-Turned-Politicians, but the talking heads at ESPN love F$U who fires Professors and sacrifices FRESHMAN female FSU students to protect rapists and academic fraud cheaters on the football team.....and to "gain advantage" on the football field in CLEAR VIOLATION OF NCAA RULES - go figure!

All the hate based on a completely bull$hit "False Narrative" made-up crap by corrupt, unethical, power-abusing, immoral, hypocritical scumbag PA Lawyers-Turned-Politicians, but the talking heads at ESPN love F$U who fires Professors and sacrifices FRESHMAN female FSU students to protect rapists and academic fraud cheaters on the football team.....and to "gain advantage" on the football field in CLEAR VIOLATION OF NCAA RULES - go figure!
You're in mid-season form.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Its about the drama. Romans went to the colosseum and no doubt saw their favorite gladiator struggle or fall. Think Mich fans were not grumbling when Appy State was lighting them up? Why did the Greeks go see Greek Tragedy plays.

Well the Greeks went to Greek Tragedy plays because comedy was never introduced to Greek Society until My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

Clearly the OP has no respect for our whiners as the frequency of our whines is much more than hourly. Hourly whines are for Pitt fans.

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." - Harlan Ellison

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitt1300
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT