ADVERTISEMENT

Ocean City Maryland

donaldopa

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2002
taking the family to OC for a long weekend. Any thoughts where two elders can escape to for music and possibly dancing ? Sixties to the eighties would be great.

There are a number of places along the boardwalk. Doubt you'll find a place playing classical music though. ;)

My wife and I (in our 40s) took our kids (6 and 4) to OC last year and Myrtle Beach this year. Have to say there is a lot more to do in MB than OC, but OC's boardwalk is 1,000,000x better than MB. OC is also quite a bit cheaper than MB as well for attractions. Have fun!

There are a number of places along the boardwalk. Doubt you'll find a place playing classical music though. ;)

My wife and I (in our 40s) took our kids (6 and 4) to OC last year and Myrtle Beach this year. Have to say there is a lot more to do in MB than OC, but OC's boardwalk is 1,000,000x better than MB. OC is also quite a bit cheaper than MB as well for attractions. Have fun!

Always liked MB better for the kids. Never went to the actual Boardwalk in MB. The boardwalks that surround the lakes (Barefoot Landing and the other one (can't remember the name] are much better than the actual boardwalk. Housing was certainly cheaper there and much nicer, especially the north side.

If you guys are into some oldies stuff, you have to go to Wildwood, NJ. It's a bit before my time, but the doo-wop vibe and old-style motels are very nostalgic. There's a 50's tour that goes out every evening, but there's a 50's weekend October 13th and 14th. Never been there for that, but my wife and I will go one of these years.

Was.just there, there is indeed a concert series right along the boardwalk down around 1st Street or a little towards the pier and yes, they played 8Os just this past Tuesday night. Batman DJed and there was a cover band. They post the schedule down around there as well.

Not an oldies guy, but we always go to Fager's Island for the sunset party. There is a wide mix of ages there. We will likely be there on Sunday night.

Reactions: sluggo72
Was at OC just last week. Depends on the type of music you want, and if you want to travel. Seacrets on 49th has the Jim Long band on Friday and Sunday. I believe their gig is 5 to 9. Good music, and Jim is a good entertainer. They do some of the older stuff. Even on the off nights, they have decent entertainment. Get there before 5 to avoid a cover charge.

M R Ducks on Somerset & the Bay also offers oldies. Some are by DJ and they also have small bands that cater to oldies.

Pick up a local newspaper. They have lots of ads that show the entertainment. They're free and can be found in nearly any store, restaurant or bar.

taking the family to OC for a long weekend. Any thoughts where two elders can escape to for music and possibly dancing ? Sixties to the eighties would be great.

You're going to either want BJ's or Fager's probably.

Looks like Transfuzion is at BJ's which is all classic rock. Fager's has Jumper, who is entertaining but plays everything from Sweet Caroline to that god awful "why you have to be so rude" song, that'll be a mix of ages and temperaments.

If you do decide to go to Seacrets, don't go too early or it'll just be a crowd of obliterated 20 somethings after a day of drinking frozen cocktails in the bay, and don't stay too late or you'll wonder how the country is going to survive another 50 years. You know what, just don't go to Seacrets at all.

BJ's is probably your best bet. It's on 75th St. bayside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT