ADVERTISEMENT

O Play Calling

MacNit7

Aug 22, 2015
Seems to be pretty solid now...as/if the OLine gets better, then I think we will see Hack take a few more shots down the field.

Overall I like the mix the last couple of games - keeping the Opposition D off balance and putting players in position to be successful - kudos!

This team will go as far as an improving OLine allows. A tall task in that they are thin, inexperienced, and not at the talent level of the skill positions. As that improves over the next few years, we will eventually become an elite team.

Patience....!

I disagree. We are having a major problem converting 3rd downs. Why, because of the second down play calls. Calling runs on second and 8 or more is putting us far off schedule and we end up in too many third and longs which we are challenged to convert. More priority needs to be put on making first downs. Football is a ground acquisition sport. You do that by making first downs. If more diverse play calls were made on second down, we would end up in better third situations and would take pressure off Hack.

In addition, our passing game is a wreck due to the poor design of the route packages and failure to "out formation" the defense.

After I posted this I noticed it was my 409th message.

Reactions: rudedude
Seems to be pretty solid now...as/if the OLine gets better, then I think we will see Hack take a few more shots down the field.

Overall I like the mix the last couple of games - keeping the Opposition D off balance and putting players in position to be successful - kudos!

This team will go as far as an improving OLine allows. A tall task in that they are thin, inexperienced, and not at the talent level of the skill positions. As that improves over the next few years, we will eventually become an elite team.

Patience....!
They definitely put the Temple debacle behind them.

MUCH better the last few weeks......which, I guess, ain't saying much :-(

But, truthfully, much better

Ya' gotta' work with...what you have to work with.

Things will continue to be limited and sub-optimal (especially if Lynch/Barkley are out for any length of time)....but certainly a couple of steps in the right direction.

Patience....!
They definitely put the Temple debacle behind them.

MUCH better the last few weeks......which, I guess, ain't saying much :-(

But, truthfully, much better

Ya' gotta' work with...what you have to work with.

Things will continue to be limited and sub-optimal (especially if Lynch/Barkley are out for any length of time)....but certainly a couple of steps in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT