ADVERTISEMENT

O M G Bucco Fans

bjf1984

Sep 8, 2014
Cards up on the hapless Brew Crew 3-1 in the ninth.

Rosenthal in to close out:

SIngle, HPB, BB, GRANDSLAM HR.

Assuming they go down here....their last two losses will be the most "Un-Cardinal Like" of the entire season

Maybe they can hear the Pirate Cannons booming on the horizon?

Brewers with a 7 run 9th on the road. Lead by 5. Bucs will have tough game tonite but the Division is in their control, even with a loss.

Assuming they go down here....their last two losses will be the most "Un-Cardinal Like" of the entire season

I turned the game off after the 7th. Wow! Thats gotta pump up the bucs for the game tonight.

Reactions: fairgambit

Egg on face OP.

Please wash & dry thoroughly.

Thank you!

;););)

Last edited:
Looks like AJ brought the wrong "it" tonight. How in the world do you give up a home run to the opposing pitcher?!?

Looks like AJ brought the wrong "it" tonight. How in the world do you give up a home run to the opposing pitcher?!?
Well, it looks bad but as we saw today with the Brewers, that's why they play 9 innings. Best of all, the Brewers gave us the luxury of a loss tonight.

Well, it looks bad but as we saw today with the Brewers, that's why they play 9 innings. Best of all, the Brewers gave us the luxury of a loss tonight.

I still think we'll get the W, I just don't think it'll be AJ earning it. I'm looking for the sweep of the Cards next week doing more than putting us in a tie!

It also doesn't help when the umpire literally handed the Cubs a run in the first by squeezing the plate on Burnett, yet he gave Arrietta strikes on pitches that were clearly not in the zone. Changes the entire tone of the game and the hitters' approach. I'm for eliminating the home plate umpire from making ball/strike calls. It's BS. And the technology is there to do it.

It also doesn't help when the umpire literally handed the Cubs a run in the first by squeezing the plate on Burnett, yet he gave Arrietta strikes on pitches that were clearly not in the zone. Changes the entire tone of the game and the hitters' approach. I'm for eliminating the home plate umpire from making ball/strike calls. It's BS. And the technology is there to do it.

The above mentioned was the EXACT recipe for many of the Atlanta Braves wins so long ago!

The above mentioned was the EXACT recipe for many of the Atlanta Braves wins so long ago!
Yep, remember it well. Selectively giving certain pitchers all of the calls. And the old excuse. "Well, if your say, Glavine, etc. you're gonna get that call." Complete B.S.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So we don't get to raise it tonight, but the boys just finished an eight game winning streak. We're going to have to settle for pulling even with the Cards after a sweep, then either win one more than they do in the final series or there will be a one game playoff for the division championship. Provided all this comes to pass, that game would be in Pittsburgh.

I'd rather the Bucs were only two back instead of three, but I still like our chances. At least their fate is in their own hands.

So we don't get to raise it tonight, but the boys just finished an eight game winning streak. We're going to have to settle for pulling even with the Cards after a sweep, then either win one more than they do in the final series or there will be a one game playoff for the division championship. Provided all this comes to pass, that game would be in Pittsburgh.

I'd rather the Bucs were only two back instead of three, but I still like our chances. At least their fate is in their own hands.
Amen brother. This is our year. Division, WC, home, away, the Bucs will get it done.

Reactions: hagberg
Amen brother. This is our year. Division, WC, home, away, the Bucs will get it done.

I live close to Baltimore, so the only way it could be better is if the O's had played well enough this year to make it to the WS.

Not that I care about the O's, but I could go to the games here. Plus, beating the O's to win the WS is sort of our thing (at least, that's what I tell my friends who are O's fans!).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT