ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we got Castro-Fields, let's all go over quietly to the Pitt board and

Maybe you can actually beat them on the field instead of the Internet..

50-43-4. You mean like that?

Looking forward to September. Enjoy your class of also-rans. I'm sure Nardouche will coach them up to his standards...

Reactions: TheGLOV
Just saw this at a different site.....Pitt National Champs in 1918 with a 4-1 record. No wonder they declare "9 National Championships."

"1918 Pittsburgh 4-1-0 No bowl- Glenn "Pop" Warner"

I am banned on the Pitt board and I never posted or visited. The first time I tried to visit I was told I was banned.

Just saw this at a different site.....Pitt National Champs in 1918 with a 4-1 record. No wonder they declare "9 National Championships."

"1918 Pittsburgh 4-1-0 No bowl- Glenn "Pop" Warner"

You know, PSU could do the same thing, and in FACT PSU has more of a leg to stand on than Pitt: Most Historians now are crediting PENN STATE with the National Championship in both 1911 and 1912. If Penn State wanted to, it could claim 4 National Championships instead of 2. That's actually a fact.

Maybe you can actually beat them on the field instead of the Internet..

The season is more than one game, sometimes teams like Pitt get lucky and PSU drops the wide open game winning pass. I'm pretty sure 11-3 in the best P5 division is better than 8-5 in the worst P5 division. No one in this world would trade what PSU did last season for what Pitt did.

"Meltdown?" Please get serious, Pitt is elated with it's class. They have a few 4 star recruits and mostly 3 star recruits. Does it match PSU's excellent recruiting class?..Of course not. Despite the over the top dislike for Narduzzi on this board, Pitt's recruits basically chose Pitt because of the high regard they and their families have for him.
We are not all the crazies on the Lair that this board seems to think (BTW you have your share too lol), and the PSU trolls over there are as bad as the trolls you see here.
Will our recruits make a difference next year? Aside from Paris Ford, I doubt it, but in
time IMO, they will. Do I expect us to be heavy underdogs against PSU in the
fall? ...Absolutely. Will your players be in a battle that game? ... No bout a doubt it lol.
We're very happy with our progress. Given where we were with the coaching
turnstile we had for several years, two back to back 8-5 years is progress. This year and
last year were very good recruiting classes for us. In the mean time, Congrats on a great recruiting class and on your pre season ranking for 2017.

"Meltdown?" Please get serious, Pitt is elated with it's class. They have a few 4 star recruits and mostly 3 star recruits. Does it match PSU's excellent recruiting class?..Of course not. Despite the over the top dislike for Narduzzi on this board, Pitt's recruits basically chose Pitt because of the high regard they and their families have for him.
We are not all the crazies on the Lair that this board seems to think (BTW you have your share too lol), and the PSU trolls over there are as bad as the trolls you see here.
Will our recruits make a difference next year? Aside from Paris Ford, I doubt it, but in
fall? ...Absolutely. Will your players be in a battle that game? ... No bout a doubt it lol.
turnstile we had for several years, two back to back 8-5 years is progress. This year and
last year were very good recruiting classes for us. In the mean time, Congrats on a great recruiting class and on your pre season ranking for 2017.

Pitt's class has Paris Ford and 14 low rated 3 star recruits. Not mid level....low level as in just above 2 stars. Charles Reeves is ok but it came down to pitt and Syracuse. Anthony Davis was mysteriously down to Louisville and Pitt at the end when neither were really in it months ago. I think he was told no by schools that he really wanted. Pitt is bragging about Michael Smith as if he is Jerry Rice yet no Florida schools offered in his home state. Can you imagine landing a good wr in Pa with no Pitt, PSU, or Temple offers?

Narduzzi has a method...he strikes out throughout the year...lands a few Pittsburgh kids and a few mid level prospects before the season ..then in January he takes a bunch of kids who at one time were rated decently but teams soured on

Pitt's class has Paris Ford and 14 low rated 3 star recruits. Not mid level....low level as in just above 2 stars. Charles Reeves is ok but it came down to pitt and Syracuse. Anthony Davis was mysteriously down to Louisville and Pitt at the end when neither were really in it months ago. I think he was told no by schools that he really wanted. Pitt is bragging about Michael Smith as if he is Jerry Rice yet no Florida schools offered in his home state. Can you imagine landing a good wr in Pa with no Pitt, PSU, or Temple offers?

Narduzzi has a method...he strikes out throughout the year...lands a few Pittsburgh kids and a few mid level prospects before the season ..then in January he takes a bunch of kids who at one time were rated decently but teams soured on

Let's see if I have this right...."Narduzzi has a method....he strikes out throughout the year, lands a few Pittsburgh kids, and a few mid level prospects before the season...
then in January he takes a bunch of kids who at one time were rated decently but teams soured on."
Yes you're right, he does all this and then beats Penn St. Oh.wait, also the National Champion, Clemson and finishes 8-5 for the second year in a row.
Did we lose our bowl game due to multiple injuries...yes. But there's definitely
an upward trend at Pitt. Congrats on your great recruiting class and pre season ranking.

Let's see if I have this right...."Narduzzi has a method....he strikes out throughout the year, lands a few Pittsburgh kids, and a few mid level prospects before the season...
then in January he takes a bunch of kids who at one time were rated decently but teams soured on."
Yes you're right, he does all this and then beats Penn St. Oh.wait, also the National Champion, Clemson and finishes 8-5 for the second year in a row.
Did we lose our bowl game due to multiple injuries...yes. But there's definitely
an upward trend at Pitt. Congrats on your great recruiting class and pre season ranking.

What does two fluke wins have to do with back to back mediocre signing day classes that haven't seen the field. He should be giving Paul chryst a back massage for the oline he gave him and Matt Canada a reach around for saving his ass this year

Mike you hit the nail on the head with Narrdogs recruiting method.I told my son the exact same thing this week.He got this from the Pirates and their free agent strategy with them signing off the scrap pile and hoping.But the Pirates and Pitt have gotten some good results with this method.Darrdog can't bring in these guys during the year because of Pitts gameday atmosphere or lack thereof!He has to use this method of lurking untill January and then bring in kids who's top choices didn't work out for them.They're in desperation mode and he reaches out and snags a few.He must do this it's his only choice at this time.

Chescat if you have the same philosophy in basketball Shilling is doing a hell of a job at Pitt!You Pitters are all about big wins and not the whole picture.Pitt has beat VA,MD and Marquette this year so I guess your saying this is a great year for Pitt BB????It doesn't matter that you have 10 loses you beat three teams that are or were top 25,you Pitters are a strange fans!

Mike you hit the nail on the head with Narrdogs recruiting method.I told my son the exact same thing this week.He got this from the Pirates and their free agent strategy with them signing off the scrap pile and hoping.But the Pirates and Pitt have gotten some good results with this method.Darrdog can't bring in these guys during the year because of Pitts gameday atmosphere or lack thereof!He has to use this method of lurking untill January and then bring in kids who's top choices didn't work out for them.They're in desperation mode and he reaches out and snags a few.He must do this it's his only choice at this time.

Their entire class is Corey Bolds type recruits. Corey had a great offer list and may turn out to be great, but he was a late in the process kid whose offers didn't match who was coming after him at the end of the cycle

Last edited:

Oh, so injuries count when Pitt clearly gets outplayed by NW, but when a depleted PSU team hands Pitt the game twice in the final 2 minutes... you don't want to consider injuries. Got it.

Reactions: lionroar88

I think you make some good points. However, you lose credibility when you attribute your bowl loss to injuries and don't mention the PSU injury situation in the Pitt Game. So either Pitt was lucky to win (dropped TD and unforced int.) in addition to a decimated linebacker corps........or injuries are part of the game and no asterisk on your loss to Northwestern (6-6).

You know, PSU could do the same thing, and in FACT PSU has more of a leg to stand on than Pitt: Most Historians now are crediting PENN STATE with the National Championship in both 1911 and 1912. If Penn State wanted to, it could claim 4 National Championships instead of 2. That's actually a fact.

Pitt fans don't like, nor can they grasp the concept of 'facts'. They are very much like the snowflakes. When you hit them with a fact, they get flustered and start talking about something totally unrelated but in their warped sense of time and world they somehow can perform a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and make them related.

He also let Syracuse put up a 61-spot in their barnburner of a season finale. 61 points. To Syracuse.

Barring PSU losing half its starters to injury / illness, and Max Browne inexplicably being the second coming of Carson Palmer, Pitt's going to get murdered in State College this fall.

I think you make some good points. However, you lose credibility when you attribute your bowl loss to injuries and don't mention the PSU injury situation in the Pitt Game. So either Pitt was lucky to win (dropped TD and unforced int.) in addition to a decimated linebacker corps........or injuries are part of the game and no asterisk on your loss to Northwestern (6-6).

I didn't need to mention it because it didn't pertain to the thread. Now, since you mention it of course Pitt played a great game against a Penn St. team with not only injuries, but also fairly inexperienced at the beginning of the season. I've mentioned on posts numerous time that we caught PSU at a point in the season that favored us. In fact we were only favored to win by 3.5 pts. I've said again and again that had we played PSU late in the season it probably would have been much different. Your guys returned from injuries, we lost several key players at that point. You also were a far more experienced team at the end of the season....I totally get it. However, the problem lies in the fact that other posters on here (not you) think Pitt's program is in the dumps, when in fact it's on the upswing. Two 8-5 seasons in a row might be a disaster in Nittanyville (yeah right lol), but we're happy with it and see an upswing occurring.

I didn't need to mention it because it didn't pertain to the thread. Now, since you mention it of course Pitt played a great game against a Penn St. team with not only injuries, but also fairly inexperienced at the beginning of the season. I've mentioned on posts numerous time that we caught PSU at a point in the season that favored us. In fact we were only favored to win by 3.5 pts. I've said again and again that had we played PSU late in the season it probably would have been much different. Your guys returned from injuries, we lost several key players at that point. You also were a far more experienced team at the end of the season....I totally get it. However, the problem lies in the fact that other posters on here (not you) think Pitt's program is in the dumps, when in fact it's on the upswing. Two 8-5 seasons in a row might be a disaster in Nittanyville (yeah right lol), but we're happy with it and see an upswing occurring.
I can concur with much of what you say.

There are nuts on every board. I was actually impressed with PITTs final ranking and I say that because I just don't see the allure. That is not a shot, but I think recruiting when you play off campus in a pro stadium has to be challenging.

Problem with Pitt, is that Nard will leave when a better job is offered. If he has a comparable season this year, he will be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT