ADVERTISEMENT

Now home chilled but dry, a couple of questions.

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
Like a healthy dog’s nose, it was cold and wet today.
But, as many of you know me by now, it was a good time because my son was with me from GVSU.
Third quarter moved to first row 10-yard line behind Blue Band. Great view of game.
Fourth quarter moved to other end right behind PSU bench.
A) What was the deal with Parsons? He was wrapped in two coats, sat in front of the heater, had a manager put his stocking cap on him as he sat on the bench. Was he injured? Maybe sick? He was not in the game at all (as in following the action), and just sat there wanting it to end (see C)
B) #7, Brisker. Whatever he did at the end to get the PF, did not sit well with Franklin. Franklin walked him off the field with hand over his mouth and I think they talked Brisker’s family and their Christmas plans!:eek:
C) I’m cold and wet, but we were staying till the end. QUIT THROWING THE BALL WITH 6:00 REMAINING AND A 21-POINT LEAD. What in the world was that all about?? Why?
D) Saw Shelton’s tweet posted here, what did he do?

OL

But, as many of you know me by now, it was a good time because my son was with me from GVSU.
Third quarter moved to first row 10-yard line behind Blue Band. Great view of game.
A) What was the deal with Parsons? He was wrapped in two coats, sat in front of the heater, had a manager put his stocking cap on him as he sat on the bench. Was he injured? Maybe sick? He was not in the game at all (as in following the action), and just sat there wanting it to end (see C)
B) #7, Brisker. Whatever he did at the end to get the PF, did not sit well with Franklin. Franklin walked him off the field with hand over his mouth and I think they talked Brisker’s family and their Christmas plans!:eek:
C) I’m cold and wet, but we were staying till the end. QUIT THROWING THE BALL WITH 6:00 REMAINING AND A 21-POINT LEAD. What in the world was that all about?? Why?

OL
A) Not sure about Parsons.
B) They showed Franklin’s ‘chat’ with Brisker on tv close up. Luckily couldn’t tell what was being said. :eek:
C). You sound like this board at that time. Don’t know if someone asked Franklin why in the presser.
D). He spit on a MSU player.

OL
Made that trip with my son on a whim back when Morelli was QB. It was a cold, windy rain that game as well. Not as heavy rain as today. And the ride home is always quicker after a win!

Reactions: OhioLion
There were times during the game where it looked like Parsons was holding his hand around his belt area. Like players do when their arm or wrist is hurt. But nobody said anything and he stayed on the field.
He got hit in the crown jewels anyone who has played understands the situation:D

Shelton was tackled with a choke hold on the play. Not an excuse but easy to understand why he was jawing on the play. Couple of late hits should have been called on MSU which would have controlled some of the other stuff.

I agree. Our players did some dumb stuff but if they refs would have been on the ball they would have stopped some of this. It seemed to me there was a lot of "pile diving" by the MSU players. I thought there should have been at least 1 targeting review. Again absolutely no excuse for our players its a bad look and they need to be smarter than that but the refs played a part.

From watching Brisker, you can tell right away how naturally talented he is - size, speed, athleticism - but he needs to learn to wrap up when tackling. He flew to the ball on a WR screen last night and had the guy for a 5 yard loss but he whiffed. Same thing last week - had Bell dead in the water on a 2nd and long and whiffed, Bell took it 40 yards to set up a TD. It was a huge swing.

He’s getting better each week though and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as an all BIG selection next year.

Brisker made a motion as if he was pulling the trigger of a gun. That will get flagged every time. We got it vs. Michigan too.

There were times during the game where it looked like Parsons was holding his hand around his belt area. Like players do when their arm or wrist is hurt. But nobody said anything and he stayed on the field.
Yes, saw it several times.

I agree. Our players did some dumb stuff but if they refs would have been on the ball they would have stopped some of this. It seemed to me there was a lot of "pile diving" by the MSU players. I thought there should have been at least 1 targeting review. Again absolutely no excuse for our players its a bad look and they need to be smarter than that but the refs played a part.
Good point....not only did it seem like there was some dirty play by the MSU O-line, there unequivocally WAS dirty play. I counted at least 4 times where an O lineman either came in to a pile late or was going long after the whistle. Almost like they were baiting us. We can't take the bait. While I agree that Shelton's ejection was understandable, there was a lot the refs could have done to keep it from having escalated like it did.

Reactions: BBrown
Good point....not only did it seem like there was some dirty play by the MSU O-line, there unequivocally WAS dirty play. I counted at least 4 times where an O lineman either came in to a pile late or was going long after the whistle. Almost like they were baiting us. We can't take the bait. While I agree that Shelton's ejection was understandable, there was a lot the refs could have done to keep it from having escalated like it did.

the OL for MSU was continually blocking after the whistle had blown. At one point, one of the DL was blocked into one of our LBs or secondary members long after the play was dead, someone easily could have gotten hurt. Right in front of the ref, and nothing called.
That and the hits that always seemed to come a fraction of a second too late probably pissed the players off.
MSU wasn't as obvious about it as Pitt, but it was clearly there. Think Franklin briefly touched upon on it in presser

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT