ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame GP loaded schedule.

Callthestall

Mar 14, 2016
A I noted last year, keep a eye on Notre Dame Green Pond becoming a power.
They just announced schedule for coming year. Should be a challenge.
Tournaments;
Escape the Rock, Beast of the East, Walsh Ironman and Trojan Wars
Tough Duals;
League Match, Saucon Valley
Independent ; BECA, and Bergen Catholic
Not too many teams in the State with schedule like that.

lehighvalleylive.com/qR4HY4l

A I noted last year, keep a eye on Notre Dame Green Pond becoming a power.
They just announced schedule for coming year. Should be a challenge.
Tournaments;
Escape the Rock, Beast of the East, Walsh Ironman and Trojan Wars
Tough Duals;
League Match, Saucon Valley
Independent ; BECA, and Bergen Catholic
Not too many teams in the State with schedule like that.

lehighvalleylive.com/qR4HY4l

Has Andrew Cerniglia decided on a college yet? If not, where’s he leaning? You seem connected to the program or at least a close follower of ND

Has Andrew Cerniglia decided on a college yet? If not, where’s he leaning? You seem connected to the program or at least a close follower of ND
I just follow the Lehigh Valley schools. Not typically a fan of the private schools but will never hold it against a kid that attends them.
My nephew is a coach at one of the better Lehigh Valley public schools and sometimes gives me some Intel.
I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Reactions: jschrantz
I just follow the Lehigh Valley schools. Not typically a fan of the private schools but will never hold it against a kid that attends them.
My nephew is a coach at one of the better Lehigh Valley public schools and sometimes gives me some Intel.
I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I also follow the Valley, have a nephew that coaches and share your sentiments on local private schools. Now, the real gem from ND obviously is Crookham, I know he’s super young but boy I hope we can keep him in state.

Reactions: Ja1339 and kevin310
https://mikeopen.blogspot.com/2019/06/wrestling-ungar-pburg-frosh-transfer-to.html?m=1

I’m hoping this kind of thing is short lived and they make these teams hold their own private state tournament. This kind of thing guts small schools and other small school teams can’t compete. The Notre Dame Community has to have a lot of school Spirit!
Unger is ranked top 10 nationally.

I'll disagree that this specific instance supports separating public vs. private. PIAA transfer rules do not prohibit athletics-based transfers for out-of-state students coming into PA -- so any public school could have recruited Unger and Garcia too. Doubly so for Garcia -- PIAA transfer rules also don't apply to students who have yet to enter 9th grade.

Speaking of transfers: have heard that Kolby Franklin (AA 195 runner-up to Gaige Garcia as a freshman last year) transferred to Wyoming Seminary. True?

The new PIAA rules from last year come into effect after 9th grade.

Same rules apply coming from out of state absolutely. Happened in D4 last year during the season. Kid was ruled ineligible as by the rule should’ve been.

I’m just saying I don’t like the Non Public Schools creating All Star teams to compete with Public schools although some of those have plenty of transfers as well. At least at schools like Southern Columbia you have to actually pick up and move (unless you play QB) , private schools you don’t have to move.

Garcia is an incoming freshman, so the after 9th grade part doesn't apply to him, right?

The new PIAA rules from last year come into effect after 9th grade.

Same rules apply coming from out of state absolutely. Happened in D4 last year during the season. Kid was ruled ineligible as by the rule should’ve been.

I’m just saying I don’t like the Non Public Schools creating All Star teams to compete with Public schools although some of those have plenty of transfers as well. At least at schools like Southern Columbia you have to actually pick up and move (unless you play QB) , private schools you don’t have to move.
Zain's mom and daad sold the old house, bought a new house in a different district, packed the family up and moved. Then the PIAA, at the bequest of a school district the Retherford family no longer lived in, no longer paid taxes to, and no longer had any business in what the Retherford family was up to, removed his wrestling eligibility for a year.

Moving does not keep adults from stomping their feet and in a child's rage cause harm to student-athletes, or real children.

I am all for the PIAA removing their noses' from families' private business. I do not care if a family moves from one district to another in the middle of a school year or athletic season. Once a family is responsible for paying taxes to a school district then that family's children should have access to all the school has to offer.

As far as private and public schools. It seems to me the PIAA is made up of member schools. Have a public state championship and a private state championship. BECA, Central Catholic, Notre Dame, St Joe's, Bishop Carroll, Bishop Guilfoyle and all the private schools should have their own championships and there is no need to have private face off against public.

Reactions: bilichjl
Hopefully they are known as the team that finally caused a change in the PIAA.

At the very least all these schools should be AAA but really a separate division.

Enough is enough of the put together super teams vs homegrown.

Hoping the new proposed legislation gets the PIAA acting. Because that law would be even worse than what we have now.

Hopefully they are known as the team that finally caused a change in the PIAA.

At the very least all these schools should be AAA but really a separate division.

Enough is enough of the put together super teams vs homegrown.

Hoping the new proposed legislation gets the PIAA acting. Because that law would be even worse than what we have now.
A thought: school classification based on total population of the school district, not enrollment.

Would force Beca and Beca Jr and Beca Boalsburg, etc., into the correct classification.

A thought: school classification based on total population of the school district, not enrollment.

Would force Beca and Beca Jr and Beca Boalsburg, etc., into the correct classification.
As noted earlier, I am not a big private school fan but never hold a grudge against the kids that wrestle at the programs.
In the last 40 + years only a few schools have declared up a class to take on better competition. BECA has declared up probably for the last 5+ years.
In the mid 70s Saucon Valley competed 3A when a typical class size was about 150 kids.
They won States in 1976.
That's all these programs can do. Wrestling only has 2 classes.
The one thing that is not understood about the Lehigh Valley is how close these schools are to each other. Easton,Nazareth, Liberty Freedom, Notre Dame GP and BECA are only probably 10 miles apart from each other.
The idea of transferring to other schools is not a logistic problem.

Any reason why why crookman isn’t ranked in flo’s newest rankings?
I believe I heard Willie say Crookham is dealing with an injury right now which is preventing him from competing in freestyle this year. Also he will likely be moving up at least 1 weight. Of note while he still won he didn’t quite seem himself at states. In a recent article Veres said he was competing hurt there. Shows how good he is.

Speaking of transfers: have heard that Kolby Franklin (AA 195 runner-up to Gaige Garcia as a freshman last year) transferred to Wyoming Seminary. True?

Willie has Franklin at Seminary in his latest rankings, along with Gregor McNeil (NY 99lb state champ at Hilton last year), Brennen Cemus (IN 106 state champ at Culver Academy last year), and Andrew Donohue (IN 182 state runner-up at Culver Academy last year).

I believe I heard Willie say Crookham is dealing with an injury right now which is preventing him from competing in freestyle this year. Also he will likely be moving up at least 1 weight. Of note while he still won he didn’t quite seem himself at states. In a recent article Veres said he was competing hurt there. Shows how good he is.
Thank you!

Culver must have a lot of transfers out. Kid that was helping at Jordan Camp one year left there to Western Reserve in IN or OH.

I knew kids who lived well off, but never had a I known kids who could just hop from one prep school to another, over state lines, who travelled over and hour each way to school and whatnot. Some of these kids have moneyyyyyy.

Culver must have a lot of transfers out. Kid that was helping at Jordan Camp one year left there to Western Reserve in IN or OH.

I knew kids who lived well off, but never had a I known kids who could just hop from one prep school to another, over state lines, who travelled over and hour each way to school and whatnot. Some of these kids have moneyyyyyy.

Which is why I laugh often when I read someone from the tHR that doesn't understand a kid coming to psu for much less than a full ride.

Sometimes I think that living in the land of corn and rotten interneting keeps them from realizing what all is going on around them.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT