ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Info Needed

PSU210

Oct 20, 2019
Line already from 21 to 24.
Heading out Thursday morning, really excited to see game and Chicago.
Gene and Georgetti's Steak Thursday night, last time was 30 years ago, best steak I ever had.
Margie's Candy and Ice Cream
Staying at Hyatt, Magnificent Mile
Boat Tour also.
Any other suggestions? Also, tickets? Wait till game time? Just went on Seat Geek and would have paid almost 160 with fees to sit in PSU section. Thinking about getting the 20 dollar student seat from NW students and making way up to PSU section.
Any recommendations/suggestions are welcome.........WE ARE!

Reactions: NedFromYork
If you are into ribs, and don't want to pay a fortune for dinner, go to Twin Anchors on Sedgwick. Neighborhood joint, don't take reservations, food and atmosphere are spectacular. One of Chicago's best kept secrets, was Sinatra's favorite rib joint in the city.

If you are into ribs, and don't want to pay a fortune for dinner, go to Twin Anchors on Sedgwick. Neighborhood joint, don't take reservations, food and atmosphere are spectacular. One of Chicago's best kept secrets, was Sinatra's favorite rib joint in the city.
Love Sinatra, might have to be a Friday or Saturday Night dinner...thank you!

Here are some suggestions:
-Take the El to the game. Get on the Red Line in the Loop, transfer (free) to the Purple line, at Howard, to Evanston. The El will be full of Penn State fans! Short pleasant walk to the stadium.
-Get an Italian beef sandwich or a Chicago-style hot dog. Mustard’s Last Stand near the stadium is iconic.
-Longman & Eagle for drinks or an upscale burger.

-Bardo is right, tickets will be easy.

—Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits for breakfast, trust me.

Last edited:
2 words: Lou Malnati’s

Also, taking the Purple Line is easy. Stop at the Cubbie Bear in Wrigleyville on the way home. Lots of fun.

Get tix in the parking lot. You won’t pay anywhere near face.

Gene and Georgetti's Steak Thursday night, last time was 30 years ago, best steak I ever had.
Boat Tour also.
Any other suggestions? Also, tickets? Wait till game time? Just went on Seat Geek and would have paid almost 160 with fees to sit in PSU section. Thinking about getting the 20 dollar student seat from NW students and making way up to PSU section.
Walker Brothers for breakfast.

Also, taking the Purple Line is easy. Stop at the Cubbie Bear in Wrigleyville on the way home. Lots of fun.

Even with a big upset of Minnesota and being 2-2 tickets that easy? Just don't want to get there and they become an issue...

Ditto on the Twin Anchors. Been going there since the 90’s. Great food and atmosphere.

Friday NU field hockey has a game at 3pm. The 3rd string goalie is amazing!!!!

Reactions: KCLion
Boat Tour also.
if the weather is nice the boat tour is surprisingly interesting and relaxing

Reactions: Monty2007
Even with a big upset of Minnesota and being 2-2 tickets that easy? Just don't want to get there and they become an issue...
I can't imagine you'll have any trouble finding cheap tickets. Go to the Alumni Association tent pre-game. It's likely someone there will have a ticket for you. I did that at Maryland 2 years ago and someone gave me one, no charge.

Cubbie Bear always a good time - too bad Cubs aren't in town - they are in the midst of a run to get a wild card spot so a home game would be fun.

I can't imagine you'll have any trouble finding cheap tickets. Go to the Alumni Association tent pre-game. It's likely someone there will have a ticket for you. I did that at Maryland 2 years ago and someone gave me one, no charge.
I've gotten free tickets pregame at Northwestern before also.

I’ve been to NW several times and never had an issue with cheap tickets outside the stadium. Funny story - my brother-in-law and I were walking through the parking lots in 1994 planning on buying tickets either at the ticket office or scalping something cheap. We were getting ready to make a purchase when a group tailgating yelled at us. They offered us tickets at no cost, all we had to do was take a slug off the whiskey bottle. Thankfully we only needed two tickets, because it was some pretty rough stuff. We were able to move around the stadium at will.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I’ve been to NW several times and never had an issue with cheap tickets outside the stadium. Funny story - my brother-in-law and I were walking through the parking lots in 1994 planning on buying tickets either at the ticket office or scalping something cheap. We were getting ready to make a purchase when a group tailgating yelled at us. They offered us tickets at no cost, all we had to do was take a slug off the whiskey bottle. Thankfully we only needed two tickets, because it was some pretty rough stuff. We were able to move around the stadium at will.

They've gone all digital since the last time we played them I believe.

Random question not specific to Northwestern (although I am going):

Is the alumni association tailgate (now called the Roar Tour, I believe) worth attending? I realize it's free but trying to determine if I should time my arrival so as to swing by. I usually have tailgate plans at away games, but am rolling solo to this game because I'm in town already for other reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT