ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Cain 2021 Edition...

LionsandBear

Dec 7, 2009
He still showed the ability to break tackles but what really stands out to me, as I'm watching the replay, is how much faster he looked in Week 1.

I know he didn't get the kind of yardage we would like in Week 1 but give Wiscy credit for having a very good Defense and a good scheme to put the game in Clifford's hands.

Hopefully Cain stays healthy because if he does, I think he'll have a big years and will probably earn a lot of money a year from now!

yep....agreed. Looked faster and more explosive. Lee, also, was a load but didn't get many opportunities. CJF's post game comments he mentions RB's who need to learn they can't "bounce it" in this league. You've got to run north and south.

yep....agreed. Looked faster and more explosive. Lee, also, was a load but didn't get many opportunities. CJF's post game comments he mentions RB's who need to learn they can't "bounce it" in this league. You've got to run north and south.

Yeah, CJFs comment was obviously about Lee.

He showed tremendous leg strength on TD. Got hit at two and just powered thru to the goal line
yeah that was great, I thought for sure he was stopped short but the lawn boyz are doing some nice drills and get that extra bit of yardage

The thing that stands out about Cain is that he makes “winning plays.”

I’m not even sure what I mean by that, but when he’s been healthy, it seems like he does something small (or a couple) that ends up being huge in the grand scheme of the thing. He’s not flashy, but he consistently gets the job done.

I’m not even sure what I mean by that, but when he’s been healthy, it seems like he does something small (or a couple) that ends up being huge in the grand scheme of the thing. He’s not flashy, but he consistently gets the job done.
The team also wins when he plays btw.

An unrecognized play by Noah Cain if I recall correctly. PSU was trying to run out the clock on their last possession. Clifford threw what was intended to be a safe pass but he threw it low. The clock stops if Cain doesn't go low to catch that pass.

On the screen pass to the sideline in the 4th Q, it looked like the Wisky defender had him dead in his sights at about the 20 yard line, yet he just bounced off Cain who took the ball to the five.

Reactions: royboy
I’ll go with yes, since we always handed off to him when he was standing still.
giphy.gif

Correct. That said, one of the runs when he ill-advisedly back-tracked was still damned impressive. Lost 3 yards, but broke 4 tackles in the process.
I agree! I thought if he could do this going north/south we could have another Curtis Enis.

He still showed the ability to break tackles but what really stands out to me, as I'm watching the replay, is how much faster he looked in Week 1.

I know he didn't get the kind of yardage we would like in Week 1 but give Wiscy credit for having a very good Defense and a good scheme to put the game in Clifford's hands.

Hopefully Cain stays healthy because if he does, I think he'll have a big years and will probably earn a lot of money a year from now!

Noah came alive in the 2nd half: the big run that finally woke up the rushing game; a couple swing passes in the 4th quarter where he made the first man miss to pick up critical yardage and keep a drive alive; the short touchdown where he willed himself across the goal line for the go-ahead score.

It all brought to mind the kind of player he was in 2019 before the injury. Remember the run late in the Iowa game that year where he powered to a first down in heavy traffic to put the game away? That's the player we saw in the 2nd half on Saturday.

This guy is a difference maker. Obviously the QB is crucial, not to mention having one of the top receivers in the college game. But to make the offense really work, we need Noah to make plays. During the 2nd half in Madison, he did just that. Just praying he can stay away from the injury bug.

Noah came alive in the 2nd half: the big run that finally woke up the rushing game; a couple swing passes in the 4th quarter where he made the first man miss to pick up critical yardage and keep a drive alive; the short touchdown where he willed himself across the goal line for the go-ahead score.

It all brought to mind the kind of player he was in 2019 before the injury. Remember the run late in the Iowa game that year where he powered to a first down in heavy traffic to put the game away? That's the player we saw in the 2nd half on Saturday.

This guy is a difference maker. Obviously the QB is crucial, not to mention having one of the top receivers in the college game. But to make the offense really work, we need Noah to make plays. During the 2nd half in Madison, he did just that. Just praying he can stay away from the injury bug.
The offense just seems to move the best when he comes in the game. I’d go back to early in the 2019 season, his true freshman season, the home game vs PITT when our offense was stagnant for a couple of quarters and then Cain gets inserted and we go on an 88yd drive while Cain converts a couple 3rd downs, catches passes out of the backfield, and has few long gainers on the ground and ends up scoring a 13yd TD, our game winning TD….of course he gets subbed out right after and doesn’t end up coming back in the game, a decision that had everybody puzzled and I remember CJF being questioned after the game about that dumb decision to not put him back in.

“I’m not even sure what I mean by that...” lol. We know it when we see it. Good call.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT