ADVERTISEMENT

No Live Wrestling for Me This Year

IndianaNittanyLion

Dec 8, 2015
On Christmas day, our celebrations were cut short with the unexpected news of my sister’s sudden death. She was a school nurse in Erie and was diagnosed with Covid four days before she passed away. She thought she could handle it, but the disease suddenly took a turn for the worse and she died in route to the hospital. She was 61 and was in good health. She will be buried tomorrow and I won’t attend the funeral. She was a strong Christian and her faith is a comfort to our family, but this has been a tough week.
This has been a sobering loss. My wife and I usually follow our guys when they wrestle at IU, Purdue, NW, Michigan, MSU and OSU. Not this year. For me, this was a game changer. The risk is too high. Like me, most of you are eager to see live action. Weigh the risk and protect yourselves.

On Christmas day, our celebrations were cut short with the unexpected news of my sister’s sudden death. She was a school nurse in Erie and was diagnosed with Covid four days before she passed away. She thought she could handle it, but the disease suddenly took a turn for the worse and she died in route to the hospital. She was 61 and was in good health. She will be buried tomorrow and I won’t attend the funeral. She was a strong Christian and her faith is a comfort to our family, but this has been a tough week.
This has been a sobering loss. My wife and I usually follow our guys when they wrestle at IU, Purdue, NW, Michigan, MSU and OSU. Not this year. For me, this was a game changer. The risk is too high. Like me, most of you are eager to see live action. Weigh the risk and protect yourselves.
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Not only do we all have a common interest in wrestling, we all have sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, children, and parents that we love and hold dear. I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful sister. You remind us what is truly important as we enter 2021. Prayers for you and your loved ones that 2021 will bring peace, health, and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
I am sorry for your loss, prayers for your family.

PSA - No idea if this applied to your sister, buy a pulse ox meter, the reading should be at least 95. It gets in the lows 90's seek medical attention immediately. I have a co-worker who waited, he had difficulty breathing before calling 911, (his reading was 87), he spent 10 days in the hospital and pulled through. Had he waited another day, he would have not made it.

Reactions: IndianaNittanyLion
So sorry for the loss of your sister, how hard it must be to lose someone on Christmas day, I cant imagine.

Sorry for your loss and for your sister. Thanks for having the courage to post this.

Sorry for your loss. My prayer for your sister and her family were said before I responded.

Sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

@IndianaNittanyLion -- my deepest condolences to your family and to you. Such sad news to receive on Christmas day.

Your words of caution to fans are quite wise. It appears that the B1G has determined that no fans will be permitted at any B1G wrestling duals/tris/etc., so regardless of one's personal beliefs on the subject, all fans are going to be in the same situation of having to watch TV or streaming versions of the matches, or listening to radio coverage.

School nurses are unsung heroes to society, with the number of young people they help.

May the Lord comfort your family and bless all of you thru 2021 and beyond. I'm 65 and had Covid in July so blessed to have been a lucky one...........

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Prayers for you and your family. My Dad at 88 passed away on Dec 16th from COVID. He contracted at his nursing home. He passed quickly after being diagnosed... about 5 days. He was from Madera PA and loved to hear about Nittany Lions wrestling.

What a nightmare! sorry and blessing to your family and hers. It's things like this that let us know how unimportant wrestling/sports really are! So sorry for you. 61 years young is way to soon. Hope she's going to see one she missed,God has a plan.

Sorry for your loss.

My wife who is 60 is a school nurse, just retired, and was working part time as substitute. She has been considering subbing again, but we have been reluctant. I think she will continue to stay retired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT