ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting No. 36 overall recruit, 2025 RB Alvin Henderson commits to Penn State

Wow. Very highly rated, top 40 nationally. Would be great to land him!

In the world of NIL, do we really think he sticks with PSU? I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but this kid has all the heavy hitters from the $EC going after him. At some point, one of these programs will just throw him a bag and he's gone?

In the world of NIL, do we really think he sticks with PSU? I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but this kid has all the heavy hitters from the $EC going after him. At some point, one of these programs will just throw him a bag and he's gone?
Yep, football is close to unwatchable these days.

Reactions: WeR0206
You are being a wet blanket. PSU needs to up the ante and not by much. OSU has a 20 million bag and PSU 12 million. A mere 8 houses valued like mine difference. PSU has the most grad corp CEOs of any university and corps are cash flush except some retail chains. There is no more excuse that it is illegal or against any rules. We ante up to top tier or we shoot for a lower tier with excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU and Obliviax
You are being a wet blanket. PSU needs to up the ante and not by much. OSU has a 20 million bag and PSU 12 million. A mere 8 houses value like mine difference. PSU has the most grad corp CEOs of any university and corps are cash flush except some retail chains. There is no more excuse that it is illegal or against any rules. We ante up to top tier or we shoot for a lower tier with excuses.
Then donate your house, rich guy.

It's one thing if this kid was local or had some hard ties to PSU - but this kid is from the heart of $ec country. I'm sure Seider has done his thing and the NFL pedigree stands out with PSU RBs. But c'mon, Auburn will throw him 2 million right before signing day and he's gone.

Reactions: RickinDayton
You are being a wet blanket. PSU needs to up the ante and not by much. OSU has a 20 million bag and PSU 12 million. A mere 8 houses valued like mine difference. PSU has the most grad corp CEOs of any university and corps are cash flush except some retail chains. There is no more excuse that it is illegal or against any rules. We ante up to top tier or we shoot for a lower tier with excuses.
I hate to beat a dead horse but most older, and wealthier, people graduated from PSU with Joe Paterno being one of their heroes. When the BOT threw Joe under the bus, the lack of support was inevitable. I haven't checked recently but the last I did all donations to the university, not NIL, were down substantially.

It's one thing if this kid was local or had some hard ties to PSU - but this kid is from the heart of $ec country. I'm sure Seider has done his thing and the NFL pedigree stands out with PSU RBs. But c'mon, Auburn will throw him 2 million right before signing day and he's gone.
Maybe. Kids pick schools for a lot of different reasons. And today, Xfer out for a lot of different reasons. I think of a kid like Zollers who picked Mizzou or pick ups like AJ Harris and Rucci.

Why has that not happened yet? It's not like he is an underrated under the radar guy. He is top 40 in the country. I think we gave him a good offer otherwise we would not be close to landing him. We could still lose him after he verbals (if he does verbal to us) but I would think a Bama or Georgia has put forth their offers already or feel they don't need him given their RB room.

Maybe. Kids pick schools for a lot of different reasons. And today, Xfer out for a lot of different reasons. I think of a kid like Zollers who picked Mizzou or pick ups like AJ Harris and Rucci.
Will be interesting, the kid from Aliquippa is no slouch. Will be interesting to see how this kid’s commitment, if it happens, affects the other two commitments.

So does this mean it will be "Alvin and the Chipmunks?"

65fede46-77cd-4e3b-8709-a49fd26ac1c9_text.gif

136286-1.jpg

Will be interesting, the kid from Aliquippa is no slouch. Will be interesting to see how this kid’s commitment, if it happens, affects the other two commitments.

Maybe we will get all taking three. Did we take three the year we had Holmes, Lee and Ford?

Either way the team is probably projecting the two RBs to go to the draft after this year. We need two just to replace them. Martin is practicing and they know what they have. Is he getting reps at WR? Maybe another will transfer.

They could take three--in no way is that a bad thing. Then one or two eventually transfer. At least that way you find the best. Good strategy IMO.

Maybe we will get all taking three. Did we take three the year we had Holmes, Lee and Ford?

Either way the team is probably projecting the two RBs to go to the draft after this year. We need two just to replace them. Martin is practicing and they know what they have. Is he getting reps at WR? Maybe another will transfer.
It's been said and observed that Martin is practicing solely at RB. The WR thing was somebody's pipe dream......

5 scholarship RB's practicing now, with Smith coming in the Summer. Henderson was taped saying he knows that Singleton and Allen are going to the NFL after this season.

It would not be a surprise to see PSU take 3 RB's in the 2025 class. But it would be a surprise to me if PSU has 7 scholarship RB's going into the 2025 season.....

I'm 100% committed, but I will take all my official visits and Alabama and Auburn will continue to recruit me. Okay. Hope that this isn't code for give me mo' money.

Gotta love all of his story on the background of his commitment. And going forward his intent to help fill out the rest of the PSU 2025 class.

Everything except the plan to go on all his OV's........ Maybe some early NIL $ could be used to get him to SC for additional "OV" type trips to keep him more PSU family engaged ........

Last edited:
I'm 100% committed, but I will take all my official visits and Alabama and Auburn will continue to recruit me. Okay. Hope that this isn't code for give me mo' money.
If someone wanted to wine and dine me all over the country I damn sure would go!

Reactions: brupsu
Gotta love all of his story on the background of his commitment. And going forward his intent to help fill out the rest of the PSU 2025 class.

Everything except the plan to go on all his OV's........ Maybe some early NIL $ could be used to get him to SC for additional "OV" type trips to keep him more PSU family ingaged ........
This will be interesting. Not so sure it’s a done deal at this point. Hope all three backs stick.

Are you coughing up your $million house? do you have another one to cough up next year and the year after that?

Reactions: LionFan87b
Will continue to watch games but recruiting is "unwatchable", Who goes, who sticks, who cares, play the games. You know Joe could not coach under these conditions.
As much as I want to say "yippee ki yay", as I would have in the old days (four years ago), I have so little confidence in commitments or what it means anymore, vis a vis college revenue sports, that I've come to share your bleak assessment. Hopefully, he'll stay as will the others, but I no longer worry one way or the other. Zollers? There is no way, pre-NIL, that he would have gone to MO.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Wow! This guy is the real deal. I haven't seen an offer sheet for a PSU recruit like this in a long time. Offers from Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon, Texas, and Tennessee among many others. Of course, since he walks and breathes, he got a throw-away offer from the pitters too. I wonder if this commitment will make Quinton Martin start cogitating.

Will continue to watch games but recruiting is "unwatchable", Who goes, who sticks, who cares, play the games. You know Joe could not coach under these conditions.
A Joe of the modern generation could. Think about how innovative Joe was in his 40's and 50's. At the top of the game. Now picture that Joe at aged 45 or 50 today. Of course the real Joe born in 1926 could not cope with it.

There has to be a plan with Martin beyond just RB. I don't deny he will play a traditional RB role but what else? How can Kotelnicki maximize him?

Reactions: GregInPitt
There has to be a plan with Martin beyond just RB. I don't deny he will play a traditional RB role but what else? How can Kotelnicki maximize him?
What are you expecting? A RB like Wallace or for that matter Henderson looks to be a better option returning KO's. Martin was very good as a receiver, but from what I saw that was as much because he has great hands as it was that BV had another very good RB and putting another dynamic player on the field in 3A football made the team that much harder to defend.

I'm looking forward to seeing how big Martin looks in Blue & White at the B/W game, but I fully expect him to look a good bit bigger a year from now when he'll pair with Henderson just like Singleton and Allen have done. Singleton has gotten put in the slot at times but not much has come out of it. Martin does have the hands of a WR, but from what I've seen his unique skill is his balance and power which allows him to break tackles and come out of piles for extra yards.

I just hope we indeed see Henderson in Blue & White along with Martin. And with Wallace, Smith and possibly Barker and Hayes as well fighting to get on the field for carries and on special teams the RB's should be fun to watch.

I hate to beat a dead horse but most older, and wealthier, people graduated from PSU with Joe Paterno being one of their heroes. When the BOT threw Joe under the bus, the lack of support was inevitable. I haven't checked recently but the last I did all donations to the university, not NIL, were down substantially.
I was a big Paterno guy and still am. He advocated paying the players long before anyone else. Joe did not support indentured servitude to a system that financed huge stadiums, bloated staff, and a host of sprawling TV networks just to name a few. He saw the hypocrisy of the direction this was going.

I hear the present system isn't sustainable from many PSU corners. It isn't. But sustain the program till the system falls. Then draw back.

I was a PSU fan since 1960. Hurting the program in the short term is honorable? conservative? till when? Till a bargaining agreement arrives to save the day. Ok...if that takes 6 years.. 8... You all good with that. Lol I can hear the whining and bitching of the future and it sounds just like the whining and bitching of the present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
E
Wow! This guy is the real deal. I haven't seen an offer sheet for a PSU recruit like this in a long time. Offers from Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon, Texas, and Tennessee among many others. Of course, since he walks and breathes, he got a throw-away offer from the pitters too. I wonder if this commitment will make Quinton Martin start cogitating.
Why would Martin do that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT