ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Singleton puts up insane #

Is he breaking or approaching Saquon's lifting records?

Probably has or is very close. His power clean was within about 50 lbs when he arrived out of HS.

I'd say this squat is very likely a RB PSU record.

(Also, it's 5 reps!)

Reactions: royboy
I wish PSU would share the lifting record board more often, would be a nice reference point to see how the current class stacks up.

Was it this site or the other site that I read a quote within the past week from Bruce Clark regarding MD football back in his day? PSU again BT MD who was apparently loaded with powerful/strong men. When asked how they beat MD that particular day, Clark quipped (i need to paraphrase): ‘They were concerned about lifting. We are concerned about winning‘

Reactions: lazydave841
Was it this site or the other site that I read a quote within the past week from Bruce Clark regarding MD football back in his day? PSU again BT MD who was apparently loaded with powerful/strong men. When asked how they beat MD that particular day, Clark quipped (i need to paraphrase): ‘They were concerned about lifting. We are concerned about winning‘
It was my post. My recollection is that Clark said after the win when asked about Maryland’s weight lifting prowess, what were we going to do today lift weights or play football?

Reactions: AvgUser
Kinda OT, but Franklin really needs to get on the PR horse about their new facilities. Other programs have long form vids on YT showing off their weight room, etc. He needs to do the same. Like what happened to the old weight room?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Singleton has proven to be a wonderful track guy....if he has an opening on the outside, he is very tough to catch. He is also clearly a very strong guy, could have a career in weightlifting some day. Still waiting on Singleton to become a football player. I don't care how much he weighs or how fast he is, he runs into tackles and drops at 1st contact often. As others have said, if his vision and instincts could ever align with his speed and strength, he'd be the top RB in the country. Hopefully this new OC can get him the ball in space, where he doesn't have to overthink things, he really isn't quick with lateral movements(jump cuts, jukes, etc).

Reactions: scrivener
Singleton has proven to be a wonderful track guy....if he has an opening on the outside, he is very tough to catch. He is also clearly a very strong guy, could have a career in weightlifting some day. Still waiting on Singleton to become a football player. I don't care how much he weighs or how fast he is, he runs into tackles and drops at 1st contact often. As others have said, if his vision and instincts could ever align with his speed and strength, he'd be the top RB in the country. Hopefully this new OC can get him the ball in space, where he doesn't have to overthink things, he really isn't quick with lateral movements(jump cuts, jukes, etc).
I said it before, if he could develop a jump cut, he’d be really dangerous. Runs into the back of too many guards and tackles.

Herschel Walker won a Heisman being a wonderful track guy who did two things: (1) run past them when in space and (2) try to run over them. Was he a football player?

Herschel Walker won a Heisman being a wonderful track guy who did two things: (1) run past them when in space and (2) try to run over them. Was he a football player?

You seen anything to believe our o-line can create huge gashing holes so Singleton can just merely be a track guy with a football? Different Era of football, I reject the herchal comparison entirely.

You seen anything to believe our o-line can create huge gashing holes so Singleton can just merely be a track guy with a football? Different Era of football, I reject the herchal comparison entirely.
Bville's example of a guy 40 years ago tracks...as it has nothing to do with today.

Anyone who thinks Nick doesn't need improvement in vision, contact balance, etc., is deluding themselves. Those traits are what Kaytron has -- but obviously he doesn't have the speed and breakaway ability as Nick. Combine them together, then u have it all, lol.

Take Miles and Barkley..both had the speed to run past you, but also had tremendous ability to be quick in space and make guys miss...and subsequently hard to tackle. Nick runs stiff and seemingly goes down on 1st contact. If Seider can develop that part of Nick's game, then he will be tremendous.

Your post about Singleton has some validity amd you can reject anything you like. Attended the National Championship
game vs Georgia and told some of their fans the night before the game they would see a true running back the next day. When they brought up Walker I politely told them the next move Walker made on a football field would be his first and that I was talking about Curt Warner who demonstrated it on his TD run in the game. However, when it comes to running the football the game is the same now as it was when Walker played.

Bville's example of a guy 40 years ago tracks...as it has nothing to do with today.

Anyone who thinks Nick doesn't need improvement in vision, contact balance, etc., is deluding themselves. Those traits are what Kaytron has -- but obviously he doesn't have the speed and breakaway ability as Nick. Combine them together, then u have it all, lol.

Take Miles and Barkley..both had the speed to run past you, but also had tremendous ability to be quick in space and make guys miss...and subsequently hard to tackle. Nick runs stiff and seemingly goes down on 1st contact. If Seider can develop that part of Nick's game, then he will be tremendous.
Never said Singleton doesn’t need to work on his game.

Your post about Singleton has some validity amd you can reject anything you like. Attended the National Championship
game vs Georgia and told some of their fans the night before the game they would see a true running back the next day. When they brought up Walker I politely told them the next move Walker made on a football field would be his first and that I was talking about Curt Warner who demonstrated it on his TD run in the game. However, when it comes to running the football the game is the same now as it was when Walker played.
I appreciate you acknowledging my original post had merit, kind of makes me question why you immediately would try to disparage it initially with a strawman comparison of a generational RB 40 years ago, but fine enough. I do think defenses are faster now, I do think offenses are more spread out....running the ball isn't simply pre-designing a running lane and blowing through a hole. If Singleton is ever going to realize his potential, he is going to have to do a better job of finding running lanes, he is going to have to be able to make the first man miss. Otherwise, again, he is a weight room warrior and average RB.

I appreciate you acknowledging my original post had merit, kind of makes me question why you immediately would try to disparage it initially with a strawman comparison of a generational RB 40 years ago, but fine enough. I do think defenses are faster now, I do think offenses are more spread out....running the ball isn't simply pre-designing a running lane and blowing through a hole. If Singleton is ever going to realize his potential, he is going to have to do a better job of finding running lanes, he is going to have to be able to make the first man miss. Otherwise, again, he is a weight room warrior and average RB.
Thanks for your patronizing response.

We need to send the two of them to the Wuhan lab, throw in some recombinate DNA enzymes…..and wullah!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT