ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win by the women's hoops team

I watched the game. They actually looked like they had a game plan. Who knew? MM had a good game with 34 and with the depth, actually got to rest some of the game instead of playing 40 minutes of every game. Their transfers looked good and played hard. Still made a lot of silly turnovers especially at the start of the game, but a big improvement over the last few years. I think they will end up about 6th or 7th in the BIG.

Is the transfer guard (Ashley Owusu) they obtained from Virginia Tech (formerly from Maryland) injured? I haven't seen her name in box score for the first 3 games.

Reactions: Ski
Missed the name of the girl that was sitting on the bench is street cloths, but they said that she was injured and would hopefully be able to play sometime soon. I'm sure she was a transfer.

Reactions: Ski and NedFromYork
They received 16 points in the AP pool this week, making them the 4th team outside of the top 25 (so 29th if you took things out).

Reactions: NedFromYork
We’re a 9 seed in today’s Women’s Bracketology on ESPN (yes, about two months before it means anything, but exciting nonetheless).

The ESPN Women's bracketology this week has us in the "last 4 byes", and the 8th to the last team in the field. Really nice to be in a position again when I'm checking it every week!

I watched last night’s game and Owusu is an excellent addition. She runs the point and really sees the floor well. Excellent shooter also. They now have the entire roster and substitute freely with little drop off. One negative is they commit a lot of fouls.

Reactions: psrurock and Ski
If they tighten things up, undisciplined fouling and typical brain cramps. They could compete for the upper level of the bracket. Not in Iowas league nor Indiana' s yet! Owusu's passing is crisp,.fun to watch.

Thought we might start getting some votes again today in the AP poll, but we didn't get any. West Virginia moved into the top 25, so 4 of our 5 losses are to teams that are currently ranked.

Thought we might start getting some votes again today in the AP poll, but we didn't get any. West Virginia moved into the top 25, so 4 of our 5 losses are to teams that are currently ranked.
Yeah I thought they might get some votes too. Bracketology has them in a good spot so hopefully they keep winning. A tournament bid this year would be huge step forward.

Michigan State loss at home was their worst loss, but PSU was missing three players and MSU was playing well at the time. They lost on a last second shot at Iowa in their next game. Their schedule is somewhat favorable with more of their tougher games at home (Maryland, Michigan, OSU and Minnesota), but they do have Iowa on the road as well as Maryland and Minnesota. Not sure how many more games they could afford to lose to make the tournament - possibly 3 or 4, but may depend who they would lose to.

The women won at Northwestern 76-65. Win doesn’t do much for the resume, but avoiding the loss was the important part tonight.

Yes, a bit of slog but good to win on the road against anybody in league. Kudos to Northwestern for the big turnaround from a 40 point drubbing in Happy Valley three weeks ago. Sunday at home against Maryland is an important one.

Reactions: MrDibbs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT