ADVERTISEMENT

Nice article on Jesse James

step.eng69

Nov 7, 2012
North East PA, Backmountain area, age 72
Steelers could have dominant two tight end set
Link:
http://www.nittanynet.com/redirect/794651?web&title=Steelers could have dominant two tight end set
Steelers could have dominant two tight end set
brandon-marshall-jesse-james-nfl-afc-divisional-pittsburgh-steelers-denver-broncos-590x900.jpg

Reactions: LionJim and wslee1
Here is the ACTUAL ORIGINAL LINK to the story published by
logo_stillcurtain-com__150x150.png
which is a Steelers' Dedciated media and fan-interaction outlet.

I linked it because it was a little difficult to find the article at the OP's linked site which is just a directory of PSU-related articles. Good article and demonstrates yet again how full of $hit the trolls are who recently took the opportunity to dump on Jesse yet again when the Steelers signed UDFA Green earlier this year!

Forget it. He can't block. :eek:

Seriously, I am hoping for a big year from James. The kid has the tools.

Reactions: step.eng69
Forget it. He can't block. :eek:

Seriously, I am hoping for a big year from James. The kid has the tools.

How about the picture of him running in the open-field with his left arm extended - that dude has "some guns"! Hard to believe that somebody his size (6'7" and 270 lbs) has a vertical leap of 38"!!! Contrary to what the article states, James' NFL Combine numbers were anything but "average" especially for his size - James was the tallest of the 20 measured TE prospect participants at the NFL Combine at 6' 7" and recorded the 2nd best Vertical Leap, 37.5" - Mycole Pruitt recorded a 38" Vertical Leap, however; Pruitt is only 6' 2" (19th out of the 20 total TE prospects at 2015 NFL Combine) and was officially weighed in at the combine at 251 lbs - middle of pack at combine (again, James at the time of the 2015 Combine was measured at 6' 7" - 1st alone out of 20 prospects and weighed in at 261 lbs, t5th of 20 prospects. Despite being a fraction of the size of James height-wise and weight-wise Pruitt managed to out-jump James by a mere half an inch in the Vertical Leap!).

In fact, James was one of only 2 prospects out of the 20 TE prospect participants that was able to "Vertical Leap" higher than a yard in the air! Here are the measurables on the two who accomplished it
  1. Mycole Pruitt - 38" Vertical Leap (1st/20), 6' 2" Tall (19th/20), 251 lbs (9th/20), 4.58 40 Yard Dash (only half the field, 10 prospects, elected to participate 1st/10), Broad Jump 9' 10" (only 11 elected to participate, 4th/11), 17 Reps on Bench (only 15 participants elected to participate, 3-way tie for 10th/15).
  2. Jesse James - 37.5" Vertical Leap (2nd/20), 6' 7" Tall (1st/20), 261 lbs (5th/20), 4.83 40 Yard Dash (6th/10), Broad Jump 10' 1" (1st/11), 26 Reps on Bench (t2nd/15).
I didn't list all the shuttle crap, etc...., but from the above you can see that James would grade out probably tops in combined score (which is not possible to really do as not everybody participates in each event, nor is it the same group that does participate - James was 1 of 10 athletes of the 20 TE participating TE prospects that participated in ALL of the events).....again, 1st in height by himself, 5th by weight, 2nd in Vertical, 6th in 40, 1st in Broad Jump by himself, t2nd in Bench......

Last edited:
Here is the ACTUAL ORIGINAL LINK to the story published by
logo_stillcurtain-com__150x150.png
which is a Steelers' Dedciated media and fan-interaction outlet.

I linked it because it was a little difficult to find the article at the OP's linked site which is just a directory of PSU-related articles. Good article and demonstrates yet again how full of $hit the trolls are who recently took the opportunity to dump on Jesse yet again when the Steelers signed UDFA Green earlier this year!
Thanks, l couldn't link the actual article with my phone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT