ADVERTISEMENT

NFL. TOUCHDOWN. CELEBRATIONS. [insert the face here]

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
NFL touchdown celebrations seem to get more OUTRAGE. :eek: ous each week. Selfies, conducting a "band", rehearsed choreographed dance, shooting a free throw, etc. In today's Cowboys-Redskins game, zeke elliott put $21 in a Salvation Army kettle after scoring a touchdown. What's next? Clearly players are trying to top one another week to week.

Does the NFL care how ridiculous this has become?

ACT. LIKE. YOU'VE. BEEN. THERE. BEFORE. :eek:

I'd pretend I was getting salad from the salad bar without tongs.

I recently read a quote about cell (smart) phones that seems applicable. The guy said that cell phone developers kept trying to make them SMALLER until people could use them to take their own pictures. Then, they started making them BIGGER and it continues to trend in that direction. NFL players are trying to take “bigger” selfies with these stupid celebrations.

Last year's leap frog celebration was embarrassing. Super bowl shuffle today was after interception. What gives?

One of the many reasons I don't watch NFL. Huge Steelers fan and haven't watched a game in a couple years. Also don't care to have my young son see how these guys act like fools. Sure miss the NFL from the old days.

Yea because Billy White Shoes Johnson would just simply hand the ball to the ref and icky woods wood never dance.
Sometimes the past is not really like how it’s remebered. Just sayin.

Yea because Billy White Shoes Johnson would just simply hand the ball to the ref and icky woods wood never dance.
I see your point, but it almost seems like the WWE now.

Reactions: BBrown
You know what would be a great idea? After an interception, the entire defense should run to the endzone and pose like a group picture.

What's that? Every team already does that every single time? Nevermind.

I dont really care, but its rather unoriginal that every team does the "team portrait" thing weekly. At least be creative.

Butch Johnson California quake.

Let's see- does the sad fact that "grown" men start "following" these guys when they are 16-17 make them feel special? I think it's creepy, but maybe they start then to get an exaggerated sense of their own importance? Maybe when they get into the NFL they are trying to draw attention to themselves so those same sad sacks will buy their jerseys?

just a guess

I used to be of the mentality that they should stop acting like morons after they score but some of these recent ones have made me laugh out loud. Also helps that as a Bears fan, I'm enjoying seeing them do it because that means their train continues to roll.

Oh, and now there's a Twitter account to watch them all again -- https://twitter.com/GetYaPopcorn

Let's see- does the sad fact that "grown" men start "following" these guys when they are 16-17 make them feel special? I think it's creepy, but maybe they start then to get an exaggerated sense of their own importance? Maybe when they get into the NFL they are trying to draw attention to themselves so those same sad sacks will buy their jerseys?

just a guess

Many grown men fantasize about NFL players. They have all kinds of leagues for this fantasizing. There is a whole lot of ego-feeding going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT