ADVERTISEMENT

News flash from Dallas! Tell me what you know.

The Cowboys are a bad football team?

Minnesota wants their North Stars back?

Reactions: MacNit07
Robert MacNeil was a young NBC reporter covering Kennedy on his Texas trip. He was riding in a press bus 6 or 7 cars behind the presidential limousine. He asked the bus driver to stop the bus after recognizing shots had been fired. Looking for a phone to report back to NY headquarters, he ended up in front of the Texas Book Depository. He ran into a young man at the entrance and asked where the nearest phone was. The young man directed him to someone inside for help. A year later William Manchester is doing research for his book, The Death of a President. Recreating the timeline moments after the assassination, Manchester tells MacNeil he is convinced the young man MacNeil asked for assistance in locating a phone was Lee Harvey Oswald. On the night of the assassination Oswald told FBI agents he had run into a Secret Service agent as he was leaving the Texas Book Depository. There were no Secret Service agents near the entrance at that time. Oswald mistook MacNeil, wearing a white shirt and having a short crew cut haircut, for a Secret Service agent.

I was 2 years and 14 days old. Don’t recall the day myself, obviously.
However, mom tells me I was not feeling well and she had put me down for a nap.
My father worked at print shop and a person walked into the press room and said - some son-of-a-bitch just shot the President.

OL

I was in 3rd grade. We were out at recess and one of the kids in my class said the President was shot. This kid was a chronic liar, so no one believed him until we went back in the building and saw our teacher in tears. We were left out of school early and I remember going home and watching everything unfold on tv - black and white, of course.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
according to someone who's helicopter was shot down in Laos, when we weren't in Laos ... the third shot came from the water culvert... although it doesn't appear to me to be an upward trajectory

Saw a special a few years back.....probably on the 50th anniversary. It’s generally accepted that the first shot was a clean miss. There was a piece of concrete missing the curb but too small for direct hit from a high powered rifle. One guy studied film and pics and forensics and devised the theory that the first shot hit the light standard that hung out over the road. It lined up well with the shooter’s location and where the vehicle was. Went to Dallas to try to get permission to examine the light standard but found out all the poles/standards were replaced several years earlier. So we will never know if he was right.

Fill it in yourself

The go to place for Penn State defensive linemen for Texas BBQ in Dallas is Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse. Spotted there chowing down twice during Cotton Bowl week and the entire Mustipher family post game. Rest rooms accessible from the outside only. Good food over ambiance.

IMG-1217.jpg

IMG-1214.jpg

IMG-1216.jpg

IMG-1213.jpg

IMG-1209.jpg

The go to place for Penn State defensive linemen for Texas BBQ in Dallas is Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse. Spotted there chowing down twice during Cotton Bowl week and the entire Mustipher family post game. Rest rooms accessible from the outside only. Good food over ambiance.

IMG-1217.jpg

IMG-1214.jpg

IMG-1216.jpg

IMG-1213.jpg

IMG-1209.jpg
Pecan Lodge was better.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT