ADVERTISEMENT

New Walk-On DB Commit

I saw this on another site and didn't understand why we would offer a 3 star DB when we have another needs this cycle on the offensive and defensive lines. Thanks for the info re: he is a walk-on.

Reactions: lazydave841
I saw this on another site and didn't understand why we would offer a 3 star DB when we have another needs this cycle on the offensive and defensive lines. Thanks for the info re: he is a walk-on.

The few spots left are very interesting. Concensus seems to be:

1. OT - biggest need, highest priority. Might be a Juco kid.
2. DE - replace Parker. I think this could be a DT if they can get one they like better than the other DEs or if we strike out and it falls there.
3. RB - think that with Holmes and Ford gone, Montgomery hurt, they are after another RB. Think they'd like to flip somebody preferably, but could go with the Johnson kid from Florida (who could project at WR also)
4. WR - before Ford "focused on his academics", many expected this to be where the 3rd scholly would go. Joseph kid from Florida seems to be the priority.

Reactions: NedFromYork
The few spots left are very interesting. Concensus seems to be:

1. OT - biggest need, highest priority. Might be a Juco kid.
2. DE - replace Parker. I think this could be a DT if they can get one they like better than the other DEs or if we strike out and it falls there.
3. RB - think that with Holmes and Ford gone, Montgomery hurt, they are after another RB. Think they'd like to flip somebody preferably, but could go with the Johnson kid from Florida (who could project at WR also)
4. WR - before Ford "focused on his academics", many expected this to be where the 3rd scholly would go. Joseph kid from Florida seems to be the priority.
I think they need to bring in a "war-daddy" DT from the portal to replace Mustipher.
I expect Issac to return for next season, so DEs would be Issac, Chop Rbinson, DDS, Vanover, Vilbert (if he makes it back), and some of the guys who have yet to play.

I think they need to bring in a "war-daddy" DT from the portal to replace Mustipher.
I expect Issac to return for next season, so DEs would be Issac, Chop Rbinson, DDS, Vanover, Vilbert (if he makes it back), and some of the guys who have yet to play.

They very well could. Portal is kind of bare at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT