ADVERTISEMENT

New software sucks

Do we want RO's sig pics back?

• YES

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • I like guys (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
I do. I also have a wife and four daughters who are often around when I look at the Penn State website and have to then explain why there is a mostly naked woman showing up on the screen.
Do you have access to google?

My wife sees those same pics. All she does is laugh. Should I be concerned?

I do. I also have a wife and four daughters who are often around when I look at the Penn State website and have to then explain why there is a mostly naked woman showing up on the screen.
Good time to explain that most men are pigs, that they objectify women, that they think with their penises, and most have very poor taste.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I posted this in another thread but this one seems to be more active. I'm curious how the some of you seem to like the mobile app experience, I find it seriously lacking compared to desktop browsing. Are there settings that will fix this?

The native back button doesn't work on Android using the rivals app, instead of returning me to the list of threads it goes to the app home page outside of the forum. I have to use their separate on screen return to BWI board button. When used this takes me back to the top of the thread list instead of where I was previously, forcing scrolling down every single time I return to the main forum page and list of threads. This is terrible UX. I think the old version had a similar issue on mobile. I never really like their app, kicked the tires on this new version. Looks like I'll be sticking to desktop only.

Good for you. And you don't owe anyone an explanation as to why you don't want pictures of barely-clothed women popping up while you're looking at a football message board. I'm embarrassed for these seemingly college-educated, mostly middle-aged men who act like they've never seen a woman before.

Good for you. And you don't owe anyone an explanation as to why you don't want pictures of barely-clothed women popping up while you're looking at a football message board. I'm embarrassed for these seemingly college-educated, mostly middle-aged men who act like they've never seen a woman before.
What makes you think most here are either college educated or HAVE actually seen a woman up close? I'd bet the other way.

Who's acting?😳

I posted a pic of a nude woman directly under this!

HAHAHA!

Bring back cut and paste!
Well there now appears to be a spoiler function
October_hol_877.jpg
so you can do this.

By having ‘ro’s pics here, we can kill two birds with one hand.

By having ‘ro’s pics here, we can kill two birds with one hand.
That’s funny
I still don’t get the fascination of (or the need to have) ro’s pics on here but whatever. I enjoy the conversations on here and the mods seem to encourage the pictures so it doesn’t really bother me. It just causes some awkward moments from time to time.

I am sure there must be an easier solution. Have you tried to ask this question anywhere else? I think it is necessary to engage more people to get more ideas. I am from the Netherlands, Dam Square webcam. And it is really interesting what can be done to solve your issue. If distant learning will be longer than we expect, then we should simplify it as much as possible.

Last edited:
I am getting very weird performance. Very herky, jerky. Even typing in isn't solid or sound. I suspect it is loading a lot of video. I have no problem with the UI UX but the performance is awful.
My problem continues to be typing into a thread. Slow and words are running together.

Reactions: Obliviax
That’s funny
I still don’t get the fascination of (or the need to have) ro’s pics on here but whatever. I enjoy the conversations on here and the mods seem to encourage the pictures so it doesn’t really bother me. It just causes some awkward moments from time to time.

You can turn off sig pics in Preferences.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
The Android app is still hot garbage. I now get push notifications for all sorts of unrelated stuff and the app doesn't seem to have any options to control notifications at all. Other reviewers in the app store have stated the same thing. Push notifications that can't be turned off for content I don't care about is a surefire way to ensure I don't use your product.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT