ADVERTISEMENT

New Running back

In a lot of the highlights, it looked like opponents didn’t want to tackle him.

Williams committed to Appalachian State in July, despite offers from schools like Georgia, Auburn, and Miami. Am guessing that he will have trouble qualifying or some other issue.

6A Florida. Committed in July, hurt junior year, no film. Not going to app
He is an early entry. Interest in Penn State.

The staff is really working hard for that second RB in the 2019 class - it's pretty reasonable to believe Sanders will leave for the NFL draft.

Williams committed to Appalachian State in July, despite offers from schools like Georgia, Auburn, and Miami. Am guessing that he will have trouble qualifying or some other issue.
OSU would ..............find a way to clear him and keep him eligible at least for a semester if they wanted him. If he was a QB, the NCAA would declare special circumstances if Jim Harbaugh thought that he could start ........immediately. Sad reality of academics in CFB.

Don’t think so

Alright, BBCane. You have 5 posts to your credit and come here with some titillation about a kid we never heard of (and who looks unbelievable BTW). So what is your connection to him and to what do owe your insights? You don't seem like a troll as it is far too random a post to make. Anyway, I'll bite.

The staff is really working hard for that second RB in the 2019 class - it's pretty reasonable to believe Sanders will leave for the NFL draft.
Just curious, does anyone know in which round he is projected to be drafted?

Last edited:

Unfortunately I think his lack of ball security will hurt him if he declares for the draft after this season.

OSU would ..............find a way to clear him and keep him eligible at least for a semester if they wanted him. If he was a QB, the NCAA would declare special circumstances if Jim Harbaugh thought that he could start ........immediately. Sad reality of academics in CFB.
"Fake classes, what's wrong with that???"- DR. Mark Emmert

I am still scratching my head as to why people think he will leave. I think he has more work to do here. Same with McGovern.

He's shown he can run, catch and block at a high level. He is fast and durable. As stated above, he's projected to go anywhere in rounds 3-5 of the draft. You might not agree with a decision to leave early, but it's hard to believe that you might actually not understand why many folks think he will leave.

Reactions: 2020 is Our Year
I am still scratching my head as to why people think he will leave. I think he has more work to do here. Same with McGovern.

Eh, the NFL doesn’t care if you put it on the ground a few times in college. Check out the cover story on BWI’s homepage, ball security hasn’t mattered in the draft as much as people believe.

Plus, he’s never going to improve his stock to a 1-2 round kind of back, so he might as well go now before he exposes any other weaknesses. If he’s got anything he needs to work on, he might as well turn pro and get paid to do it.

Reactions: lionroar88
Measurables get you drafted higher. Hell, it's only been in the last 3-4 years that RBs have bumped back up into first round picks. No matter what he does here next year, he'll never run a first round 40 yard dash. It's just reality. He's still very low mileage as far as RBs go. Look at Bryce Love. Did he help himself with the year he had? He was always in the Heisman talk last year. This year? Very quiet in comparison. A couple 20+ carry, 80 +/- performances.

Still no sense of BBCane's background and how he would know these things. I love the kid's video but I'm trying to figure out why the poster came here with what he purports to be some insight into a PSU connection with him. I guess until the poster clarifies, this is just a tease of some sort.

FWIW, his video is as impressive as any I've seen at the skill positions in this cycle.

Have you ever had a concussion? Have you ever torn your acl? Any running back can only take so many hits in their career. If you can get paid enough to possibly change your entire families life would you really stay in school and risk a career ending injury? Sanders had to leave Saturday's game due to getting his bell rung. This is not hard to figure out. Ball security as a knock is overrated.

If his goal is maximizing earnings there is no reason to stay. RB isn't a position where you can improve your stock by returning unless there is no tape at all.

Ryan Snyder texted the kid, and the reply was that he hadn't heard from Penn State--so obviously the Lions aren't/won't be involved.

Unfortunately I think his lack of ball security will hurt him if he declares for the draft after this season.
Certainly hurt him in my eyes. Was/is a solid running back otherwise and seems like a great kid. May be (probably is) unfair, but every time I think of him the fumbles are the first things that come to my mind. Wish the staff had put him on Darnell’s fumble plan from “the Program.”

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Alright, BBCane. You have 5 posts to your credit and come here with some titillation about a kid we never heard of (and who looks unbelievable BTW). So what is your connection to him and to what do owe your insights? You don't seem like a troll as it is far too random a post to make. Anyway, I'll bite.

Judging by his name, Im willing to bet he is a family member or friend down in the miami area trying to drum up buzz on the kid. Willing to bet you can find very similar posts on other teams websites too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT