ADVERTISEMENT

New JZ: The media doesn't realize It, but the "PSU Scandal" narrative is blowing up.

LINK: Mystery tip that broke Sandusky case

Then came the lucky break that may have saved the case.

On Nov. 3, 2010, the day after Corbett was elected governor, Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller received an e-mail. "Ms. Miller," it said:

"I am contacting you regarding the Jerry Sandusky investigation. If you have not yet done so, you need to contact and interview Penn State football assistant coach Mike McQueary. He may have witnessed something involving Jerry Sandusky and a child that would be pertinent to the investigation."

It was signed only "A Concerned Citizen."

The only information about this citizen supplied in the report comes in a footnote on page 62:

"According to the author of the e-mail, he had recently heard rumors that Sandusky was being investigated for child abuse and assumed that any such investigation would involve the Centre County District Attorney's Office. In addition, he had recently heard from a member of Michael McQueary's family that McQueary had firsthand information about Sandusky that would be relevant to such an investigation."

The tip broke the case wide open. A week later, investigators knocked on McQueary's door, and he agreed to cooperate. New resources were committed to the case. Subpoenas were issued. Evidence was assembled. And Sandusky was finally charged on Nov. 4, 2011 - 32 months after the investigation had been referred to the Attorney General's Office.

Who was the mystery man who seems to have rescued the prosecution? A March ESPN magazine story identified him as Christopher Houser. The magazine reported that during a chat on a Penn State football fan website, McQueary's older brother had told Houser that Sandusky, who had recently retired from his charity, would probably never coach again. And he revealed that his younger brother had caught Sandusky with a boy in a locker room shower.

So I know the Sandusky investigation began in late 2008 - but it was not really broadly known about until March 31, 2011 (the first Ganim article in the Patriot-News), right?

November 3, 2010 is several months prior to March 2011, of course.

I was out of the country for 10 days in late March and early April of 2011. Pretty much entirely off the grid. So even as one who often visits BWI and reads up on things, the Sandusky investigation was unknown to me for nearly all of 2011. I had no real idea until early November 2011.

So I know the Sandusky investigation began in late 2008 - but it was not really broadly known about until March 31, 2011 (the first Ganim article in the Patriot-News), right?

November 3, 2010 is several months prior to March 2011, of course.

I was out of the country for 10 days in late March and early April of 2011. Pretty much entirely off the grid. So even as one who often visits BWI and reads up on things, the Sandusky investigation was unknown to me for nearly all of 2011. I had no real idea until early November 2011.
I had seen a post by someone somewhere well prior to Friday, Nov. 4, 2011 when the GJP was leaked. I'm not sure where it was, but it was removed. I just assumed it was a nasty, unfounded rumor.

I had seen a post by someone somewhere well prior to Friday, Nov. 4, 2011 when the GJP was leaked. I'm not sure where it was, but it was removed. I just assumed it was a nasty, unfounded rumor.

Right - I've heard there were some vague but frightening posts on here. Also the infamous post on another site about how "there's something out there that could be an extinction-level event for Penn State football."

Even with that though --- Houser has to know something if he's sending an e-mail to Stacy Parks Miller about "the" Jerry Sandusky investigation. HE knew an investigation was already on-going.

John Ziegler
This doesn't prove anything with regard to the email, but it gives Mcqueary an escape hatch that I feared but couldn't confirm.

And once again, as I predicted yesterday, Ray's general carelessness and his living in an echo chamber have resulted in another BOMBSHELL up in smoke.

When will people learn? He's been consistently wrong from the start.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
And once again, as I predicted yesterday, Ray's general carelessness and his living in an echo chamber have resulted in another BOMBSHELL up in smoke.

You were right once again. Please remember to claim your prize consisting of a tube steak smothered in underwear. What you do with it in the privacy of your home is entirely your own business. ;)

Frankly --- MM was a big-talking but lousy QB too.

All sorts of yapping and talking in the week prior to the 1997 Michigan game.

Then the trick play doesn't work on the 1st play? McQueary cowered and took the sack. Didn't even try to avoid Glen Steele. Took another non-avoiding sack 2 plays later! And then he totally sucked the rest of the game too!

I do wish MM would speak someday. Why the hell not? He's got millions of dollars but nothing but decades of emptiness ahead.

It would probably do his soul some good to speak.

(on a tangent --- that goes for Fran Ganter too, who I've always thought knows some sort of secret. Fran: why exactly were you meeting with Gricar, Sloane, Ralston and Schreffler in October 1998?)
Trouble is he strikes me as a pathological liar, and as such is incapable of ever being completely honest.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

Actually, that link proves nothing regarding the night of the actual incident in 2001.

That just proves that Joe was out of town on the fake 2002 Friday. NOT the 2001 Friday. Joe actually WAS in town the 2001 Friday with Kenny Jackson.

Don't know why John made such a big deal out of it?

Here's something I don't get. Why is Ziegler BURYING THE LEAD??? Blehar sort of did the same thing a few days ago (I did appreciate his response to me and why he structured his blog post as he did).

If you're wanting to build a narrative (and yes, I do still have an open mind for different narratives) --- the story here is Eshbach. She's a liar and a leaker. The liar part is 100% proven - right there in print!

She's also a conduit to Corbutt.

Start your narrative THERE. Don't start with McQueary. He's an incidental.

Michy I can honestly say that’s the first thing that you’ve typed that I somewhat agreed with

The biggest challenge now is “focus”

As I said in the post above --- everyone can change. I've always had an open mind.

But there is A LONG WAY to go as regards the things I'm most critical of as regards Joe Paterno. I mention JoePa because he's the character in this kerfuffle on which I seem to draw the most board cross-fire.

We're nowhere near dis-proving that JoePa knew about the 2001 investigation in 1998. We're nowhere near me saying JoePa was not a "moral failure" in 2001 as regards going to law enforcement.

(for the record - MM was a huge "moral failure" himself in 2001 in that regard too)

Michy Michy Michy ....and I thought there was hope for you

WE were nowhere near those things in the first place
Those of us who understand how this works knew all along that Joe did exactly what he should have

You are still nowhere near having a clue

Last edited:
Actually, that link proves nothing regarding the night of the actual incident in 2001.

That just proves that Joe was out of town on the fake 2002 Friday. NOT the 2001 Friday. Joe actually WAS in town the 2001 Friday with Kenny Jackson.

well the reason is, imo, because MM didnt know the date either of when he reported all of this. He went on line someplace and looked up 3/1/2002 and found out JVP was not in town the night before. So MM was making up a CYA story when he wrote the email.
I cant believe MM didnt remember the day when this happened. One would think that as a GA trying to get a job, and upon calling JVP, and Joe telling him, I dont have a job for you, he would at least remember when Kenny Jackson had left!! You know the guy that was blocking him from a $150k+ a year job, (When MM as a GA was making ??) Or if he didnt quite remember that, he could have looked that up, and said oh yea, now I remember.
It is unbelievable to me MM had the month, day, and year wrong.

well the reason is, imo, because MM didnt know the date either of when he reported all of this. He went on line someplace and looked up 3/1/2002 and found out JVP was not in town the night before. So MM was making up a CYA story when he wrote the email.
I cant believe MM didnt remember the day when this happened. One would think that as a GA trying to get a job, and upon calling JVP, and Joe telling him, I dont have a job for you, he would at least remember when Kenny Jackson had left!! You know the guy that was blocking him from a $150k+ a year job, (When MM as a GA was making ??) Or if he didnt quite remember that, he could have looked that up, and said oh yea, now I remember.

it almost seems like Mike doesn't remember exactly what happened and when, right??

Not surprised. He's is a freaking idiot.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

I agree with you 100% about McQueary. That's not why I am confused.

Concerning McQueary, you are absolutely, positively right! If anything, the link supports and bolsters Ray's theory that Mike didn't know what the heck actually DID happen that Friday night. He was just making excuses and making things up on the fly.

The first thing I thought, like you, was that he either looked up, or was told that on the FAKE 2002 Friday, Joe was out of town, and used that as an excuse as to why he waited until Saturday Morning to tell Joe. This makes it even MORE certain in my mind that if he had to actually lie about THIS, he really wasn't all that concerned on the REAL Friday in 2001 when the incident actually happened. Just another in the long, long line of Mike McQueary fantasies.

What I am confused about is why John is making such a big deal about Ray being wrong based on that link? If anything, that link SUPPORTS Ray. Maybe John jumped the gun and HE is confused. Or, maybe he just hates Ray so much he is trying to discredit his findings.

Both do great work. It would be nice if they could become friends again and work together, but neither accepts criticism very well.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I agree with you 100% about McQueary. That's not why I am confused.

Concerning McQueary, you are absolutely, positively right! If anything, the link supports and bolsters Ray's theory that Mike didn't know what the heck actually DID happen that Friday night. He was just making excuses and making things up on the fly.

The first thing I thought, like you, was that he either looked up, or was told that on the FAKE 2002 Friday, Joe was out of town, and used that as an excuse as to why he waited until Saturday Morning to tell Joe. This makes it even MORE certain in my mind that if he had to actually lie about THIS, he really wasn't all that concerned on the REAL Friday in 2001 when the incident actually happened. Just another in the long, long line of Mike McQueary fantasies.

What I am confused about is why John is making such a big deal about Ray being wrong based on that link? If anything, that link SUPPORTS Ray. Maybe John jumped the gun and HE is confused. Or, maybe he just hates Ray so much he is trying to discredit his findings.

Both do great work. It would be nice if they could become friends again and work together, but neither accepts criticism very well.
I agree with your last line!! Now what I think is, Ray thinks from Mike's note , the 'he was out of town' , the he is MM Dad. JZ thinks the he is, JVP, as he was out of town on the incorrect date, and at the time MM didnt know the date, he was still using 2002. I always thought the 'he' was JVP, as it was too big a lie for his Dad and DD to go along with them meeting with MM that Friday night, if no meeting actually took place. I think if MM meant his Dad, he would have said, 'Dad' was out of town.
and yes I think Ray and JZ are just pissing on the same bush to see who is correct

And Rudy wasn't on TV on 3/1/2002, either.......

I'm sure this is out there, or has been mentioned before. But looking back, the "dark ages" of Penn State football from 2000-2004 seem to stem far from a lack of recruiting. Looks like our coaches had their minds focused on other things outside of football. Paterno on the other hand, reported what he knew to authorities and went back to doing what he knows best. Recruiting talented players, and adjusting to new schemes - Aka Galen Hall going to Texas & Paterno aggressively going after the likes of Derrick Williams, Justin King, etc.

This article sums it up perfectly: It's a shame this didn't get more traction when it was published. Chicago Trib -

Reactions: denniskembala

If that is the case, just proves Mike used a Google search to develop his narrative for what happened. More proof he did not see it a big earthshaking event.

Heck, Mike McQueary's testimony has become so discredited that I think the only legitimate evidence that he witnessed a shower incident at all is the fact that Jerry Sandusky himself has acknowledged he showered with Allan Myers in 2001.

Last edited:
Even on the correct date, Rudy was on too late for McQueary's story to make sense. He was in Lasch for a totally different reason.
It was on at 8pm, so that aligns with the timing from other testimony. Watching Rudy seems like something Mike would have remembered from the start of this since that is what triggered him going to Lasch. That would be the easiest thing to verify, yet it was not......

What is your understanding of the reason for his trip to Lasch?

It was on at 8pm, so that aligns with the timing from other testimony. Watching Rudy seems like something Mike would have remembered from the start of this since that is what triggered him going to Lasch. That would be the easiest thing to verify, yet it was not......

What is your understanding of the reason for his trip to Lasch?

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/2017/03/mcqueary-truthbomb-another-version-of.html?m=1

He would have left before the movie was over, which is surprising if he was so motivated by the movie.

I'm not really sure why he visited Lasch, but I think it's very possible he was drunk and more reason why his testimony was so unreliable.

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/2017/03/mcqueary-truthbomb-another-version-of.html?m=1

He would have left before the movie was over, which is surprising if he was so motivated by the movie.

I'm not really sure why he visited Lasch, but I think it's very possible he was drunk and more reason why his testimony was so unreliable.
It was the first Friday after National Signing Day. That is an incredibly stressful period for CFB coaches. His history should make anyone question his sobriety at this juncture in time. I believe in my heart that he was plastered and that is a major reason for his varying stories.

It was the first Friday after National Signing Day. That is an incredibly stressful period for CFB coaches. His history should make anyone question his sobriety at this juncture in time. I believe in my heart that he was plastered and that is a major reason for his varying stories.

The only "evidence" that he was drunk is a rambling letter from Wendy Silverman. I'm not sure where she got her information.

"Plastered"...LMAO!

Piped, bombed, hootched up, pickled, slammed, wiped out, gooned up, fried, tanked, shit faced.

The only "evidence" that he was drunk is a rambling letter from Wendy Silverman. I'm not sure where she got her information.
So, hypothetically, Mike McQueary must take a sobriety test every Friday night at 10:00PM during the period from 2000-2002. I win $100 for each one he fails, you win $200 for each one he passes. Who has more money at the end of 2002?

Been saying this since the beginning! If we ever had a real detective trying to get to the bottom of this story I'd be willing to bet there is a charge from the Gman on there from that night. That is unless he paid cash but as a GA I bet he was charging stuff.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
This all seems a little fantastical. Let’s go with thebidea that Mike was referring to Joe as the one out of town. And let’s also go with the theory that he was actually referring to the original (fake) date, during which Joe apparently actually was out of town. How would he know ten years later that Joe was out of town that night?

This all seems a little fantastical. Let’s go with thebidea that Mike was referring to Joe as the one out of town. And let’s also go with the theory that he was actually referring to the original (fake) date, during which Joe apparently actually was out of town. How would he know ten years later that Joe was out of town that night?
A three second search right of the official PSU football site pulls the article about Joe being in Philly. Here's an insider tip, the News stories there are also posted in chronological order with a date.

Reactions: RussianEagle
LINK: Mystery tip that broke Sandusky case

Then came the lucky break that may have saved the case.

On Nov. 3, 2010, the day after Corbett was elected governor, Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller received an e-mail. "Ms. Miller," it said:

"I am contacting you regarding the Jerry Sandusky investigation. If you have not yet done so, you need to contact and interview Penn State football assistant coach Mike McQueary. He may have witnessed something involving Jerry Sandusky and a child that would be pertinent to the investigation."

It was signed only "A Concerned Citizen."

The only information about this citizen supplied in the report comes in a footnote on page 62:

"According to the author of the e-mail, he had recently heard rumors that Sandusky was being investigated for child abuse and assumed that any such investigation would involve the Centre County District Attorney's Office. In addition, he had recently heard from a member of Michael McQueary's family that McQueary had firsthand information about Sandusky that would be relevant to such an investigation."

The tip broke the case wide open. A week later, investigators knocked on McQueary's door, and he agreed to cooperate. New resources were committed to the case. Subpoenas were issued. Evidence was assembled. And Sandusky was finally charged on Nov. 4, 2011 - 32 months after the investigation had been referred to the Attorney General's Office.

Who was the mystery man who seems to have rescued the prosecution? A March ESPN magazine story identified him as Christopher Houser. The magazine reported that during a chat on a Penn State football fan website, McQueary's older brother had told Houser that Sandusky, who had recently retired from his charity, would probably never coach again. And he revealed that his younger brother had caught Sandusky with a boy in a locker room shower.
Law enforcement buddies could be the connection...who knows? Perhaps buddies from a social club or something? Hubby became a judge in 1/12...............HMMMMM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT