ADVERTISEMENT

Need some tv show ideas

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
just got a smart tv finally and a whole new world has opened up. Need some info on good series to watch on Netflix and such. What would you guys suggest?

My favorites to date:

The Wire
BreaKing Bad
Sopranos

So generally I like crime and mob stuff. Horror and sci-fi as well.

just got a smart tv finally and a whole new world has opened up. Need some info on good series to watch on Netflix and such. What would you guys suggest?

My favorites to date:

The Wire
BreaKing Bad
Sopranos

I really like The Duece on HBO and long running Shameless on Showtime.

Haunting of hill house was excellent.
For a quirky dark comedy search for The End of The Fxxxxing World. ( yes that is the title)

Currently watching Animal Kingdom for a crime show, proving to be entertaining

For sci-fi I thought The Expanse was pretty good.

Justified
Godless
Peaky Blinders
Hell on Wheels
The Americans

One I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Bodyguard on Netflix. It was a huge hit in the UK and stars the guy who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. Only 6 episodes I believe.

My favorites to date:

The Wire
BreaKing Bad
Sopranos

Fauda - a Jason Bourne-esque Mosaad. vs PLO series on Netflix.

On Amazon Prime: All or Nothing: All Blacks and All or Nothing: Manchester City. Fantastic docuseries following the All Blacks of New Zealand Rugby fame (and fheir awesomely intimidating Hake dance). The other one is the Manchester City Soccer team. Def don’t have to be a soccer fan to enjoy.

Stranger Things if you were ever into shows like the X-Files.

Bates Motel is pretty good ... Olivia Cooke is a real beauty.

My favorites to date:

The Wire
BreaKing Bad
Sopranos

Playboy Tripl3, it is fantastic.

My favorites to date:

The Wire
BreaKing Bad
Sopranos

For Netflix
I'd go Longmire, awesome Cinematography, Stranger Things lots of fun, Any of the Marvel stuff (Punisher, Daredevel, Jessica Jones (season 2 was a drag) and Luke Cage)) before they are gone, I liked and thought Dear White People was topical and good, Grace and Frankie with Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda is pretty funny. Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad. I know people love BB but I like Better Call Saul better. Sorry I can't help with mob type stuff cause I don't like that.

Another vote for Bosch, Justified, and Daredevil. Of the three, I liked Justified the best. Very good writing and acting, making both the “good guys” and the “bad guys” strangely flawed yet somehow likeable. Also, Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbach as Sherlock and one of the guys (can’t remember his name) from the Cornetto Trilogy movies (also recommend them if you haven’t seen them) as Watson.

LIttle Drummer Girl on AMC is excellent. A six episode Mossad thriller based on the true hunt in the early 1980's for terrorist bombers. No commercials.

Justified
Godless
Peaky Blinders
Hell on Wheels
The Americans

I’m surprised Godless doesn’t get mentioned more. It’s a 7 episode, one and done series. I’m not huge on westerns, but this was among the best combinations of story (drama), acting and cinematography that I have seen. Must see TV.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I’m surprised Godless doesn’t get mentioned more. It’s a 7 episode, one and done series. I’m not huge on westerns, but this was among the best combinations of story (drama), acting and cinematography that I have seen. Must see TV.

I third this. Godless was tremendous, a real gem awaiting anyone who hasn’t seen it

Horror and Sci-fi? The Black Mirror..binge it all.

+100 for this. But don't start from season 1 episode 1 "The National Anthem", instead start with "Nosedive" and follow the guide below and save "Black Museum" for the end of your binge:

If you have amazon prime you must absolutely check out "The Expanse". Best Sci-fi multi-season show I've seen in some time.

I'll also toss in for the Sci-fi genre from Netflix "Altered Carbon" as long as you're okay with gratuitous violence nudity and "adult themes".

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT